YesNoOk

Physical attack going through projectile unphased (Read 7021 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, August 11, 2016, 05:30:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Physical attack going through projectile unphased
#21  August 18, 2016, 03:15:50 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I didn't know P could be put there. It's not listed in the hitflag details of the hitdef in the docs.
#22  August 18, 2016, 07:56:19 am
    • Thailand
Yeah. I don't think I've ever heard of that either. Or maybe I've just never used it after all this time. It doesn't make any sense, though, since anything that can be hit by a projectile will already be hit by a projectile, unless a hitby or nothhitby sctrl prohibits it.

I just thought the hitflag parameter of the hitdef determined the type of state p2 had to be in for the hitdef to work.

But then again this is MUGEN and a lot of useful tricks are not documented. =/
#23  August 18, 2016, 10:29:59 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
P allows type = projectile to hit each other. They're not used much these days because helpers. But a projectile that lacks P in the hitflags can't cancel out other type = projectiles.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#24  August 18, 2016, 04:31:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
So I spent several hours yesterday trying to use the projectile method and couldn't ever get it to work perfectly. What would be the best trigger I could add to my own helper fireballs so that when destroyed by a hitdef they will play their appropriate destroyed anim?

Edit: thought of something that I can try

My helper can have an invisible explod traveling with it and in -2 I can put in some code that if the helper is gone the explod plays the appropriate destroyed anim. The explod will remove itself if the destroyed anim helper plays though. This way there won't be double animation
Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:06:53 pm by Just No Point
#25  August 18, 2016, 09:56:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'll go ahead and mark this solved. The other issue I was referring to shouldn't be hard to fix as soon as I get a chance and doesn't have a lot to do with this thread.

Thanks for all the help everyone!