YesNoOk

Deadly Sport (Sammy, unreleased) (Read 6160 times)

Started by 1983parrothead, March 23, 2010, 05:27:09 am
Share this topic:
Deadly Sport (Sammy, unreleased)
#1  March 23, 2010, 05:27:09 am
Anyone ever heard of Sammy's unreleased 1994 fighting game fully of digitized sprites titled Deadly Sport (デッドリースポート)?  It's one of the few fighting arcade games not emulated with MAME, yet, along with Jaleco's Super Strong Warriors, IGS's Alien Challenge and Viccom's Neo-Geo version of The Eye of Typhoon (if the prototype exists).

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/126837142

My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
Re: Deadly Sport (Sammy, unreleased)
#2  March 26, 2010, 12:26:00 am
An unreleased Mortal Kombat clone?

Edit: Forgot to add, the viking-looking guy is my favorite of these characters, he looks absolutely outrageous, I love it! (=CD
Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:41:08 am by K. Jak
#3  March 26, 2010, 12:50:38 am
With a stage that looks exactly like Guiles?

The characters in the poster look....different.

Kind of looks like Jax vs Villiage People vs rejected members of Slipknot.   :-\
#4  March 30, 2010, 06:54:44 pm
    • USA
Wouldn't mind playing a game like this.
#5  April 14, 2010, 05:53:54 am
An unreleased Mortal Kombat clone?

Edit: Forgot to add, the viking-looking guy is my favorite of these characters, he looks absolutely outrageous, I love it! (=CD

In order to be a Mortal Kombat clone/ripoff/wannabe/whatever by your own opinion, does it need to have at least one of these below?

1. Photo-digitized sprites (like in "Last Apostle Puppet Show" by Home Data and "Pit-Fighter" by Atari)

2. Blood, gore and/or death moves/finishing moves ("Fatalities" is a trademark name)

3. Similar plot

4. Similar gameplay and controls

5. 2D (3D makes it similar to other 3D Mortal Kombat-inspired games like Mace: The Dark Age, although there are some 3D Mortal Kombat games)

I see that Bloody Sport has digitized sprites, but I don't know if it has any others in the list above.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.

MDI

#6  April 14, 2010, 06:00:17 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Man..I'd love to play this.

MK Clones are great because I always have low expectations going into them, so it is hard to be disappointed when they are even remotely good.
ey