YesNoOk

Fighting Game Characters you dont want to see again (Read 18813 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, February 27, 2012, 11:28:17 am
Share this topic:
Fighting Game Characters you dont want to see again
#1  February 27, 2012, 11:28:17 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Most fighting game rosters are big today, more than 30 characters is the standard for the most series. Sometimes you see "clone" characters there though or characters you just never liked and think they can be removed from the game or the series and it wouldnt be a big loss.

Which characters would you like to see forgotten/removed in future installments of a fighting game series?
Re: Fighting Game Characters you dont want to see again
#2  February 27, 2012, 12:44:50 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Malin, Momoko, Ingrid, Tira.
#3  February 27, 2012, 12:54:04 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Depends on the game franchise.

Mortal Kombat has many more-than-forgettable characters, and I certainly wouldn't miss most of them: Palette-swapped characters, Bo-Rai-Cho, Meat, Mokap, Stryker (even if he's tier 1), 2-legged centaur Motaro (WTF!!!)

SF series could certainly drop some of the shotoclones or boring characters such as Q. Do something a la MvC Ryu which includes Ken and Gouki's features, or keep a single Shoto and customize him via ISM or SF3's Super Arts. Don't remove a classic black boxer just to add new black boxer, or a classic charge character with weird hair, by a charge character with a spiky pompadour or by an emo wearing elf shoes

KOF have some characters with 0-charisma. One hit wonders such as May Lee, K9999, Oswald, Duo Lon... Don't get me wrong, they could be fun to play or great characters for competitive play, but they lack a good background story or a good reason to be in the game's plot other than "being a friend of X" or "seeks revenge against Y".

That also goes for all these fighting games with guest stars from other game series. Yes, it may be cool to play as Darth Vader in Sould Calibur, Kratos in MK, Gon in Tekken3 or Cole in SFxT, but shoehorning them into these games is sometimes a bit of a stretch
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#4  February 27, 2012, 12:58:31 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Lars and Alisa.  They are just so terrible.
#5  February 27, 2012, 01:18:52 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#6  February 27, 2012, 01:20:04 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Alisa is a fucking Robot. Also watch the BR movie.
#7  February 27, 2012, 01:46:47 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I forgot about Sean.
#8  February 27, 2012, 01:52:20 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
KOF have some characters with 0-charisma. One hit wonders such as May Lee, K9999, Oswald, Duo Lon... Don't get me wrong, they could be fun to play or great characters for competitive play, but they lack a good background story or a good reason to be in the game's plot other than "being a friend of X" or "seeks revenge against Y".

no no no

you mean momoko bao kensou etc.
#9  February 27, 2012, 01:54:44 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
if you ask anyone who captain cheap-o is in  the tekken community, they'll turn and say lars. go to any tekken tournament and see the reaction when they see a lars player. (even though its rare) lars needs to be banished from tekken. theres no need for another "mishima" especially one like him.

alisa on the other hand is fun to play with and has clever moves. So I disagree with getting rid of her.

Bob is the other player that should be banished.....100 times more cheap then lars and just a pointless addition to tekken
#10  February 27, 2012, 01:54:59 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
mai's fucking awful, i just want to point that out. along with chun-li
#11  February 27, 2012, 02:00:59 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)

CF7

#12  February 27, 2012, 02:06:56 pm
Ingrid
I actually think she should come back. Not in a SF game (never in a SF game). But in full-house, Capcom Crossovers.
(...) or keep a single Shoto and customize him via ISM or SF3's Super Arts
That's a bit much...! B-but...I think it could be cool if Capcom bought Ace. Or not. Dunno.
Bob is the other player that should be banished.....100 times more cheap then lars and just a pointless addition to tekken
Bob is cool looking...what about just a nerf?
#13  February 27, 2012, 02:17:51 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#14  February 27, 2012, 02:19:09 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Twelve from SF3 the worst character in that roster. He could be cool character if they made him turn into and do better stuff.

Combot and Alex from tekken they couldn't be any more like Roger and Mokujin.

Edit: Len and K. Mugen spoiled it for me since theirs a bunch of edits and remakes of them.
Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:33:39 pm by xX-Nero-Xx
#15  February 27, 2012, 02:29:07 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
-Rolento.  Crap design, boring as hell, no personality.  Next.

-Karin.  Keep her ass in TxSF or give her a makeover or something.  Her fighting style is fucking bland and way too mundane for SF.  Lili pulls off this character ten times better.

-Felicia.  I actually think her character's personality is quite pleasant, but I despise her design/fighting style/moveset so much, especially in MVC3 where not only is she really good, but somehow nobody uses her which makes the matchup damn near impossible to learn. 

-About half of the Guilty Gear cast (barring Sol, Baiken, Potemkin, Slayer, I-No, Anji, Axl, Robo Ky and a few others).  Just....go away.  Especially fucking Bridget and Ky. 

-Lars.  I cannot believe this is an official character.  Just.....look at him, read his backstory.  This is the kind of thing a fanfic writer would come up with.  And yet he's in an official game and annoying as hell to fight.  Ugh.

-Marrow.  She was crap in Marvel comics and she was crap in MVC2.  Good riddance.

-Area from SFEX.  Probably the only character from this series that is absolutely repugnant in every way.  Everyone else brought at least something strange and not-SF-ish to the table.

-Whip.  Exists only to take spots on two teams that rightfully belong to far superior and more popular characters.  Un fun to play as, un fun to fight, not cool or interesting in the slightest.

-Momoko.  Garbage design, shitty animations, boring moveset.  Yawn.

-Quan Chi.  I just hate this guy so much, but I do want him to show up in one last game so he can die for good in the story and then never be seen again.

-Megaman, Volnutt, Roll, Zero, Tron.  Go away please.  I'll take SFxT Megaman though, he's boss.

-The entire rosters of Phantom Breaker and Skullgirls.

-Cole McGrath.  The fact that I even have to list him as a fighting game character disgusts me.
#16  February 27, 2012, 02:41:04 pm
mk
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#17  February 27, 2012, 02:41:35 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
-About half of the Guilty Gear cast (barring Sol, Baiken, Potemkin, Slayer, I-No, Anji, Axl, Robo Ky and a few others).  Just....go away.  Especially fucking Bridget and Ky. 

close thread as this level of wrongness cant be peaked :noo:
#18  February 27, 2012, 02:46:48 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
#19  February 27, 2012, 02:49:02 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
i personally love hyena, and he's voiced by juda/yuda/hnkromanizationwhat so i can't hate him myself
#20  February 27, 2012, 02:52:19 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Also MC2 mentioned Lars earlier and I have to agree. He reads like a fanfiction character some 7 year old DeviantArt user cooked up. He just happens to be Heihachi's long lost bastard son, speaks primarily Japanese despite being Swedish in a franchise where everyone's good about speaking their native tongue, has a cute robot girlfriend, has a cliche story in T6, I half expected the Devil Gene to be shoehorned in with him being able to master it at a younger age than Kazuya did.