YesNoOk

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade  (Read 378102 times)

Started by Moon Girard, February 14, 2015, 05:42:01 am
Share this topic:

SNT

Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade
#201  August 14, 2016, 07:23:29 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Personally I couldn't care less whether one game doesn't get a villain, just so long as there's a mix of play styles, or at least a mix of FF classes. About half the cast are variations of guy-with-sword, with different levels of magic casting mixed in to the sword attacks; meanwhile, say, the Dragoon class is represented by one guy. Gimme Fang, gimme Freya, gimme that new busty dragoon from XV, mix it up a bit.
#202  August 15, 2016, 04:11:58 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
The problem is normally the most memorable character of the game is the protagonist and the villain.

And normally the protagonist is The Guy With The Sword. Which means most the game is going to be sword people since people want the memorable characters before any other.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#203  August 15, 2016, 04:15:14 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Better be Ultima from FFT since she was the main villain, even if you only saw her at the very end of the game. Plus I wanna see how they handle her and whatnot. >___>
#204  August 15, 2016, 04:23:12 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I'd like to see Altima in all her Tecmo glory as well, but alas, I feel like if they add a rival for Ramza it will end up being Delita.
In the same way we got Jecht instead of Seymour.
#205  August 15, 2016, 04:27:32 am
    • USA
Yeah, that's what I'm fearing. Or they'll probably toss in Gaffgarion or Wiegraf because why not? But here's to really hoping for her at least!

(Though I wouldn't mind having broken Orlandeau too lol. Seeing how he'd be in that playstyle would be interesting indeed).

SNT

#206  August 27, 2016, 02:22:09 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Three characters revealed: Ace from Type-0 and two original characters that'll take Cosmos and Chaos' places.

#207  August 27, 2016, 03:28:47 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Materia's design is pretty awful, Spiritus looks cool though.
#208  August 27, 2016, 03:48:28 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Ha, here i was kind of hoping they put someone from FF type-0 in the game.
Kind of wish it was Sice instead of Ace though.
#209  August 27, 2016, 04:18:59 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Ansem what are you doing
#210  August 27, 2016, 04:21:21 pm
    • USA
#211  August 27, 2016, 05:19:26 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I don't know what they was thinking designing Materia's(The girl's?) outfit. It's like they wanted to stay away from her looking too much like Cosmos and just tried making something original from her even if it made no sense.

And damn it guys, now I can't stop thinking of Spiritus looking like Xenmas now...

And I find it hilarious that they introduced the new faction leaders...way before both sides characters was truly finished yet.
All Spiritus has is Garland and Kefka and Materia now gotten Ace along with Ramza, Kain and every other Main Character in the series.

Since this is a reboot of the Dissidia series, it makes sense why they would ultimately drop Chaos and Cosmos and make these new guys but still, I wonder if they will have something to remind us of them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#212  August 27, 2016, 05:42:03 pm
Materia's(The girl's?)
Yeah. Spiritus calls her out in the video. I'm surprised they didn't try to make it a bit more obvious than just having the guy say the girl's name for no real reason in the middle of a throwaway sentence. It's like they realized at the last minute that they didn't say who was who and they couldn't think of a better way to slip it in. Where are the name tags that everyone else has ?

I'm quite curious about these two, though. They're both saying this world is theirs, and they're both calling out to the heroes for help, and Spiritus is quite clearly not a bad guy even though he's replacing Chaos. I don't really get if these two are enemies or if they're just rivals but working together.

======

For some reason I was expecting an English trailer to come along soon enough, forgetting that this was for Japanese arcade. So I'll translate what they're saying since it sounds interesting :
M : Do you see this beautiful world ? But this appearance is only temporary. This world is heading to its destruction. Everyone, please, save my world, with your strength-
S : You say this is your world ?! Shut up, Materia ! This is my world. You guys, my world is headed to destruction, come fight for it !
M : The faces of the heroes who remain in my memory...
S : The strength that the warriors once dedicated to me... Together, let's make use of it !

So Spiritus seems to be some deity of bravery, guts and strength, this type of thing, calling for the kind of heroes that won't stop punching back (he says the heroes devoted / consecrated their power to him), and Materia seems to be a deity of undying justice and kindness or something like that, if I could venture a guess based on the specific heroes they seem to summon (although I think some of them appear for both of them, but they do seem to be fighting each other in the last group shot). I just can't tell if Materia and Spiritus are both facing each other, both thinking this is their world and the other needs to GTFO, or if they are supposed to work together - I can't tell if Spiritus' "together" is about the heroes or about Materia and himself and they just don't like each other but they'll fight for the world they share. Context says it doesn't seem likely that his "together" is about the heroes, but the final shot has them facing each other, so I dunno. I'm really curious. Spiritus is a type of character that I really don't think I've seen much in games and stories before, no one dares make a story putting a god of fighting on a pedestal like that. Like an asura, but the good kind.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:57:55 pm by Byakko
#213  August 28, 2016, 11:55:31 am
    • Netherlands
I don't know what they was thinking designing Materia's(The girl's?) outfit. It's like they wanted to stay away from her looking too much like Cosmos and just tried making something original from her even if it made no sense.

And damn it guys, now I can't stop thinking of Spiritus looking like Xenmas now...

And I find it hilarious that they introduced the new faction leaders...way before both sides characters was truly finished yet.
All Spiritus has is Garland and Kefka and Materia now gotten Ace along with Ramza, Kain and every other Main Character in the series.

Since this is a reboot of the Dissidia series, it makes sense why they would ultimately drop Chaos and Cosmos and make these new guys but still, I wonder if they will have something to remind us of them.

The trailer made it seem as if some of the protagonists are on his side too, like Shantotto and Squall. In duodecim they expirimented with heroes being on Chaos' side (Cloud, Tidus, Terra) so I actually hope they take that concept again and push it's boundaries. Some villains being on the Materia team would also be cool, like Golbez.
#214  August 28, 2016, 02:25:19 pm
I'd like to see Altima in all her Tecmo glory as well, but alas, I feel like if they add a rival for Ramza it will end up being Delita.
In the same way we got Jecht instead of Seymour.

delita is ok but what will they do to make him different from ramza? i'd rather see a gria or a seeq race to represent other tactic series or one of those prima donna girls from a2 they look cool.
#215  August 28, 2016, 03:16:44 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Materia's(The girl's?)
Yeah. Spiritus calls her out in the video. I'm surprised they didn't try to make it a bit more obvious than just having the guy say the girl's name for no real reason in the middle of a throwaway sentence. It's like they realized at the last minute that they didn't say who was who and they couldn't think of a better way to slip it in. Where are the name tags that everyone else has ?

I'm quite curious about these two, though. They're both saying this world is theirs, and they're both calling out to the heroes for help, and Spiritus is quite clearly not a bad guy even though he's replacing Chaos. I don't really get if these two are enemies or if they're just rivals but working together.

Based on what we're seeing the trailer, I feel like the setup is going to be something like "Two gods who are supposed to be working in harmony suddenly decide they have beef and start a big fight to settle their hash."  Looks like their world is dying and each one blames the other.  So they both scoop up a handful of heroes to fight each other and boom, there's your plot.
#216  August 28, 2016, 05:29:25 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

The trailer made it seem as if some of the protagonists are on his side too, like Shantotto and Squall. In duodecim they expirimented with heroes being on Chaos' side (Cloud, Tidus, Terra) so I actually hope they take that concept again and push it's boundaries. Some villains being on the Materia team would also be cool, like Golbez.

The setup sounds real good if that's what they are aiming for.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#217  August 29, 2016, 01:08:44 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
delita is ok but what will they do to make him different from ramza?
Uh.... everything? Ramza has mostly Squire abilities for support. Delita's Ark Knight/Holy Knight does the complete opposite and debuffs, plus Judgment Blade, Cleansing Strike, etc.

And why the hell would you even start adding characters from the other garbage Tactics game when Ramza still doesn't have a rival?
#218  August 29, 2016, 01:46:43 am
    • USA
Still. Should. Be. Ultima. >_<

Ace was a surprise, I totally forgot about Type-0 since I never played it nor seen anything for, despite the fact that they're shoehorned into every crossover FF game ever. >_<

At least it's not lame Noctis!
#219  August 29, 2016, 01:51:11 am
Still. Should. Be. Ultima. >_<
I don't remember Ultima doing shit beside appearing at the end and just being there. It's still the same Jecht/Seymour discussion, Delita as a character (unrepentant traitor) makes more sense than Ultima, even if Ultima would have bigger moves. Delita can easily have a cool and unique moveset too. The only bad points of Delita is that he's a dude and he has a sword, that's it. His style doesn't even need to be based on his sword, his design can be changed to reflect his treacherous/curse-oriented style with the divine knight stuff being his strong HP attacks.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:56:40 am by Byakko
#220  August 29, 2016, 02:05:08 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Yeah, it's kinda sorta the same reason that the Chaos side doesn't have Zeromus or Necrom as IV and IX representatives.... EVEN THOUGH, we got Cloud of Darkness out of nowhere (I suppose they needed another "female" other than Ultimecia), III's Chaos representative should've been Xande.

Jecht is a bit of an oddball, he is more related to Tidus than Seymour and the story sorta builds around Tidus feeling resentment for him, but to be fair Seymour is the one who pesters the party for a good 90% of the game.
Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 03:04:58 am by S.D.