YesNoOk

Blazblue: Central Fiction (Read 204590 times)

Started by LarsAlexandersson, July 12, 2015, 03:47:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Blazblue: Central Fiction
#181  August 27, 2016, 08:35:05 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I honestly don't really care for conversations like these because simply put, they are pretty pointless.

If a Japanese made game has an English dub, people will complain and say it's bad. If that game doesn't have an English dub, people will complain that there isn't a dub.

Personally, I don't think there's a consensus to dubs. One dub being bad doesn't mean that they are all bad (but who cares what I think no one reads my posts).

I think that the voices you hear first are the ones you end up preferring.
#182  August 27, 2016, 12:07:08 pm
#183  August 27, 2016, 05:23:19 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
There's nothing wrong with a voice actor falling under an archetype and I'll never understand why voice actors are shamed on for that.

If you can do X job right and someone needs someone who can do X job right he'll hire you. If you're goot at voicing funny characters then he'll hire you to voice a funny character, it's exactly the same in movies where a director will cast someone who's good at action movies for his action movie protagonist.

Many actors are versatile enough to be able to play more than one kind of part but that doesn't mean actors who can only play one part are bad, it means versatile actors have a greater amount of jobs available, that's all.

No one asks a singer to be good at every music genre.

Not to mention they easily over or underact just like any other English Voice Actor that people bemoan(which can easily become noticeable if they are voicing females that are even remotely preppy or children) with the only caveat is if you don't understand Japanese at all and thus think they are alright due to emotions.

Then you listen to the DBZ Thai dub and realize that bad acting can be recognized even if you can't understand the language.

My point of the first one is as I said, it's more of the fact that sometimes in Japan, Voice Actors rarely try sounding any different from someone else for the typical character type at times. The better VAs get past this but most of the time, you can hear the same type of voice come from the same type of character damn near every time. They barely try making the character their own and it's pretty evident if you watch VN series of the typical Sue character or Harem Lead. Not to mention the times they make characters sound older than they are in an attempt to be "wise"...

And for the last part, it takes a SPECIAL type of bad to reach that level.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#184  August 27, 2016, 05:39:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I dont' care about this topic and won't talk more about it but:

WALL OF TEXT.

dude, yoru examples are laughable at best and youa re just arguing in circles. even after you said you won't.

and yet you were the one who kept on bringing japanese actors for god knows what reason?  mayeb to argue with yourself ?
#185  August 28, 2016, 02:02:03 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#186  August 28, 2016, 04:34:29 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
would you please stop calling mai boi a she ? he identifies as male >:(

(actually just wanted to ask if this is the same version that has been announced for pc or is pc still one generation behind, even announcement wise)
#187  August 28, 2016, 04:52:25 am
    • USA
What announcement?
#188  August 28, 2016, 05:57:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
now you made me google >;}:( , it's cronophantasma extend and it was released in march, if anything, we won't get a new blazblue for steam until central fiction extend exists so we get that one (best case scenario)
#189  September 07, 2016, 05:49:04 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Japan has the game on console right now!
It's the same deal as with Xrd Revelator where you get a "demo" for preordering.

Except this time around, between September 9th and 11th I think, you get to try out the netplay before the game's consumer version is released!

Preorders also come with a download code for Es. Mai is scheduled for later, it seems.
#190  September 07, 2016, 01:16:17 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
long trailer , showing game modes and Mai

#191  September 07, 2016, 04:30:46 pm
#192  September 12, 2016, 04:38:10 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Just found out today that Hazama's got his Joker color scheme from CS1 back!

But damn the character changed a ton. Again. 214D's startup is so damn long that they're pretty much forcing you to use the new move's stance transition to make the most of it. At least you can straight up just do 4D on someone several times in a row without having to worry about SMP, and that's ridic. lol
#193  September 15, 2016, 12:34:57 pm
Bleh didn't get to do the demo w/netplay, was busy all weekend.

#194  September 15, 2016, 03:51:31 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I'm digging her gameplay, I like the way she attacks with the spear. Been a long time since I wanted to try a character with a spear like weapon. Es gameplay from above was also nice, and I specially liked how the sword slashes seem to be delayed, I like the many possibilities it offers. Unfortunately I don't have a PS4 nor a PS3, but man, I can't wait for the possible PC version to come.
#195  September 25, 2016, 07:48:26 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#196  September 29, 2016, 07:28:31 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

BlazBlue: Central Fiction “Azure Edition” Revealed for Europe which includes:

The BLAZBLUE CENTRALFICTION game on PS4 or PS3
The original 100 page artbook for CENTRALFICTION containing a special collection of artwork from the full BLAZBLUE archive – from Calamity Trigger, to Continuum Shift, Chronophantasma and CENTRALFICTION itself.
The BLAZBLUE Song Interlude III Offical Soudtrack.
A Noel Vermillion Nendoroid Petit  – the second version of the Bolverk-wielding fighter, fully supervised by BLAZBLUE creator Toshimichi Mori.
Beautiful presentation box with artwork exclusive to this edition!

Nice stuff, might grab that art book via ebay sooner or later, am waiting for the PC version.
#197  September 29, 2016, 07:52:43 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Just Pre ordered. Thanks for the heads up! :D
#198  September 29, 2016, 10:24:01 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
And a few more news

Aksys revealed that that Blazblue: Central Fiction will be releasing in North America on November 1 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

The game will launch physically and digitally with the free DLC character, Es, made available for early players from November 1 – November 11. The games limited "Azure" edition also comes to NA with the same stuff as in Europe
#199  September 29, 2016, 10:35:54 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
The free Es'll be for Europe too huh? I guess that's why she's not in the Collector's Edition.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#200  October 05, 2016, 09:23:23 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
WARNING SPOILERS
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty