YesNoOk

Mint Adnade By Christopher/link [Updated 05/02/2012] (Read 11631 times)

Started by Christopher/link, January 24, 2012, 03:26:19 pm
Share this topic:
Mint Adnade By Christopher/link [Updated 05/02/2012]
#1  January 24, 2012, 03:26:19 pm
  • Cant code support magic.
    • Brazil
Updated (February 05, 2012)

Many effects Changed(ressurection,timestop,etc)
timestop stops only foes, not time itself. :huh2:
this change was made to favor gameplay.

Hello! this is Mint adnade , from Tales of Phantasia.

I've Decided to make her so she can Tag team Alongside with Cress/Cless(whatever) --;.
She comes with:

Healing Magic
Status Buff(Sharpness,Barrier)(only herself)
Status Debuff (Acid Rain)
Hi-Ougi (Timestop)

This character was created for 2 vs 2 battles

This is my first creation, so i hope it doen't sucks :-\.

Any more suggestions or Problems(or help with raise dead), fell free to post.

(Rev 4)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?176xj4i4nsmt50r
Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:20:02 pm by Christopher/link
Re: Mint Adnade By Christopher/link
#2  January 24, 2012, 03:28:40 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
A screenshot, please?
#3  January 24, 2012, 04:55:00 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error

- Debug flood
- Not to mention if you don't do anything to the opponent while time stopping, she stays stuck in that state for a while.
- Fully invulnerable during time stop start up.

- Infinite in corner. Staff attack, keep walking forward. Make sure the launcher hits again.
- She walks through opponents during her run.
- Wow... that thing...heals a lot. And for so little power bar.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#4  January 24, 2012, 05:11:52 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#5  January 24, 2012, 05:18:27 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Oh my! Is that a full screen clsn?

I have not seen one in years now!

Yup. It is. And this is from her time stop attack...

PS Last I saw full screen was Orochi's full screen attack.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#6  January 24, 2012, 08:06:29 pm
    • Brazil
- She walks through opponents during her run.

That one was intentional, most Tales of Characters do this.

somebody could suggest how to simulate time stop effects without spamming 1 projctile per Frame.
thus solving the dump
Note: It must let the partner move as well.
Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:31:28 pm by Christopher/link
#7  January 24, 2012, 08:24:28 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
"Invalid or Deleted file"
I guess Mediafire have joined the rest of the file sharing sites in deleting everything now?
Please upload to another site that works. Preferably one that's not located in the US.
ToP was a great game, I definitely want to check this character out.

Edit : Nevermind, looks like you were updating it when I tried to download. Works now.

Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:52:26 pm by Seravy
Re: Mint Adnade By Christopher/link [Updated]
#8  January 24, 2012, 09:16:18 pm
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew
None conventional-Fighting Tales characters have a soft spot in my heart.

....but we all know Arche is leagues better then Mint. =P
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#9  January 24, 2012, 09:20:28 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
"Invalid or Deleted file"
I guess Mediafire have joined the rest of the file sharing sites in deleting everything now?
Please upload to another site that works. Preferably one that's not located in the US.
ToP was a great game, I definitely want to check this character out.

Edit : Nevermind, looks like you were updating it when I tried to download. Works now.

thanx for freaking me out for a moment about my preferred online backup site :P
#10  January 24, 2012, 09:52:39 pm
    • Hungary
-The big portrait has transparent pixels in it.
-Hitspark of Pikohan needs higher sprpriority and transparecy
-Mugenversion line in the def file is completely empty. Doesn't cause any problems, but I think you shouldn't keep it that way.
-Her small portrait is too big, it should be 25*25. Her big portrait is too small.
-Hitsparks of the staff attacks are misaligned
-The standing animation plays while crouching, but the character does enter crouching states.
-33% healing for 500 power? Well, I guess it takes forever to cast so it's probably fine, it'll get interrupted most of the time. ...I take that back, a knockdown from the staff attack guarantees that it'll finish casting.
-Healing has invincibility when it takes effect. I think it would be better to use a superpause while the effect is applied instead. Invincibility does make attacks (even supers) miss you and healing shouldn't do that. Same for every other spell.
-The clsn2 on the back jump looks misaligned.
-Time Stop doesn't actually stop time. It just keeps the opponent in a hit with hitstun. Time Stop is supposed to stop everything, including projectiles, helpers, and opponents having an activated hitoverride. The way it is now, it's just a binding spell, and not a time stopping one (which isn't bad or anything, just doesn't match up with the name of the attack).
-The clock effect of Time Stop needs Noshadow to be asserted and better transparency
-The quality of the superportrait of Time Stop needs to be improved. White on the edges, transparent pixels inside, and overall low quality, probably from image compressions of the source.
- I think she'll need more attacks, especially close range, but long range too. At the moment she only has one close range attack option (b) and zero long range without spending power.
-You won't be able to make Raise Dead, as dead partners cannot be hit and you can't revive them without hitting, so give up on that. The only resurrection possible in Mugen is reviving yourself, which she couldn't do in ToP as far as I remember.
-Her AI doesn't active immediately. Yeah, I know, fault of Winmugen, not yours. You should use 1.0, it has AIlevel.
-Her AI ignores difficulty. Same as above.
-Pikohan should use type=A,NP as it is a projectile. If you declare it as an attack, anti-projectile abilities won't work on it, but anti-attack ones will, and that's bad.
-She gains power while doing nothing. That's not a good idea, but it's ok until she gets more attacks to get power from, I guess.
-All of her attacks cost power except for the staff one, again, bad idea.
-It's extremely easy to defeat her as long as you don't go close to her until she starts casting a spell, then dash forward and beat her up, then move away till she starts casting again.

somebody could suggest how to simulate time stop effects without spamming 1 projctile per Frame.
Use the Pause controller for Time Stopping (no, partners and helpers won't be able to move), unfortunately, but that's the only way.
#11  January 24, 2012, 11:17:10 pm
    • sites.google.com/view/ariasoftheend/home
-You won't be able to make Raise Dead, as dead partners cannot be hit and you can't revive them without hitting, so give up on that. The only resurrection possible in Mugen is reviving yourself, which she couldn't do in ToP as far as I remember.
alternatively he can edit the partner(in this case cless) to resurrect like gill does when Mint performs "raise dead"
and release it like patch or something.
Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:59:39 am by Murdertroyd
#12  January 25, 2012, 01:47:30 am
    • Brazil
Ressurection is possible(but i dont know how).
i have a char of freya adn she can use an union plume and bring back any partner she may have,
be it valkyrie, luke fon fabre or sagat, whatever, but i can't repeat the effect
#13  January 25, 2012, 03:19:53 am
    • Hungary
Ressurection is possible(but i dont know how).
i have a char of freya adn she can use an union plume and bring back any partner she may have,
be it valkyrie, luke fon fabre or sagat, whatever, but i can't repeat the effect
It shouldn't be possible unless it's a full game environment, meaning that every possible partner is coded in a way to work with it. (Or you have an altered common1.cns in your mugen's data that works with it)
If that's not the case and it works in normal mugen with any partner, I'd like to see the code.
The only thing I could think how to make this is to check the partner's life, and if it's 0, hit with affectteam=F, put them into a custom state that looks like death, but isn't, and code the resurrection into that state, but this would be a very...unusual workaround, with noticeable side effects.
#14  January 25, 2012, 03:43:56 am
    • Brazil
here's freya, check for state 16003~16005(union plume)

the site below is japanese

http://reikyuunakimono.seesaa.net/article/90895872.html#more

to download click her face

it seens it calls also state 5120

for a demontration, kill her partner and wait a little,her AI must be OFF(she must be just standing),after a few seconds, autoitem will activate and she will revive her partner but it will not randomly activate state 5150(death)
#15  January 25, 2012, 06:43:55 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Since he forgot too....
Credit to Alfred for ripping tiny and giant piko hammer sprites and the hitspark of piko hammer.

Also, from your read-me...
"I made this character because there are not many Tales of Phantasia Characters around nor many healers."
Oh! Nevermind. It says not many Phantasia characters. I was about to get mad there for a sec because I've made up to like 7 Tales characters so far.

Anyways, feedback...
I'm not seeing very good transparency on her.
A lot of effects have shadows.
For the first few seconds of the battle you don't have much to do except jump around and block. You should automatically start off with 1k power.
I suggest lowering the cost of the attacking magic and making the spell casting faster, but making them weaker as well. You'd get decimated before you even got a good magic attack out.
Instead of using fullscreen clsns, why not spawn the helper on your partner? I'm honestly not sure how to spawn something on your partner, but it should be possible.

Overall, not much to do with her, but she would make a really good support character.

Also, fucking AI's always jump.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#16  January 25, 2012, 12:35:32 pm
    • Brazil

Instead of using fullscreen clsns, why not spawn the helper on your partner? I'm honestly not sure how to spawn something on your partner, but it should be possible.

I am not sure if mugen support such a thing since it reads "postype = p3"  as being the same as  "postype = p1"
(the helper will spawn from her, regardless)
#17  January 25, 2012, 12:52:40 pm
    • Hungary
I'm honestly not sure how to spawn something on your partner, but it should be possible.
Type=Posset
Trigger1=time=0
x=partner,pos X
y=partner,pos Y
#18  January 25, 2012, 01:10:36 pm
    • Brazil
Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:36:34 pm by Christopher/link
#19  January 25, 2012, 04:10:54 pm
    • Hungary
this should be set in the helper, right?
Yes.

Also: what effects should not have shadows?
-The clock effect of Time Stop needs Noshadow to be asserted and better transparency
Maybe there are more, that's the one I noticed.
#20  January 25, 2012, 08:00:52 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Oh shit, that's right...I thought I had figured out what the positioning for your partner was, but when posting here I realized I forgot it and now you reminded me again. So, thanks.

Also, Time Stop needs no shadows and the piko hammer sparkles and timestops clock needs transparency.

Oh, you're going to need to add the trans to the timestop clock helpers state.

Edit:
Timestop sends your character flying when they're hit in mid-air. I suggest putting a velset in their custom hit state to prevent them from moving and a statetypeset to Aerial if Pos Y < 0.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:08:25 pm by Noctis