YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 3060981 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#5301  July 12, 2015, 03:22:40 pm
  • Rawr!
(which i have all the sprites to lol)
Not fair. :XD: Do you know if it's going to be public?

well since the sprite sheet isn't really finished.. i doubt it.. and i kinda took over the project.. but its on hiatus until i get word from Roman .. he hasn't completely abandoned the project.. just lost the motivation.. which is understandable giving his situation.. btw.. the EWGF sprites on Chuchoryu is actually Roman's Sprites edited.. (without our permission i might add)

and if anyone is actually interested in seeing the jin kazama wip in action.. as i've stated previously.. NOT ALL ANIMATIONS HAVE BEEN ADDED.

several basics are missing.. like c.med punch c.heavy punch c. light kick and c.medium kick  and i'm using KFM as merely as a placeholder until i can figure out what kind of style i wanna give him.. i was thinking like a cross between sfxt and cvs ..

Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:05:16 pm by TETSUGA GENSHO

lui

#5302  July 12, 2015, 08:13:12 pm
    • USA
Permissions are stupid. Giving credit where its due is really all that matters. Still, its a dick move that chuchoryu claims all the work for himself.
#5303  July 12, 2015, 11:15:54 pm
the old Hoodie Jin WIP i don't remember the exact reason why Sammyboi and Roman cancelled this particular wip tho.. it was coming along nicely..

Roman, Sammyboi and Myself were doing that project. As is often the case, we each became really busy with our studies at the time and also lost our passion for it.

I dropped out of the project before the others but I guess I always secretly hoped both Roman and Sammyboi continued without me. I have to admit I did wonder whether Roman helped Chuchoryu when his Jin came out as the sprites seemed familiar to me. Roman is an excellent spriter, The original hooded Jin sprites were really cool!

I always shine!
#5304  July 13, 2015, 12:28:52 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Roman did some really wonderful animations for that CvS Jin in the video. Now I feel bad for not knowing about him until now!

Shit
#5305  July 13, 2015, 04:09:23 am
  • Rawr!
the old Hoodie Jin WIP i don't remember the exact reason why Sammyboi and Roman cancelled this particular wip tho.. it was coming along nicely..

Roman, Sammyboi and Myself were doing that project. As is often the case, we each became really busy with our studies at the time and also lost our passion for it.

I dropped out of the project before the others but I guess I always secretly hoped both Roman and Sammyboi continued without me. I have to admit I did wonder whether Roman helped Chuchoryu when his Jin came out as the sprites seemed familiar to me. Roman is an excellent spriter, The original hooded Jin sprites were really cool!

yeah, i know mith i remember im s0lixus aka shin gouki from tmp boards.

Roman did some really wonderful animations for that CvS Jin in the video. Now I feel bad for not knowing about him until now!

and some of them are even incomplete lol.. the double lift kick hasnt been sprited but i added it into the video with recycled sprites and there is also more to come.. roman surprised me earlier today with new sprites and moves for jin :} 
#5306  July 14, 2015, 10:13:51 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
SFV Bison in CVS Style... or at least, my meager attempt at it.

Before you send feedback my way (which I want, since this style is not my forte), I'd like to point out a few things to save you some time, lol.
  • Please let me know if there's any extremely weird stuff with the antialiasing
  • I have no idea how to go about coloring the draped cloth below the belt so I may have (most likely) winged it somehow. I tried looking at the CVS characters wearing Hakamas (Ryuhaku, Hibiki, and Geese), but those have lots of folds, which in turn affects the way the lighting hits them. I tried something along those lines but it didn't look very good with non-folded cloth. If you have any ideas, please send them my way
  • I need some suggestions on the color choice for Bison's boots. They don't look bad, but they're much darker in-game. I don't want to go over the color count but I also don't want them to look too plain, so any suggestions are welcome.

DGO

#5307  July 15, 2015, 03:48:37 am
    • Chile
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:51:56 am by DGO
#5308  July 15, 2015, 04:27:53 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Holy shit, that's a nice CvS mock-up. :o
This is a generic forum signature.
#5309  July 15, 2015, 04:29:08 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#5310  July 15, 2015, 04:48:30 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
anybody know what the scale is for downscaling Borewood's sprites to CvSish size?
#5311  July 15, 2015, 05:17:00 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com

That's a relly good sprite Graphicus, i would only see a problem with his inner armband(right hand)

I made it because of the hype(originally made by XTP597 on Deviantart)

it needs the stripes obviously and the torso is meh
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:21:09 pm by Shao-San
#5312  July 15, 2015, 06:15:06 pm
Vega's lower body receives light from the left. Perhaps a bit of light on his hips could work.
Does the cloth go straight down? If it does (like in this example) it shouldn't receive much light, if not at all, from above (not counting the arms and forearms which are casting even more shadow), only on the creases.
#5313  July 15, 2015, 06:23:32 pm
    • Argentina

That's a relly good sprite Graphicus, i would only see a problem with his inner armband(right hand)

I made it because of the hype(originally made by XTP597 on Deviantart)

it needs the stripes obviously and the torso is meh

Originally I had both armbands with the same amount of light, but then it seemed like his right one should be darker since it was below the other one. I'll try switching back to having both the same and see how it looks.

That's a pretty great Ken Sprite there! The only advice I would give right off the bat is to add a bit more detail to the face.

Vega's lower body receives light from the left. Perhaps a bit of light on his hips could work.
Does the cloth go straight down? If it does (like in this example) it shouldn't receive much light, if not at all, from above (not counting the arms and forearms which are casting even more shadow), only on the creases.

Ah, maybe that was my problem. I never considered the possibility that it would be okay to NOT have any light at all, so I added unnecessary light. Thanks for the tip! I'll give it another shot.

EDIT: Thank you Shao Kun for the feedback on the bracelet and thank you Alex for the "Oh, duh" moment you gave me. I was overthinking the lighting for the lower body, basically. I think it looks a lot more CVS-ish now:

Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:08:16 pm by Graphicus
#5314  July 16, 2015, 03:23:25 pm
    • Argentina
Second attempt:

@Graphicus: check again the bracelet, make it more squarish like
#5315  July 16, 2015, 03:30:26 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
#5316  July 16, 2015, 06:42:30 pm
    • Argentina

DGO

#5317  July 18, 2015, 10:16:21 am
    • Chile
Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:48:37 am by DGO
#5318  July 18, 2015, 03:08:33 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
 lol dude thats epic  :laugh:
#5319  July 18, 2015, 11:05:10 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I might as well say that's a damn good ass Cody sprite there.

Shit
#5320  July 23, 2015, 05:30:29 am
    • Argentina
First time trying this method

(i took me 3 hours)