YesNoOk

Castle (SHADEs of Manhattan 3) - by SeanAltly & Kamekaze (Read 23101 times)

Started by Sean Altly, October 15, 2018, 01:03:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: Castle (SHADEs of Manhattan 3) - by SeanAltly & Kamekaze
#41  October 25, 2018, 10:30:40 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Wow, SeanAltly your sprite work just keeps on getting better and better. Castle is really fun to play as.

Will Shades 3 be moving to this 4 button scheme? If so will the other 2 buttons be Throw and Guard break, or will button 6 be "special" for each character?

Either way I'm looking forward to it. Shades 2 is still my favorite full game for Mugen, and I'm looking forward to it's 3rd installment.

Might not be the place to mention it but I'm also loving the revamped sprites for the returning characters as well.

Yeah Castle is very much what shades 3 will with very few exceptions. I guess the best way to describe him would be a sneak peek into whats happening next.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:48:45 pm by Kamekaze
#42  October 26, 2018, 07:16:00 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I really dig the new system so far! It offers much more flexibility in doing combos. I'm looking forward to seeing how this new system is gonna affect how previous characters play.

And I'm just super stoked in general seeing another release from you after all this time Sean, with Kamekaze on board to boot!
#43  November 03, 2018, 04:58:35 am
    • USA
Wow... this character is NOT fun to fight.

On top of having super armor, he's safe on everything, his grab range is absurdly far (on top of throwing you 24/7), and big damage combos that go on for god knows how long. Even with zoning/keep-away characters, he's still a cheap bastard.

And calling Castle slow is false advertising because he can catch on pretty quickly.

Don't get me wrong Kamekaze is a good coder and all, but he's a sadist when it comes to AI.
#44  November 03, 2018, 03:49:59 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Yeah man I feel ya, I still haven't even won a round on Hard 8 difficulty against him and I created the guy.

Download Last Bout now!
#45  November 03, 2018, 10:36:16 pm
This char is amacing, his ai reflect how a dictator does things, unforgiving and brutal. Even so, is dificult, but i can win against him, only need to predict moves. The ai becomes predictable in some times. Sean, your char is great, and the ai by kamekaze is the best. My suport to shades of manhatan
#46  November 04, 2018, 02:38:39 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Wow... this character is NOT fun to fight.

On top of having super armor, he's safe on everything, his grab range is absurdly far (on top of throwing you 24/7), and big damage combos that go on for god knows how long. Even with zoning/keep-away characters, he's still a cheap bastard.

And calling Castle slow is false advertising because he can catch on pretty quickly.

Don't get me wrong Kamekaze is a good coder and all, but he's a sadist when it comes to AI.

You can't let him get started is all. If you let him keep armoring up yeah it gets difficult but he's far from cheap or impossible lol. His slide is only safe if he meaties a specific version. Even then you can get around it if you're patient. His grab range is only good on the lk version which has a very slow start up so you can jump out. I did nerf the recovery so he's more punishable for making mistakes. Not sure if that update is out yet though. Plus if you have multiple hit attacks it shreds through his armor like a hot knife through butter.

That being said it's a bit of trial and error but when you do take him down you feel pretty good lol

Edit: at lower levels he's more bearable so there's nothing wrong with working your way up. And...I could have made his ai much much more brutal : D
Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:43:22 am by Kamekaze
#47  November 04, 2018, 05:25:16 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

You can't let him get started is all. If you let him keep armoring up yeah it gets difficult but he's far from cheap or impossible lol. His slide is only safe if he meaties a specific version. Even then you can get around it if you're patient. His grab range is only good on the lk version which has a very slow start up so you can jump out. I did nerf the recovery so he's more punishable for making mistakes. Not sure if that update is out yet though. Plus if you have multiple hit attacks it shreds through his armor like a hot knife through butter.

That being said it's a bit of trial and error but when you do take him down you feel pretty good lol

Edit: at lower levels he's more bearable so there's nothing wrong with working your way up. And...I could have made his ai much much more brutal : D

I feel like if i am a kind masoquist by getting excited by this... A work of art.
#48  November 29, 2018, 07:58:15 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Character has been updated as of 11/29. Some bug fixes and damage tweaks. Enjoy!

Download Last Bout now!
#49  January 19, 2019, 07:45:23 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Bump'd.
https://streamable.com/qt8w1
During Fortified, Castle cannot block or absord the attack while crouching and holding back. I suppose this was an overlook?
Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:06:31 pm by Mr.Giang
#50  January 19, 2019, 04:19:17 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
it IS and ISNT a bug. the armor isn't active while blocking because otherwise it would kick in while blocking effectively making you stuck in blockstun longer. So yeah overheads if you try to block them will get you hit, but if you mash anything while an overhead is coming out you'll beat it because of armor.