YesNoOk

King of Fighters XIII Screen Pack 1.0 (Read 33025 times)

Started by EnlightendShadow, March 23, 2010, 09:35:18 pm
Share this topic:
King of Fighters XIII Screen Pack 1.0
#1  March 23, 2010, 09:35:18 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
I would like to make a screen pack for mugen 1.0 but I haven't quite figured out how to make screen packs with the new version.  Most of the screen packs I have are just edits of older ones but if someone is willing help me out I think it would turn out pretty sweet lol.  I made all the pictures below in photoshop but I saved every layer separately so I have all the parts separately that I could send to someone willing to help.  Let me know what you guys think and send me a Personal Message so we can get this project up and running  :sugoi:

This is the Title Screen based on the EVE HD screen pack.  I wanted to have the words on the side and the bottom to scroll as you choose your option such as arcade, vs, or survival.

This next picture is the Select screen.  I really don't know how to make a motif but this is an example of what I would want the select screen to look like when finished.  Of course it would have animations included like scrolling words and a scrolling background.

The final pic is what I would like the VS screen to look like.
Re: King of Fighters XIII Screen Pack 1.0
#2  March 23, 2010, 09:39:45 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The idea is pretty sweet, and everything seems to blend properly. Now you just need to do the coding. ;P
#3  March 23, 2010, 09:44:45 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
The idea is pretty sweet, and everything seems to blend properly. Now you just need to do the coding. ;P

Exactly,  so if someone can do that for me, that would be awesome lol
#4  March 23, 2010, 10:12:11 pm
Looking good, first time I've seen a combination of green and white done right.

I'd like to see your take on the lifebars.
#5  March 23, 2010, 10:15:39 pm
  • SNK is life
VS screen = SF4 with changed color.

Kinda clashes, you know, ideologically :P
#6  March 23, 2010, 10:21:16 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
Looking good, first time I've seen a combination of green and white done right.

I'd like to see your take on the lifebars.

I would definitely want to take a crack at it sometime but first things first.  I have to try to get someone to help me code the screen pack because I don't know how to do that.

Kinda clashes, you know, ideologically :P

Hey good eye  :)
It's true that the versus screen is using SF4 style but I thought it looked a lot better than traditional KOF styled VS screens, they are usually pretty bland and this just works out better.  Basically it came down to preference.

What I would eventually want to have in this screen pack would be KOF XII characters made from KOFXII sprites.   
#7  March 25, 2010, 05:04:23 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
So I actually tried to experiment with the new HD screen pack to see if I could make my I idea a reality.  I actually did make progress but I just can't get the motif for the select screen to work correctly no matter what I do.  Again I am still messing around with the Battle EVE HD screenpack that you can find in mugen 1.0 releases under screenpack.

On the Title screen I was able to put the "The King of fighters XIII" to scroll to the left at the bottom of the screen.  But I still need the bars on the right side of the screen but every time i try to put them they just simply don't appear... so here is a screen shot of my current title screen.

The next picture is of my current Options menu pic and like the title screen the "King of fighters XIII" words at the bottom are also scrolling to the left.

This is a screenshot of my vs screen,  I finally got it to look the way I wanted and looks really similar to the concept work i posted before.

Finally this is my current character select screen.... I tried a lot of things but nothing works quite right so i put it back to its original form. If someone could help me out with creating this one part of the screen pack it would be greatly appreciated.

I would post a .rar file of my screen pack in progress but I don't know if it is allowed to post betas here in this section of the forum.  So like I said all of the above pictures are screenshots from my actual mugen and so far they are looking pretty close to my original concept but that dang select screen is holding me back.  Please PM me if you can help, thankyou
#8  March 25, 2010, 05:23:18 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
If any member of SNK Playmore is watching this post, take some note.
Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:22:41 pm by Uche_of_MFG
#9  March 25, 2010, 06:27:36 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
Okay so I've continued to mess with the Select screen and have finally got a version that looks closer to my initial concept but I'm still having an issue with the character placement.  For some reason no matter what I do to the System.def or the Select .def I always have blank spots that I cannot get rid of.  It comes from the original formatting of the Battle EVE HD screen pack. That is probably the only problem I have right now,  If someone could just help me out with those dang empty spots this screen pack would be very close to completion.  I've tried to take video using fraps but for some reason it just doesn't work on mugen 1.0 so here is another screen shot. Each one of those little dots are empty spots I cannot get rid of,  HELP!!!

#10  March 25, 2010, 07:04:12 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Select.def sets that up. It'll be full of lines like

blank
or
nothing

that sort of thing. Any time you enter an incorrect character name it will fill out a blank space. Just delete them, or replace them with working characters.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#11  March 25, 2010, 08:23:34 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
Select.def sets that up. It'll be full of lines like

blank
or
nothing

that sort of thing. Any time you enter an incorrect character name it will fill out a blank space. Just delete them, or replace them with working characters.

weird, I thought I had changed the select.def but i guess i just didn't save it.  so i finally have the select screen done. i cant believe i made such a rookie mistake lol.  when I'm done setting up my mugen characters i will release the beta screen pack and some examples of the large  and small profile pics needed for the characters to look right. after that i will start to work on the game over screen, credits screen, and the win screen after every battle with win quotes. not bad for my 1st screen pack huh lol
#12  March 25, 2010, 08:28:09 am
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
Looks like your in-mugen screens have quite a bit of detail loss, compared to the ones you did in photoshop.
You can avoid this by using the RGB method.
#13  March 25, 2010, 09:06:01 am
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
it seems like u have a little trouble with this .. if u need any help .. pm me or come to csx , il be more then glad to help  8)
#14  March 25, 2010, 10:01:42 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
So I finally have the Select Screen working correctly here is a screen shot. As you can see I finally got everything set up correctly but I still haven't finished all of the charater portraits.  It takes a while to get they all the right size, but I'm getting there  :sugoi:  I've made all of the large portraits 600*600 so that there isn't any color loss in the pics anymore. The only things I need help with now are the fonts and the placement of the " single, team, tag" words that come up in versus. I think besides that I just have to find the right music for each part and I'll be good to release the beta so you guys can play with it as well.

#15  March 25, 2010, 11:41:52 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
On the select screen, you're going to remove the last row, right ? The portraits don't appear entirely on this row.
#16  March 25, 2010, 12:12:43 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
On the select screen, you're going to remove the last row, right ? The portraits don't appear entirely on this row.

I don't know yet, I'm trying to figure out if i should get rid of them, keep them on the bottom with only half the portrait showing, or just move them down into Invisible character slots.  I'm also trying to figure out how the WIN screen works on Mugen 1.0.  I'm trying to customize the win screen and I'm doing fine with that but I haven't quite figured out how to make custom quotes for every character. So if someone could tell me or point me in the right direction that would help a lot.

GLB

#17  March 25, 2010, 12:44:26 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/

I don't know yet, I'm trying to figure out if i should get rid of them, keep them on the bottom with only half the portrait showing, or just move them down into Invisible character slots.  I'm also trying to figure out how the WIN screen works on Mugen 1.0.  I'm trying to customize the win screen and I'm doing fine with that but I haven't quite figured out how to make custom quotes for every character. So if someone could tell me or point me in the right direction that would help a lot.

Really awesome WIP. I would make that last row a boss row and be hidden, but that's just me. Others may suggest different ways.
#18  March 25, 2010, 02:06:13 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA

Really awesome WIP. I would make that last row a boss row and be hidden, but that's just me. Others may suggest different ways.

Thanks and I think I will take your advice I just have to figure out which 58 characters will be visible and then decide on the secret characters.

Well this is how my Win Screen looks like so far.  I think it looks pretty cool but I don't know how to change the font so you can read the dang words  --; Like said before I still would like to make personal quotes per player. 
#19  March 25, 2010, 02:21:58 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Things are looking good for WIP status and if you need any help, just pm me. I will be glade to help you out bro. :sugoi:
#20  March 25, 2010, 04:06:02 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
a really nice wip!

good luck with it!  :)