YesNoOk

Hardcoded invincibility for short liedown times (Read 6926 times)

Started by jaede_, October 29, 2016, 02:53:36 am
Share this topic:
Hardcoded invincibility for short liedown times
#1  October 29, 2016, 02:53:36 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
While I was testing some juggles against a few characters with a very short liedown.time (we're talking 10 or less) and once I manage to do a knockdown on any of them (say for example Kung Fu Man's KF Upper) and once the character landed onto the floor this happenned:

As you can see, she's fully invincible during this but she shouldn't be, in fact, once I bumped the liedown.time to 11 she was not fully invincible when she landed, and no, she doesn't have any behavior to make her invincible.

If I were to trip Yukari in this instance:

She's not invincible and works normally.

Any reasons for this?
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
Re: Hardcoded invincibility for short liedown times
#2  October 29, 2016, 04:34:05 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
I experienced this bug befoe. I believe it has to do with the lenght of the animation time during the liedown state and how Mugen processes triggers like animelemtime(x) <0 ot time < xxx. If that time never actually is reached, Mugen automatically sets codes that involve these triggers as true.

2OS

Re: Hardcoded invincibility for short liedown times
#3  October 30, 2016, 01:07:40 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
the liedown and getup states (5110 and 5120) have a hardcoded behavior that ignores liedown.time entirely after being juggled a lot. i wouldn't be surprised if there are other odd and undesirable hardcoded features (in light of this it sounds like there is) or what you're experiencing is relative to this.

in any case i would advise to anyone and everyone to override both states entirely.