YesNoOk

Bloodbane - Update (8/8/09) (Read 23316 times)

Started by DEMAN, March 01, 2009, 06:10:41 am
Share this topic:
Bloodbane - Update (8/8/09)
#1  March 01, 2009, 06:10:41 am
  • Origin of Darkness
    • www.freewebs.com/demandforce/
Bloodbane

http://www.freewebs.com/demandforce/mugenstuff.htm

Patch

http://www.esnips.com/doc/b63de680-4e9a-4f3c-8ab5-ca8d024ade23/DBloodbanePatchC

========================================================================

========================================

UPDATE !! (8/8/09)

-Change his Life from 3000 to 222000 just like in VP. (Yes it's over 9000!!!!!)
  but with only 1 defence point, he will take damage*100.
  You can say now his Life point is 2220.
+ Allow Him to recover when fall.
  Still falling but can't be hit.
+ D.Dragon (the black one) all the spell can't be cancel by a hit.
  He'll get hit normally but the spell still come out.
+ Fix attack distance of all spell to 0.
  When enemy hold back they won't change into guard state so it allow them to walk back.
+ Add sound of Stond and Frozen effect of Diseased Tempest
+ Little AI Fix

UPDATE !! (3/10/09)

+ Fix Power add of Helper
+ Add Super-Armor, or what I call Endure, Hold Forward when use Dragon Claw or Dragonic Flame
  You will lost 5% of LifeMax but that attack can't be stop ^^
+ Add D.AI Lv1 !!!!

========================================

He is half boss half normal char.

As a Boss char he Blessed with
+High damage attack
+Lot of Life
+Can't be Throw
+Can't be reverse

But Cursed with
-Very slow movement
-Can't jump

As a Normal char he Blessed with
+Ability to guard
+Ability to dodge

But Cursed with
-Stop when get hit
-Have to use power to use hyper move
-Can get hit up in to air

And little funny video but include new version of bloodbane and D.Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVSa3ftUb7I

† Today you beg for your life, but one day you will beg me for your death †
Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:11:27 pm by DEMAN
Re: Bloodbane - Release [Valkyrie Profile]
#2  March 01, 2009, 06:33:14 am
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
Valkyrie Profile was an Epic game. That was before Squaresoft and enix merged and fucked both companies.  :-\

Anyways, nicely  :sugoi:
#3  March 01, 2009, 11:28:28 am
  • Origin of Darkness
Thx :D I like VP alot too but I'm not in to the main char  :sugoi:

And do u know where his Intro come from?

If u still remember this game, it was when Loki summon him and Fenrir at Surt's throne !!

#4  March 01, 2009, 12:54:25 pm
  • Origin of Darkness

Oh now that you mention him.

Man !! this picture make my D.Dragon look small  ;P

Dragon Vs Armor !!

and the result is  ;D

#5  March 01, 2009, 01:57:19 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
oh yeah I still working on him. but well I alway finish the last project before the first  ;D
but I still working on him so don't worry

Anyway I didn't make AI for my Dragon yet.

I want people to test it first. after edit and every thing ready I will make AI.
Also I like poeple to play as him and see how hard to play as him first,
before I hit them with my D.AI that make it gone berserk  ;D

#6  March 02, 2009, 02:32:18 am
  • Origin of Darkness
no feedback ?

not thing have to change at all ?

#7  March 02, 2009, 02:43:07 am
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
give it time and I will be testing later tomorrow.
#8  March 02, 2009, 09:18:48 am
I gotta say I'm impressed with him

exactly how he was in the game down the letter good job, no excellent job

I hope you do the other valkyrie profile characters as wells

if you dont mind I would like to make a few requests

Freya, Gabriel Celeste, Ethereal Queen, lenneth and her sister

I hope you continue with the good work
#9  March 02, 2009, 02:26:05 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
if you dont mind I would like to make a few requests

Freya, Gabriel Celeste, Ethereal Queen, lenneth and her sister

I hope you continue with the good work

Some one already make Freya as you see it the first picture.
I'll will make Gabriel Celeste and Ethereal Queen when I finish other W.I.P. first.

but for lenneth... I'm not hero side fan :P and when I make it, it will come out to be Devil  ;D (I believe no one like evil lenneth  :S )
So let other make heros and I will make Villains

"With out Villain it will be no Hero"  >:D

He seems to be missing animations when I do  Fire lance,sacred javelin, prismatic missile sometimes appears someitmes doesn't. Really powerful attacks, pressing Y has damage equivalent to more than most supers, but is quite heavy and slow. That Hyper is quite something, extremely difficult to pull off but its amzing straight from VP right? It actually reminded me of the Bahamut summon in FF7. Still needs moves and more playability but is quite a good dragon char. I'll pit him gainst behinnmoth and hauzer and others to check for glitches.

I don't see it missing ? may be you get hit before the spell is completely cast ? It take some time before it will complete but when it done no one can stop it.
that why enemy can't guard it, it already give a chance to stop it.

for Dragonic Flame's damage, I believe it reasonable for a move that so slow as that will be that strong.
also It not like when the flame is come out it will make that big damage right away.
if you or your partner hit him, the flame will stop  :)

anyway if I give him more move he might have to lose ability as a boss   :-\

#10  March 02, 2009, 10:42:10 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Hmmm, I really like this character both as a playable and a boss. And yup, VP was a great game. :P

But when you mentioned that thing about Loki and Surtr (I use Swedish spelling), then I just cant stop thinking of how cool it would be to have Loki and Surtr in MUGEN. O_O
#11  March 03, 2009, 07:58:48 am
  • Foolish, but learning.
but for lenneth... I'm not hero side fan  and when I make it, it will come out to be Devil   (I believe no one like evil lenneth 

So make Hrist/Dark Valkyrie.  Remember she was effectively a pallete swap.  *Shrugs*  What's in a name?

Or Loki.  Or Surt.

Testing...

Valkyrie Profile had a voice test function for all major characters, Bloodbane included-and Gravity Blessing was in those quotes.  With this in mind, why can I hear VP music at the end of Gravity Blessing?

Allow the normal attack to chain properly into Flame Breath.  Allow Flame Breath to chain into magic only if a normal attack landed.  Those chains(First-Attack to flame-was called 'Breath Disruption', second-Attack, flame, spell-is 'Death Sanction') were his major damage dealers.

Remember that Prismatic Missile had a chance of causing status effects.

Moves which lock a person into a 'hit' state don't seem to work right-he breaks out when he shouldn't which causes oddities.

Diseased Tempest needs a visual cue as well as an audio one.  Seeing as it blows the target away, little wind gusts or something?

In his get hit animations, his chest has a see-through hole in it.  What gives?

I am pleased that this was done.
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:35:53 am by Bloodly
#12  March 03, 2009, 09:26:51 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Isn't it possible to find a nice big portrait which isn't pixeled ?
- Why isn't he throwable ? Could make sense for a dragon, but he isn't that big anyway. :P
- Dragonic Flame has too many CLSNs IMO.
- The flame sound for Dragonic Flame continues even if Bloodbane is hit out of it.
- Is Diseased Tempest invincible ? o_O
- Speaking of which, at the end of diseased Tempest, the opponent is immobilized. I think the immo time is really too long, it shouldn't allow Bloodbane to do what he wants.
- Fire Lance gives debug flood about expression truncated to integer.
- Fire Lance is unguardable + homing ? I'd say you should choose only one of both capacities.
- Heal gives debug flood about expression truncated to integer.
- Gravity Blessing needs 3000 power to be performed, but only removes 2000 power to Bloodbane.
- Huge debug flood about expression truncated to integer during Gravity Blessing.
- Wait, I can't do anything to avoid Gravity Blessing ? :S Every attack needs an escape, as powerful as it is.
- During Gravity Blessing, when the opponent is immobilized in standing position, why not place him in the middle of the screen. Also, I don't like the fact that he's hit 3 times then disappears to reappear. It doesn't look natural.
- Gravity Blessing gives back almost 2000 power to Bloodbane, while it should give back 0.

Original take on such a character. Nice effects and good sound ripping. You went for the boss syndrome, which is fine, but even a boss needs his attacks to be stoppable (ie Gravity Blessing). I know he's really slow, but he has huge life and very powerful attacks to compensate. Plus, his attacks give a lot of power. If I had my say on this, I'd remove some of the invincibilities in his attacks, but would add a defensive move where he pushes back his opponent (such as MVC guard push or Choujin's Cell's Energy Field).

I'll be waiting for the update, this has potential. :)
#13  March 03, 2009, 10:28:49 am
    • Thailand
Hhaha, to be honest I just had the same thing as cybaster typed out and ready to submit, but I won't be redundant, instead I'll insert something he didn't list.

- I get a "no target" debug spam when I press x and it hits the opponent and the opponent is himself.

Other than that one of my favorite boss characters thus far, I too look forward to some updates.  :)
#14  March 03, 2009, 11:38:47 am
  • Origin of Darkness
but for lenneth... I'm not hero side fan  and when I make it, it will come out to be Devil   (I believe no one like evil lenneth 

So make Hrist/Dark Valkyrie.  Remember she was effectively a pallete swap.  *Shrugs*  What's in a name?

Or Loki.  Or Surt.

Testing...

Valkyrie Profile had a voice test function for all major characters, Bloodbane included-and Gravity Blessing was in those quotes.  With this in mind, why can I hear VP music at the end of Gravity Blessing?

Allow the normal attack to chain properly into Flame Breath.  Allow Flame Breath to chain into magic only if a normal attack landed.  Those chains(First-Attack to flame-was called 'Breath Disruption', second-Attack, flame, spell-is 'Death Sanction') were his major damage dealers.

Remember that Prismatic Missile had a chance of causing status effects.

Moves which lock a person into a 'hit' state don't seem to work right-he breaks out when he shouldn't which causes oddities.

Diseased Tempest needs a visual cue as well as an audio one.  Seeing as it blows the target away, little wind gusts or something?

In his get hit animations, his chest has a see-through hole in it.  What gives?

I am pleased that this was done.

His voise has no problem but...
For the sound effect of Gravity Blessing, I lost my CD so I run this game from ISO file so I can't completely disable music out  :P
I only can choose to disable sound channel.
If it just 1 sound that take 1 channel I can just disable all other channel, but this one use up so many channel so the music is very hard to disable.
If u can make those sound effect with out music for me, It will help alot  :)

I know that combo but is't it gonna be too powerfull? but well I can work on that  >:D

OK I'll make it cause status effects. also I beleive he should get more power that that from all his spell.

don't understand please explain a little more  ???

for Diseased Tempest I think it ok this way. also it take a litte time to start anyway.

A hole? I don't see 1. may be it just overlay eachother and u think it a hole, may be?

And thx for feedback  :D

- Isn't it possible to find a nice big portrait which isn't pixeled ?
- Why isn't he throwable ? Could make sense for a dragon, but he isn't that big anyway. :P
- Dragonic Flame has too many CLSNs IMO.
- The flame sound for Dragonic Flame continues even if Bloodbane is hit out of it.
- Is Diseased Tempest invincible ? o_O
- Speaking of which, at the end of diseased Tempest, the opponent is immobilized. I think the immo time is really too long, it shouldn't allow Bloodbane to do what he wants.
- Fire Lance gives debug flood about expression truncated to integer.
- Fire Lance is unguardable + homing ? I'd say you should choose only one of both capacities.
- Heal gives debug flood about expression truncated to integer.
- Gravity Blessing needs 3000 power to be performed, but only removes 2000 power to Bloodbane.
- Huge debug flood about expression truncated to integer during Gravity Blessing.
- Wait, I can't do anything to avoid Gravity Blessing ? :S Every attack needs an escape, as powerful as it is.
- During Gravity Blessing, when the opponent is immobilized in standing position, why not place him in the middle of the screen. Also, I don't like the fact that he's hit 3 times then disappears to reappear. It doesn't look natural.
- Gravity Blessing gives back almost 2000 power to Bloodbane, while it should give back 0.

Original take on such a character. Nice effects and good sound ripping. You went for the boss syndrome, which is fine, but even a boss needs his attacks to be stoppable (ie Gravity Blessing). I know he's really slow, but he has huge life and very powerful attacks to compensate. Plus, his attacks give a lot of power. If I had my say on this, I'd remove some of the invincibilities in his attacks, but would add a defensive move where he pushes back his opponent (such as MVC guard push or Choujin's Cell's Energy Field).

I'll be waiting for the update, this has potential. :)

umm he don't have one, he just a poor dragon that have no fan art  :'(

I plan to make him in to half boss so this is what i want  :)

may be Dragonic Flame has too many CLSNs but is don't cause and lag so there no problem.
and if it have less 1 hit will make big damage.

for the sound, I don't think sound of normal flame will stop as long as fire not disappear it not thing to do with him get hit.

There is so many way to stop Diseased Tempest
1. don't let him use it, keep attack and he won't have a chance.
2. hit him with long range attack.
3. hit him will Hyper projectile it don't got blow away (I just do Power Charge and hit him will Hyper Move very easy  :P )

normally It will keep freeze enemy unlease they get hit. also even It take long time, it not like he will get any thing out of it since if he don't do anything he'll lose all his power, and he don't have Power Charge.

For Fire Lance U can just jump when u here he say Fire Lance, it already log on and won't change position.
or u can't just don't let him use it.

about debug flood I'll look into it  :)

yeah it how it is, in VP he just keep use Gravity Blessing untill we are death meat :P but I think I have to let enemy getup sooner or they will just gethit and Bloodbane can use Gravity Blessing again.

No if his power is at maximum you are death meat  >:D just don't let his power get to 3000.

It how it is in VP

yeah most of Higher Spell in VP give back all power when it hit.

but I don't let him just keep Gravity Blessing all the time when it done it need some time before he can do it again and in the little time if he can't hit you his power will drop and he can't use it.

he don't have any invincibilities in any of his attacks.
just don't let he get his power up to 3000 and you will do just fine  :sugoi:

and thx to all for feedbacks it help alot  :D

Hhaha, to be honest I just had the same thing as cybaster typed out and ready to submit, but I won't be redundant, instead I'll insert something he didn't list.

- I get a "no target" debug spam when I press x and it hits the opponent and the opponent is himself.

Other than that one of my favorite boss characters thus far, I too look forward to some updates.  :)

that just because he break out when he became a target. as I say He can't be reverse so he can't be target from any hit.

#15  March 03, 2009, 12:26:42 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.

Not so.  Most give back about half the energy bar.  Gravity Blessing should be giving back roughly 1480 Power total to Bloodbane-Gravity Blessing gives back 48 energy(The fuel for such super attacks) on a 100-point scale, divided amoungst it's 3 hits.  Making sure it empties the whole bar would also help.  He also only used it below 50% HP, so bear that in mind.

The best way to balance the combos I mentioned would be to make them cost energy or require you to have a certain amount of Energy.

The issue is that the main way to go is to combo him.  Comboing gives him energy per hit, and stops his drain.  The result is, combined with his massive health and defence, you can literally combo yourself to death, or combo him into a heal.  But if you back off, you're asking to get ripped apart by spells or Feel My Flame.  And Feel My Flame gives enough power that he's almost sure to fill up greatly on it-and cast Gravity Blessing soon afterwards.  Making it blockable would solve a whole lot.

Diseased Tempest is odd.  It's a projectile that, after it's cast time, instantly strikes your position.  It's counterable, and he can be hit out of it(The sound needs to stop when he's hit, though), provided you can REACH him, which isn't likely because the 'breeze' is strong enough to counter most normal dashes outright.  The catch is the startup is longer than the rest of his moves-it starts later in the animation.

You don't think the hit zone for his normal attack is a little big?  I mean, he can even hit behind him.
Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 12:55:09 pm by Bloodly
#16  March 03, 2009, 12:30:03 pm
    • Thailand
Yeah, the breeze should read the "enemynear, const(velocity.walk.fwd.x)" so it can just slow them down, not completely stop them like it does; it's annoying and unfair, even more so since it can't be blocked.
#17  March 03, 2009, 01:07:35 pm
  • Origin of Darkness

Not so.  Most give back about half hte energy bar.  Gravity Blessing should be giving back roughly 1480 Power total to Bloodbane-Gravity Blessing gives back 48 energy(The fuel for such super attacks) on a 100-point scale, divided amoungst it's 3 hits. 

Diseased Tempest is odd.  It's a projectile that, after it's cast time, instantly strikes your position.  It's counterable, and he can be hit out of it(The sound needs to stop when he's hit, though), provided you can REACH him, which isn't likely because the 'breeze' is strong enough to counter most normal dashes outright.  The catch is the startup is longer than the rest of his moves-it starts later in the animation.

well if u look it that way. GB that start with out any other in the team do any super attack . it cause just 1in3 or 1000 power and it get back 1500  ;P

well if the push back is slow than that, this move will be useless. if any one easy reach him what the point?

but I will work this out somehow.

#18  March 03, 2009, 01:28:15 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
The issue is they can't reach him AT ALL.   >:(
It blocks the first projectile you throw(And you don't really have time for two), and stops even standard dashing outright.  Unless you've got some sort of high-speed technique or teleport, you're screwed.  Can you not see the problem here?
#19  March 03, 2009, 01:53:20 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
what about if I make the wind weak at first and if u don't react fast it will get storger and stroger?

#20  March 04, 2009, 12:08:47 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
After I test it my self

I find that ... he god dame too weak !!

if anyone don't get perfect when fight him, then he/she have to restart play Fighting game all over again  :P

yeah if u try to hit him and then he dodge, he will be unhitable for a short time and he might beable to hit us.

So I just stand in front of him. Stand there any wait ... when he try to attack I kick him!! yeah very simple just do that over and over again he have no way to fight back  --;

So I ask you guy for an idea

what should I do to give him a chance to fight back?