Re: Scorpion By Gabe687
#2  June 28, 2011, 08:04:10 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Screenshot?
#3  June 28, 2011, 12:26:01 pm
Or you could just click the video link since he LOOKS like UMK3 Scorpion. Plays like a champion, entirely new moves and a few from later games that make the character a gem. Look out for future releases from Gabe, guy also made a Shang Tsung and there is talk of a Mugen project of his own. He's known as BLEED on various MK sites. Great dude, even better artist.
#4  June 28, 2011, 04:12:16 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Riiiight. Will check.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#5  June 28, 2011, 04:30:03 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
all i can say from the video is holy fuck, the spear does massive fucking damage
#6  June 28, 2011, 04:57:36 pm
Some Feedback.

Damage is weird all over. Not exactly what I call MK accurate.
Ok... Fatalities don't work so far.
Comboing is stiff overall, even for a custom style, but it jsut looks stiff.
His standing hitbox is as thin as a toothpick.
Also, LOL infinite priorities on every attack.
When Scorpion retracts his spear, it hits the opponent, but doesn't spear the opponent though, just hits him.
Oh by the way, the spear is spammable if it misses. So if it misses and finishes the whole animation that cans till hurt you, he can launch it again without penalty.
Oh by the way, he has loads of invincibility frames in start-ups of his moves.

Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:04:35 pm by ecthelionv2
#7  June 28, 2011, 05:01:58 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
In the video I see him instantly recovering and using an attack after being launched to the air. Can somebody explain what happened there?
#8  June 28, 2011, 05:05:53 pm
In the video I see him instantly recovering and using an attack after being launched to the air. Can somebody explain what happened there?

Oh, it does happen. He has no cooldown at all. And has the recovering abilities of the gods.

Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:09:11 pm by ecthelionv2
#9  June 29, 2011, 03:07:08 am
  • Rawr!
Some Feedback.

Damage is weird all over. Not exactly what I call MK accurate.
Ok... Fatalities don't work so far.
Comboing is stiff overall, even for a custom style, but it jsut looks stiff.
His standing hitbox is as thin as a toothpick.
Also, LOL infinite priorities on every attack.
When Scorpion retracts his spear, it hits the opponent, but doesn't spear the opponent though, just hits him.Oh by the way, the spear is spammable if it misses. So if it misses and finishes the whole animation that cans till hurt you, he can launch it again without penalty.
Oh by the way, he has loads of invincibility frames in start-ups of his moves.

lol i lol'd so hard at that.. ur feedback is horrid no offence...1.. thats apart of the move.. wen have u ever seen a proper scorpion retract the spear in the first place lol.. hahahaha don't say nothing about mk accurate wen u haven't really got a clue on how scorpion plays... yes there is some minor bugs to this char.. but damn dude.. lol ppl already said it has NEW moves.. and bleed is already aware of all the minor bugs.. all the bugs will be fixed on the release of his project type scorpion lol whoever found this found a very OLD version.
#10  June 29, 2011, 06:10:48 am
lol i lol'd so hard at that.. ur feedback is horrid no offence...1.. thats apart of the move.. wen have u ever seen a proper scorpion retract the spear in the first place lol.. hahahaha don't say nothing about mk accurate wen u haven't really got a clue on how scorpion plays... yes there is some minor bugs to this char.. but damn dude.. lol ppl already said it has NEW moves.. and bleed is already aware of all the minor bugs.. all the bugs will be fixed on the release of his project type scorpion lol whoever found this found a very OLD version.

I assume this is the newest version made by this said original poster. But hell I do know in every MK I've played, Scorpion's spear disappears if it misses or gets blocked. It doesn't go through and then come back to hit you if you're not blocking.

I wouldn't mind if the character is accurate or not as long as it doesn't play like poo. but then again, he does have an MK3 mode and it doesn't feel right.

#11  June 29, 2011, 07:07:35 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
This Scorpion is not accurate, but I'm positive that accuracy is not Gabe's concern.
Watching his progress all this time I can assure you he pretty much wants to reinvent MK.
So yeah...most stuff is fully custom.
Also it is a work in progress.

Also, etchelionv2 was simply giving feedback, which I'm sure Gabe would appreciate since it hasn't been given in his proper release thread on Elecbyte. I'm sure he's aware of some bugs but not ALL OF THEM like you claim. --;

Also...how can you say that this Scorpion is a "very OLD version" when Gabe himself just posted the exact same link just the other day.
Here's the latest version of Scorpion for Mugen1.0

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pevhbk

8)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#12  June 29, 2011, 07:35:08 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/gabe687?feature=mhum
I was told there was some fee back on here, so I'm curious to see what's up.

Some things to clear up though, the default mode is totally custom.  I'm not making a copy of any game with that one, just trying to be creative.

The UMK3 mode, I will never get that perfect, what I can do is get a general feel for it.  I know it's way off, but over time with tweaking It can be more accurate.

On what critique I have so far.

Damage is weird because It hasn't been set.  What I have so far is a base setting that every move is using, then it changes with damage scaling.  That was increased earlier today, so overall less damage.  What did 50% before does more like 25 or 30 now.

I'm not sure what you mean about the fatalities not working, I don't have any problems with them.
Toasty =  U,U,HP  At jump distance
Mob = F,F,D,U,Run At jump distance
Stretcher = DF+HP+LP at close distance
Spear Decap = Any spear special that catches the enemy.  This one only works against my Scorpion right now.

Combos look fine to me, maybe you  just aren't used to them?
I'm using a buffer system to get the timing I want to matter when you do the command.  The commands are done by input of the next attack during the previous one, same as 3D fighters.  Only the special 2 in 1's are using the movehit as the trigger.

The hit boxes are thicker now, I made them thin before because that's what they look like in MKT.  It makes some combos miss, so I changed it back yesterday.

Infinite priorities on every attack, is again because that's the way MK has it.  I got some video footage of MKTrilogy with the collision display on, so that's what I was working with when trying to get some stuff like UMK3.  If this is a problem I can add the blue collisions where the Red ones are.

The spear in the custom mode is made to work that way, catch on the way out and hit on the way back.

The spear chains are slow enough so it can be countered easily, what moves are spammable?  I'm countering it consistently, maybe non MK characters have trouble with it?

Invincibility frames on startup of moves I'm not sure what you mean, which ones are you looking at?

The air recovery is normal air recovery like kfm.  He just has a custom state for it that changes the animation and landing.  The move can be toned down.

Thanks for the critique, I'll try to fix some of these issues.  This seems to be the only place I get any real feed back on the problems.

Hopefully I can get an new version uploaded soon, I already fixed a bunch of bugs on it since the last post on youtube, but I'll have a look at the things mentioned here before posting a new link.

As for the bugs... this is a real pain, I fix all the bugs as I run in to them but new ones show up no matter what.  I just have to keep fixing them as they become known.
#13  June 29, 2011, 08:15:55 am
  • I like bread
    • USA
GAWD DAYUM @ the snd file!
I'm still gonna test this out though.
#14  June 29, 2011, 09:02:01 am
Is there a quick way to compress it?
#15  June 29, 2011, 09:26:31 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
yeah been waiting for this
#16  June 29, 2011, 12:50:53 pm

I'm not sure what you mean about the fatalities not working, I don't have any problems with them.
Spear Decap = Any spear special that catches the enemy.  This one only works against my Scorpion right now.

I was wondering why toasty didn't work. The Read-me had a couple of buttons missing.

Infinite priorities on every attack, is again because that's the way MK has it.  I got some video footage of MKTrilogy with the collision display on, so that's what I was working with when trying to get some stuff like UMK3.  If this is a problem I can add the blue collisions where the Red ones are.

Yeah, it needs the blue hitboxes since this isn't MK where everyone there had ridiculous priorities. Here, the Basic hitbox tutorial

The spear in the custom mode is made to work that way, catch on the way out and hit on the way back.

The spear chains are slow enough so it can be countered easily, what moves are spammable?  I'm countering it consistently, maybe non MK characters have trouble with it?

The way i see it, he's got very fast recovery each time he retracts his spear and most of the time I'm not using an MK char, they're still in the block state due to the spear passing through and coming back.

Invincibility frames on startup of moves I'm not sure what you mean, which ones are you looking at?

Most of his special moves. He's hard to hit or unhittable due to whatever you did to the hitboxes at their start-ups.

The air recovery is normal air recovery like kfm.  He just has a custom state for it that changes the animation and landing.  The move can be toned down.

As for the bugs... this is a real pain, I fix all the bugs as I run in to them but new ones show up no matter what.  I just have to keep fixing them as they become known.

Might I suggest more people to ask to Beta test? I know Nanashi and Cybaster could help out. When in doubt ask for help.

#17  June 29, 2011, 02:02:55 pm
  • Kubikiri Basara
  • WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
    • Brazil
    • Skype - viniciustda13
    • shinobiwars.blogspot.com/
I liked the Scopion POwww friendly was , Show ! Just think that they should make the sprites of the character even ,with sprites different XD

;D :sugoi:
Spoiler: Kubikiri Basara (click to see content)
#18  June 29, 2011, 05:18:36 pm
Thanks again for the feed back, I think I'll come here more often.

I changed all the hit boxes last night,  they aren't so thin and I added the blue inside the red ones.  Blue box width is generally to cover the pelvis.  I don't want to see too many phantom hits but I'm trying to keep the collisions to a minimum, trying to cover all I can with 2 to 4 of them.

I'll mess with a few things and post a link later today.

The bug with the character becoming unhittable after they fall in statedef 5100 has been fixed.  This one looks like a hard coded problem, but I found a work around.

The character freezing from a low punch if life is set to 1 was fixed.

Gravity was tweaked, in case someone wants to turn on the fast uppercut recovery.   The gravity is stronger now, so you can't do it too many times over.

I linked the X and Y hit velocity settings to a master value based on play style.  With it, the overall juggle bounce for every move can be changed by playing around with the master value.

The damage scaling works from 1 to 100 hits now, instead of  1 to 10.   The effect is not as harsh but the damage overall is about half what it was on same hit combos.

etc......

[edit]

Air recovery changed to be used with default triggers

Wall slam spear damage is toned down

Toasty command fixed in Moves list

Spear has 10 more tics before it starts retracting, plenty of time to counter after blocking at full screen.

Inner flame throw reach decreased F+HP+LP.

I'm going to test it out for a while now and see if I didn't break anything...
#19  June 29, 2011, 08:24:47 pm
#20  June 29, 2011, 08:26:18 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#21  June 29, 2011, 08:52:20 pm
This Scorpion has a lot of cool custom moves. I like this Scorpion and Gary Fisher's because of the new stuff added. Did you make this Scorpion compatible with any of the MK interactive stages out there?
#22  June 29, 2011, 09:44:16 pm
I haven't, but if I could find some I can give it a shot.

Another problem... the fireball reflection vs Motaro's distance got messed up some how, I'll need to fix that.

[edit]  fixed

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qu6imt
#23  June 30, 2011, 10:19:17 pm
Hey Gabe love your scorpion it's very creative and unique style of gameplay and I don't if you are aware of those bugs but I found two the grab where he shoots fire in your face doesn't want to work at times and the teleport fire slam punch thing when the opponte is in the very corner of the stage he slams them but he pushs back abit not sure if that one is suppose to happen but it looks werid to me but it's still a great scorpion and I've also seen your 3d work on making scorpion and I can wait to see it finish and play and I wish you good luck your projects
#24  June 30, 2011, 11:30:27 pm
I noticed that also with the fire breath throw, It's fixed now.

It got messed up when I was changing the collision boxes the other day, I made the reach on it a little shorter and it would miss some times...

The teleport dive mount has a push back "stumble" if he lands it too close to the wall, but I can change this to happen after the punch.

That's part of a system I was using before with wall slams, similar to Tekken.  I made it specifically for hard flying attacks that would mash the enemy against the wall at close range, like a flying kick and they would bounce back to make some space.

I'm not sure if I want to keep the general wall slams though, because I can't really control where it happens.  Ideally I'd like to have it on the real ends of the stage, not at the edge of the camera.  I could do that with my own stages, but there is no way to check this location for random stages as far as I know.

Best I have done so far is to work with frontedgedist/backedgedist and see how far past the player has gotten.

One reason for the wall slam was to stop infinite wall juggling, but I figured out how to make the gravity increase during juggles, so that's not so much of a problem any more.

Thanks

BTW, It doesn't bother me if you guys mess with the files.  Like the throw missing, you can just fix the collisions on it and let me know so I can fix it also.
#25  July 02, 2011, 06:53:02 am
  • Rawr!
lol gj gabe :).. btw i told u he'd fix it!! :P old version ;).. gabe works on tweaks all the time.. which is why i said its old version :P hahaha.. again gj gabe lovin' ur work.. can't w8 to see what u cook up next.
#26  July 02, 2011, 09:27:38 am
Yeah, pretty much ^

Some updates:

New target hit ID to send the enemy to different hit states branching all from one, I condensed four hit states in to one.

The goal with a lot of these basic things is to make it very easy for another person to work with and my self.  Setting up the code so all you need to do is fill in the blank with one number from a given list and get a complicated result.

I added the wall slams back with an on/off switch.

I changed his parry to get hit by non "standing normal", so throws and lows can hit it, etc.  He shoves against mid attacks and does an attack specific block animation to counter against highs.  It works more like the kung fu movies now.

I was able to override the KO fall to be more like MK's, so any move that doesn't knock down will do the normal standing stun or stumble before falling over.  If they are knocked down, there is almost no speed change.

You can buffer the basic jump moves, so it works like the dial combos.  Instant jump attacks are easy to do now.

I'm experimenting with making the throw escape a reversal instead of just having the characters separate.  It works like a parry now, but making specific actions for reversing or breaking specific throws, like in Tekken 6 and Virtua Fighter 5 is possible with the system in place.  I would just need to make the sequences to play out.
#27  July 05, 2011, 11:47:11 pm
This is a great custom Scorpion! Found a bug though on the move where he soars and takes the opponent with him. On my Mugen, one time it worked and one time he just kept going up and down with the opponent while in the air until time ran out. I don't really like that move though since I can't really picture Scorpion flying his opponent in the air.

Nonetheless, this is my favorite Scorpion for Mugen aside from the one made by Gary Fisher. On one of the spear moves though where he has trouble pulling the opponent, my suggestion would be instead of it saying, "get over here!" twice, the first time he tries and it says "get over here!" and it doesn't work, the second time when it does work, you should use that soundclip of Scorpion saying "get the F*CK over here!"  :o

Is there any custom intros/endings against any Sub-Zero?
#28  July 05, 2011, 11:58:30 pm
What stage was it messing up on?

It sounds like a problem with the stage boundary, I've noticed some stages have the limit set far from the edge of the stage so Scorpion can't reach it for the wall slam.  I can set a timer on the carry like Raiden, that should take care of this problem.

The move doesn't fit Scorpion?

What if that carry move was changed to something like a tackle, or maybe once he hit the enemy it works like the MK9 throw, where he drops the guy and just pull the spear back?

I haven't made an intro or ending vs Sub Zero, but I did get a special sequence with the spear, where Sub will catch and freeze it.
This is for my Sub Zero though, and I haven't converted him from MKP to Regular mugen yet.  The conversion for Scorpion was pretty much a complete remake, I think all that's left from MKP are some old sprites and a few actions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9mVCgQj6gc&feature=channel_video_title

The sound clip for the spear pull  is ok I guess, If I can get a copy I can add it.
#29  July 06, 2011, 02:16:16 am
What stage was it messing up on?

It sounds like a problem with the stage boundary, I've noticed some stages have the limit set far from the edge of the stage so Scorpion can't reach it for the wall slam.  I can set a timer on the carry like Raiden, that should take care of this problem.

The move doesn't fit Scorpion?

What if that carry move was changed to something like a tackle, or maybe once he hit the enemy it works like the MK9 throw, where he drops the guy and just pull the spear back?

I haven't made an intro or ending vs Sub Zero, but I did get a special sequence with the spear, where Sub will catch and freeze it.
This is for my Sub Zero though, and I haven't converted him from MKP to Regular mugen yet.  The conversion for Scorpion was pretty much a complete remake, I think all that's left from MKP are some old sprites and a few actions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9mVCgQj6gc&feature=channel_video_title

The sound clip for the spear pull  is ok I guess, If I can get a copy I can add it.

It might've been the stage boundary. I just felt it didn't fit Scorp because I'm not used to seeing him just fly an enemy up into the air across the screen like Superman or Raiden. I can picture it happening if he did his teleport move and it sent the enemy to the other side but not up the air BUT I may be mistaken because I've played most the MK games, not all and since you programmed the char I'm sure you know way more than I do.

I'd also like to note I like how if Scorp gets beat, when the next round starts he has a getup motion instead of already standing ready to fight. That's pretty cool.

I like that spear move! I'm glad someone is putting MK chars in regular Mugen with custom moves.

Matter fact, are you the same guy that converted Liu Kang, Raiden and Kung Lao? I'm new to Mugen so if this is info already available I apologize. Just wondering because all the chars are named Bloody at the beginning. If so, how do I get them to do their fatalities because it never says "FINISH HIM!" once I've gotten their lifebar down.
#30  July 06, 2011, 06:31:31 am
There were some edits I did of Kung Lao, Raiden, Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Reptile and Scorpion in MKP, with a bunch of custom moves like this Scorpion.

I got the sprites for a throw like MK9 made already, I just need to get them in mugen and coded now.  I think you are right, Scorpion can't fly but he can do like a super jump / air dash. 

[Edit] The throw is done...

If the fatality message doesn't show up, you know to do a fatality if the enemy is standing there dizzy and you hear the drum roll.  I don't remember why I turned that off,  I haven't messed with it in a while... Probably because I can't know if the enemy is male or female with random characters.
#31  July 06, 2011, 08:33:55 pm
Yeah I've never seen him fly but he does have a high jump and teleport moves. I don't know if you're up for taking suggestions to this already nice Scorp but a nice intro could be to include Quan Chi since Scorp basically works for him.
#32  July 07, 2011, 04:20:01 am
Another update

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ijsxm

I changed that flying tackle to work with a short range.  The move links to a throw similar to the one he has in MK9, but this only happens when he reaches the ground.  If you reach the wall before that, he can do the wall slam during the tackle in the air.

The general wall slam is off by default, but there is a switch for it in the basics file.  Variable 21, set it to 1/0 = On/OFF.

I changed the throw escape back to the regular separation because the reversal was too strong.

#33  July 08, 2011, 03:09:21 am
Going to download now.. just like to say once again thanks for this Scorpion. Hope to see more MK chars for regular Mugen minus bugs! Its been long overdue... and the custom moves?   8)

Also if you wanted to incorporate Scorpion saying "Get the F*CK over here!" or "Get over here B*TCH!" into the spear move where he has to pull twice, those soundbytes are from the MK: Shaolin Monks game.
Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:33:30 am by dakidbanks
#34  July 08, 2011, 09:32:13 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Odd.  I had an older version of this Bloody Scorpion.  The A.I. was much more Brutal, I wouldn't get a hit in unless I get a right timed Counter.

This one feels.....slower, simplier.  The animations are a lot smoother now, though.

Still, pretty cool edit.  Thanks for the new roster addition.
#35  July 08, 2011, 06:23:44 pm
It's because I've been making a lot of stuff and not really updating the AI.  It's something I have been thinking about lately.

For the custom combos I know pretty much what to do.  It's how I got that stretcher fatality to work, and the general AI will improve over time as I continue adding triggers for different situations.
#36  July 08, 2011, 07:36:04 pm
All that's really left besides the intros and the MK voice announcing "Scorpion.. WINS!"
#37  September 13, 2011, 08:46:04 am
Here's an update on the 3D conversion of this character.  I have the model ready, so now it's a matter of doing all the animations in 3D and replacing the old sprites.

#38  September 13, 2011, 09:54:58 am
  • Its been ages
    • USA
#39  September 13, 2011, 01:20:17 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
Excellent! I can not wait for this new version  :D

She will be in 640x480 resolution? I hope so!

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee
#40  September 13, 2011, 02:03:31 pm
    • Germany
Yeah.
She'll be for 640 x 480

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#41  September 13, 2011, 02:06:15 pm
  • Mite Kudasai, Ore no Henshin..
    • Singapore

~ A New Hero, A New Legend~ Cho Henshin! - 超変身! ~
#42  September 13, 2011, 03:21:22 pm
    • pastygames.tumblr.com
Very impressive modelling.
#43  September 13, 2011, 04:51:53 pm
Well my computer isn't that great, so I pretty much have to work at 640X480.  The sprites are big though, if some one with a better system can handle mugen at higher resolution, they can change the setting.
#44  September 13, 2011, 05:14:51 pm
    • Germany
#45  September 13, 2011, 07:29:39 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Nice touch on Scorpion. I like it. Any changes to the gameplay?
#46  September 13, 2011, 08:23:32 pm
There are many changes happening on a regular basis.  If I'm not tweaking his moves, I'm working on the over all system, there's always something.

One main detail I've added lately is a new way for him to perform combos.  The links are like Marvel VS Capcom, but you can only link moves based on their motion.  I'm using direction / centrifugal force as the triggers for blocking animations and these custom combos.

He can still do the normal dial combos, but you have another option to make your own.

The spin and tilting animations are generally done with angle draw now, so motions like the jump spin are a lot smoother.  The rope for the spear is using this too for scaling, and now I can add any type of spring animation to it.

The turn state happens in the air now during cross overs, so the commands and animations flip like they do in UMK3.

Push back is a smooth sliding, and there is a very far push back added on the last hit of a dial combo when blocked.

Little details all over, it never ends.

I'm adding general details from UMK3, because I want the base system to feel pretty close, but I generally go with a movie style for the game play on top of that, or lean toward the 3D fighters, like Tekken, VF.  Shoot if you have some thoughts, I'm open to suggestions.
#47  September 13, 2011, 11:06:51 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
Question to bleed/gabe687 or whatever TF you wanna be called,
umm is scorpions decap thingy compatable with your shang tsung?
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#48  September 14, 2011, 12:56:28 am
Call me whatever you want.

The decap fatality is not compatible with the old Shang.  It will eventually, but that character is outdated so there's a lot of stuff that won't work on it.

I'm setting my characters up with version triggers, to try and avoid some bugs caused by old versions of the characters.  Generally, if they aren't up to date, they are treated like KFM.
#49  September 14, 2011, 12:59:57 am
    • USA
Okay. thanks!
are you planning on making any other characters from the series?
My stages folder:

#50  September 14, 2011, 01:57:17 am
Yeah but I can't say who, because I usually start on which ever one I'm it to at the time.

For sure I want to make all the one's I've already created in mugen.

Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Scorpion
reptile
Sub Zero
Baraka
Raiden
Shang Tsung

And I have some 3D models started of others, like Shao Kahn and Kitana.
#51  September 14, 2011, 02:35:47 am
    • USA
awesome! for kunglao and liu kang, are they gonna be the MK3 versions? or MK2?
My stages folder:

#52  September 14, 2011, 02:44:37 am
Liu from MK3, I'm not sure about Kung Lao..., I like both but I already started on the one from MK3.

#53  September 14, 2011, 10:46:26 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
wow the medelling on scorpion is pretty freaking nice!  good job and good luck on the rest
#54  September 14, 2011, 12:50:39 pm
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
damn! those 3D renders are freaking sweet!

major props!
#55  September 14, 2011, 01:03:10 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee
#56  September 15, 2011, 07:11:32 am
This is how the HD sprites look for 1280x720.

I think I can make different .sff files for different sizes.  If it runs slow you can change the .def file, and it will reference the different size .sff.

640x480.sff

1280x720.sff

#57  September 15, 2011, 09:41:53 am
    • Germany
The Scorpion with the traditional Sprites is great. And this Hi-res looking Sprites are badass.
I appreciate the Custom Gameplay.

He sure will be a keeper.
Stick with the 640 x 480 Ver. though...

Sorry. I use Google Translator. My English is not very good and I reviewed the text before sending it  :-\
Yeah, I thought so. Nevermind. Don't want to be rude.
Just joking around.   ;)
#58  September 16, 2011, 11:48:03 pm
  • You don't know enehthin.
DAMN! I turned away for like a while and then i looked at the screen and just saw the sprite DAMN
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#59  September 17, 2011, 02:27:21 am
Here's another

#60  September 17, 2011, 02:36:43 am
    • USA
How long before the 3D scorpion is playable?
My stages folder:

#61  September 17, 2011, 03:17:36 am
I just started making his animations, I don't know how long it will take.
#62  September 29, 2011, 05:41:56 am
  • Don'T Crap upside Down, it doesnt Work!!
Where could i found the other Bloody chars?
#63  October 01, 2011, 02:34:44 pm
  • Q
Check Elecbyte's forums in the Exhibition Gallery. There is a topic called 'Gabe's Stuff' (or something similar) and the first post has Shang/Scorpion compatible with 1.0 and a few others that are MK Project compatible only, and a bit older. (They are being re-done)
#64  October 16, 2011, 05:50:30 am
    • Netherlands
I was told there was some fee back on here, so I'm curious to see what's up.

Some things to clear up though, the default mode is totally custom.  I'm not making a copy of any game with that one, just trying to be creative.

The UMK3 mode, I will never get that perfect, what I can do is get a general feel for it.  I know it's way off, but over time with tweaking It can be more accurate.

On what critique I have so far.

Damage is weird because It hasn't been set.  What I have so far is a base setting that every move is using, then it changes with damage scaling.  That was increased earlier today, so overall less damage.  What did 50% before does more like 25 or 30 now.

Combos look fine to me, maybe you  just aren't used to them?
I'm using a buffer system to get the timing I want to matter when you do the command.  The commands are done by input of the next attack during the previous one, same as 3D fighters.  Only the special 2 in 1's are using the movehit as the trigger.

The hit boxes are thicker now, I made them thin before because that's what they look like in MKT.  It makes some combos miss, so I changed it back yesterday.

Thanks for the critique, I'll try to fix some of these issues.  This seems to be the only place I get any real feed back on the problems.

Hopefully I can get an new version uploaded soon, I already fixed a bunch of bugs on it since the last post on youtube, but I'll have a look at the things mentioned here before posting a new link.

You just made the most awesome char ive ever played in mugen  :o.
Big fan of your works here thx for making scorpion bleed style. :sugoi:
#65  October 19, 2011, 12:26:34 pm
    • Netherlands
Hey Gabe687,

Just one question, (uhm 2 actually) ;D

1 Will you ever be implementing those moves from the 1.0 version to the MKP mugen Scorpion?????
2 Are you gonna make more chars from MK?

There's only a handfull of MK chars on 1.0 that's why i asked.
there's only 2 good ones though  :sugoi:
#66  October 19, 2011, 11:07:18 pm
  • Q
Sorry to speak for bleed, but he said he isn't making any more MKP characters, but he does plan on doing many more MK chars.

And BTW, besides bleed's (fantastic) work there are a few other pretty fair MK chars, like an Ermac by pneophen.
#67  October 20, 2011, 04:25:45 am
    • Netherlands
Sorry to speak for bleed, but he said he isn't making any more MKP characters, but he does plan on doing many more MK chars.

And BTW, besides bleed's (fantastic) work there are a few other pretty fair MK chars, like an Ermac by pneophen.

Thx for your answer on these 2 questions  :sugoi:
Will sure take a lot of work if Bleed gonna do some other mk chars.
He changed up the chars i played a lot.(all awesome though)
That ermac you spoke of sure was quite a nice add to the roster  ;D
Cant wait for a bloody ermac
#68  November 21, 2011, 12:43:02 am
  • Rawr!
sorry if i'm bumping an old thread here its been 30days since it last reply.. but

gabe bro.. yet again u never cease to amaze me .. excellent work on ur models greatly detailed.. with that amount of work i see u put into a hobby i can just imagine how excellent if u put all ur time into it.. great work looking forward to seeing more.
#69  November 21, 2011, 01:29:34 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
More than likely, he won't read that.
Tell him that here.