YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 3067019 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#1061  June 17, 2011, 05:41:59 pm

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#1062  June 17, 2011, 06:30:06 pm
  • Steal your toesnails at midnight
Cvs Hwaorang (working in Progress
Coding-0%)
Spriting-1%
Aiming for a Pots Style
#1063  June 18, 2011, 01:46:02 am
  • Always in control, I patrol my hood.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/mugenfan556

It's been a minute since I've sprited anything larger than an NGPC sprite.
C&C's plz.

EDIT: Updated

Spoiler: PSN (click to see content)
[/center]
Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:00:16 am by Jdplayer
#1064  June 18, 2011, 08:12:57 pm
  • find your own way
hello there,I've been looking through this thread for the first time,I enjoyed it and got through it real fast with fascination.
Some of you guys got amazing skills and talent!it would be so cool to see some completed characters with some of the sprite edits shown here.

here's my highlights:

@DGO

absolutelely beautiful!my favorite sprite edits on this thread.Haggar has always been the best char to me since the first final fight.have you made some more edits for this char?

@Hien

wow!this looks so great!especially for an edit that just took 10 minutes to create!congrats on this work.wish I could se more about it.this alternate costume is my favorite in SF4.

@titiln

everything showed on this spritesheet is pure genius,it shows you are a very good multipurpose artist who is not afraid of attempting varied different graphic styles and challenging edits.

@diepod

I've always dreamed of seeing a classic old school Cody edit.I just don't like his prisoner outfit at all.what I'm seeing there is amazing,like a dream come true.Hope you won't give up on this because it very good.

@Zombie Sagat

:o my main interest in the mugen community and where I get the most involved is in the blacksheep MK MUGEN departement,but I'm not only closed to this fighting game series as you can see by this post,I played the classic street fighter II,SFA and CVS to death!I just like fighting games,in general.but I'm getting away from the main message I wanted to say;your MK sprite edits in CVS style are beautiful.they tottally sink down and put shadow on Binho's edits.and I'm not only talking about the one I linked up below as an example,all the one you displayed on this thread (should we say topic instead  :???:) looks awesome to me!so keep up your work in this style because you are very good!And if you take requests (about MK chars edited in CVS style) I've got one for you that would really make me happy.

there is a lot of other edits I seen that definitively caught my attention but my post is already getting pretty long as it goes and I'm sorry about that.

sadly I can't contribute to this great sprite edit sharing topic because I never attempted to edit in CVS style.but seeing all this really makes me want to try it!

oh and on a final note,is there anyone that would be kind enough to let me know about good advices and techniques to accurately resize sprites with proper aspect ratio and good quality outside of MUGEN?I'm aking because a lot of poeple here seems experienced and to master the process very well,and I'll need to make it for a char I'm actually working on.

thanks for reading me,
Simpli
Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:58:12 pm by SimpliBand
#1065  June 18, 2011, 09:58:58 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
@Simpliband Which one did you wanna see in CvS?Nightwolf? Stryker? Kabal maybe?
#1066  June 18, 2011, 10:36:51 pm
    • Mexico
hello there,I've been looking through this thread for the first time,I enjoyed it and got through it real fast with fascination.
Some of you guys got amazing skills and talent!it would be so cool to see some completed characters with some of the sprite edits shown here.
@titiln

everything showed on this spritesheet is pure genius,it shows you are a very good multipurpose artist who is not afraid of attempting varied different graphic styles and challenging edits.

that sheet is mine

http://armentis.deviantart.com/

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/100/8/4/sf_by_armentis-d33etqq.png
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:58:27 pm by zero de armentis
#1067  June 18, 2011, 10:48:40 pm
he got confused and thought it was mine
#1068  June 19, 2011, 10:50:18 pm

Chun-Li's father ( [Detective] Dorai Li) unfinished, just wanted to ask about the proportions. Does the size match CVS`?
#1069  June 20, 2011, 07:39:59 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Wanted to post this here, too, since it fits the criteria. Originally posted in the Sprite Yourself thread. It's of a more realistic me in my wrestling gear (not the super skinny Snow that I wish I was in real life).

Used Clark as a base for the stance, but it's all drawn by me. I included my paunch, but added a tan, apparently.

Pic of me in said gear in the spoiler:

I hope you make a full character out of yourself. It seems too good to pass up. The thunder leg drop must live on!
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#1070  June 20, 2011, 05:59:31 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
I must second this. Capcom Vs. The World Sean Altly ftw!
#1071  June 20, 2011, 06:58:19 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
ugh
#1072  June 20, 2011, 07:50:43 pm
    • USA
CPS3 based palette and normal CVS palette

#1073  June 20, 2011, 08:33:01 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Colors for the second = excellent, though the mouth could stand some more outline around it (dark skin pixels) so that it doesn't blend in with the lightest shade on the skin.
#1074  June 20, 2011, 09:16:38 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

Download Last Bout now!
#1075  June 20, 2011, 09:22:15 pm
probably "ftw"
#1076  June 20, 2011, 09:46:42 pm
  • SNK is life
Full chara Sean, yes please. Also, lighter skin
#1077  June 21, 2011, 03:15:55 am
Wanted to post this here, too, since it fits the criteria. Originally posted in the Sprite Yourself thread. It's of a more realistic me in my wrestling gear (not the super skinny Snow that I wish I was in real life).

Used Clark as a base for the stance, but it's all drawn by me. I included my paunch, but added a tan, apparently.

Pic of me in said gear in the spoiler:

It looks cutted on the edges, specially in the pants. Also he doesn't have muscle definition.
#1078  June 21, 2011, 03:37:52 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
You should read the whole post and you'd see why he doesn't have muscle definition.

Download Last Bout now!
#1079  June 21, 2011, 04:11:29 am
Then it isn't a cvs sprite. Or it's a female character? That's the only characters that doesn't use muscle definition IIRC. What about the pants? You missed that point.

#1080  June 21, 2011, 04:23:35 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Are you messing with me right now? Muscle definition doesn't determine CVS style, colors, proportions, light source and shading style do. The second sprite is the normal sprite doubled in size so you can see the details better, jaggedness happens when you do that since it's pixel art. The normal size sprite doesn't look jagged. It's definitely CVS-style. The sprite has been in this thread for two pages, I think someone would have pointed it out by now if it wasn't, thanks. And the "female character" line was a pointless and unnecessary insult, since if you read the whole post, you know it's supposed to be a sprite of me. You might not want to go around insulting people like that when you've made a grand total of 5 posts here.

Download Last Bout now!