YesNoOk

Every stage from Tekken 2 and SFEX Plus Alpha news (Read 29419 times)

Started by Tamez, October 06, 2014, 07:05:43 am
Share this topic:
Every stage from Tekken 2 and SFEX Plus Alpha news
#1  October 06, 2014, 07:05:43 am
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
TL;DR version:  For those of you who haven't seen my thread at GLB's new forum, I'm making the rest of the stages from Tekken 2 for PS1, pictures at the bottom. 

So some of you may remember four years ago I released every stage from Tekken 2, which ended up being from the bootleg SNES version of the game. 
After the positive reaction the to that release, I ended up doing a custom version of the PS1 version of Kazuya's stage since many people wanted it (including me after remembering how the only other previously released version was made). 

Kazuya's stage was easy though since it was only really a floor.  I hit a wall with the other stages since their background files were annoyingly setup, and I just didn't end up making them. 

A few weeks ago, GLB mentioned that Toaster was working on ripping stuff from Tekken 1, and I told him that they had already been ripped.  Then GLB said Toaster was working on ripping stuff from Tekken 2.  So later on I told GLB, essentially, "I'll help you make Devil Kazuya's stage if you get Toaster to work on getting me Prototype Jack's stage rips since I love P.Jack long time." 

I was too excited at the prospect of a P.Jack stage, so again I started messing with ripping it myself.  I described the process in GLB's Devil Kazuya stage release:   
Just to give people out there an idea of how tedious this can be, essentially stages can be around 200 images, but not always individual images. 
For example, take a look at this ripped image, noticing the red section I boxed: 

This single image has 32 sections like the one in the red box.  Each section has its own palette.  So you have to rip it 32 times, separating out the parts that don't work from the ones that do.  In the above example ONLY the section in the red box is right. 

Once you get it arranged you come up with the image below...

So this project is currently at a file count of 4,431 files in 173 folders for 816MB. 
I'm still working on the floors, but I wanted to show the progress since DW is getting antsy about the Baek stage.   :P

Hopefully these should be done at the end of the month, if I can pull off Lei's animated parallax by then. 

So here's pics of all the backgrounds in the game.  Note, photobucket shrank the wide ones. 

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:47:35 pm by Tamez
Re: Every stage from Tekken 2... again?
#2  October 06, 2014, 08:31:26 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Oh that is so nice!
Can´t wait!  :thumbsup:

DW

#3  October 06, 2014, 05:27:34 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Lol, I'm just j/k'ing with ya man. It's not the same, but, I would never try to rush anyone or impose on them. Looking fwd to all of these. They're all looking great. I tried to roll with the bootleg ones, but the only one I can kinda vibe with is Baek's stage. Especially now seeing the ripped BGs. C'mon! How could those possibly live up to these stages?! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread and progress. Good luck with everything and work faster! :whip:
#4  October 06, 2014, 06:00:59 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Jesus. This brings back memories of playing the shit out of Tekken 2 on my PlayStation back in the day. King's and Yoshimitsu's stages still look awesome. And with each image I look at, I hear it's BGM playing in my head. Nice job man. Mugen needs more Tekken love and I can't wait to see how these end up turning out. Just make sure to include either an option or a second variant with "walls" or bounds for these since they originally scrolled indefinitely. Mugen has some strange issues with characters that feature moves utilizing a corner (like impaling attacks and whatnot).

I also forgot that Paul's stage featured the twin towers. :(
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#5  October 06, 2014, 06:08:53 pm
  • Nori
    • somecomputersomewhere@yahoo.com
You sir have some serious patience.
(Links down for the SNES versions you linked to, btw.)
#6  October 06, 2014, 06:25:01 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
with each image I look at, I hear it's BGM playing in my head. Nice job man.

This. Actually, I was listening to T2- OST shortly before opening the guild few minutes ago :D!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#7  October 06, 2014, 06:59:58 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Ah, Monument Valley, my favorite Tekken stage. I hope you do that first!

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#8  October 06, 2014, 07:26:53 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I remember fighting Armor King in the desert with that theme playing....it still sends chills down my spine....
#9  October 06, 2014, 07:50:00 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html

THIS

I remember fighting Armor King in the desert with that theme playing....it still sends chills down my spine....

And THIS

Man, Tekken 2 has so many good memories. The only game that usurped it was 3, and I played Tekken 2 from launch day all the way to the launch day of Tekken 3. My Yoshimitsu stats were completely ridiculous with 1,000+ uses and about 30% of total character play. I still think I have my memory card with all of my old data somewhere. I also remember unlocking all of the extras like Wireframe Mode and all of the display options, like showing your wins with fruit or letting a character stand idle long enough until a bubble with their thoughts popped on screen. I think that was fruit too. Fuck it, I'm playing all of my Tekkens when I get home from work later. :doom:

Seeing how great these stages look, it would be even cooler if someone made a Tekken 2 Screenpack. While we already have a great Tekken 3 release, a Tekken 2 release would please a lot of us. One could dream, right??

Lastly, are these going to be released as a pack?? This is merely the excitement asking. ;)

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#10  October 07, 2014, 01:11:27 am
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
Oh that is so nice!
Can´t wait!  :thumbsup:

Thanks.   :thumbsup:

Lol, I'm just j/k'ing with ya man.
Good luck with everything and work faster! :whip:

Heh, I know. 
The floors are between 6-12 images each, with a majority of the stages being 8, and I'm going to try and get the same size image for them all to try and make the parallax code universal, to speed up that part of it.  Well universal for everyone except Lei.  :doom:

You sir have some serious patience.
(Links down for the SNES versions you linked to, btw.)

That's hilarious to me because that link has been working for years despite being sendspace, because people have periodically been downloading it.  Actually I just tried it and it worked for me. 
Anyway, all my previously released work is hosted in the site in my profile: 
http://tamez.smeenet.org/

Actually, I was listening to T2- OST shortly before opening the guild few minutes ago :D!!

The arcade version or the PS1 version? 
I was trying to get a hold of the arcade version so that I could include them in the release to use with WinMugen's random music feature, but I haven't been able to get a set that wasn't ripped from YouTube.   :sad3:

I prefer Tekken 1's Monument Valley.  Dat sunset.   :o
Same song though! 

Just make sure to include either an option or a second variant with "walls" or bounds for these since they originally scrolled indefinitely. Mugen has some strange issues with characters that feature moves utilizing a corner (like impaling attacks and whatnot).
My Yoshimitsu stats were completely ridiculous with 1,000+ uses and about 30% of total character play.

Lastly, are these going to be released as a pack?? This is merely the excitement asking. ;)

The plan right now is to have low-res WinMugen, hi-res WinMugen plus, 1.1 with zoom and no bounds, and 1.1 with no zoom and bounded versions.  That might change once coding starts. 

I had a 1,000+ use Kazuya in Tekken 2.   :sugoi:
And yeah, all one pack, save for Devil Kazuya/Angel's stage since GLB just did that. 
#11  October 07, 2014, 01:52:16 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
You are the fucking man. I can't wait to get my hands on this. Seriously. :lugoi:

I also think the Mishimas ranked high in my stats. Excellent taste good sir.

#12  October 07, 2014, 04:24:12 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
So much love for classic Tekken, great work Tamez.
Heihachi, Lee and Yoshimitsu are still my favorites.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#13  October 07, 2014, 07:08:00 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
You're having an issue obtaining music?? Shadowhaxor.net was always my go-to when it came to gaming soundtracks. About 90% of all of my OST mp3s came from there. Give it a shot. It's awesome.

#14  October 07, 2014, 12:50:28 pm
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
I forgot about that place. 
Back in the day I just got my stuff from Galbadia since it was easier.  I didn't like the idea of having to make an account for Shadowhaxor. 
#15  October 07, 2014, 01:19:23 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
While I agree at first, it's free and it's known for higher quality (kbps) selections than Galbadia. Lots of solid collections too.

Damn... I haven't visited Galbadia in ages. Those two sites are responsible for pretty much all of the music I have

#16  October 07, 2014, 01:59:26 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Its been the same but the last time I checked I think the something wrong there the soundtrack aren't downloading properly there
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#17  October 07, 2014, 04:09:11 pm
    • UK
You can use this program called jPSXdec to get the music from Tekken 2.

Been using that to get my music from other games on the PS1 and it works wonders.
#18  October 07, 2014, 06:38:30 pm
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
it's free

I know.  Was just the principle of the thing before. 

Its been the same but the last time I checked I think the something wrong there the soundtrack aren't downloading properly there

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the site got taken over by someone who left the shell up without content so they could get ad revenue from visitors. 

You can use this program called jPSXdec to get the music from Tekken 2.

Been using that to get my music from other games on the PS1 and it works wonders.

Thanks, but I do have the PS1 soundtrack already, it's the arcade version (Namco Game Sound Express Vol.26) that I'm missing. 

Oh another thing about the rips.  Once I'm done, I'll be releasing all the arranged originals in case anyone wants to use them for EF-12. 
Re: Every stage from Tekken 2 and SFEX Plus Alpha news
#19  October 11, 2014, 02:46:59 pm
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
I now know how to get SFEX Plus Alpha PS1 rips. 

PS1 stage I most wanted to make all these years: 

See that flag? 

Rip from the game is a mess, right?

Works just like Tekken 2, except HARDER since I can't use PSicture and have to find the colors MANUALLY.   :???:

So yeah, SFEX stages, sometime next year.  Maybe. 

Tekken 2 stages still on the schedule for the end of the month. 

DW

Re: Every stage from Tekken 2 and SFEX Plus Alpha news
#20  October 11, 2014, 03:58:46 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
O_O

Now I can never leave you alone. Though, I won't be as "antsy" as you put it about the EX stages. As I do like the bootleg ones you did. Well Ken's, Hokuto's, and Skullo's(needs leaves/cherry blossoms/confetti). They were done pretty well overall by the bootleg guys or w/e they want to be called.

Bootleg Tekken stages ain't cutting it though mang, smh. I promise I won't say nothing about the EX stages till next year. EARLY next year. Like me at your doorstep when the New Year's Eve ball drops early. Though in all seriousness, that's awesome news. I'll be keeping an eye out on progress, so don't forget about thread! >:[ One last thing:

Tekken 2 stages still on the schedule for the end of the month. 

*insert overused M.Bison "YES"! clip here*