YesNoOk

Rise of Incarnates (original Arena Brawler by Bandai Namco) (Read 4926 times)

Started by Niitris, April 22, 2014, 01:07:04 pm
Share this topic:
Rise of Incarnates (original Arena Brawler by Bandai Namco)
#1  April 22, 2014, 01:07:04 pm
Namco is working on a new IP and it comes in the form of a F2P arena-brawling game.

Lazy cut and paste from SRK:

Shoryuken said:
After dabbling in the market with Tekken Revolution and Soulcalibur: Lost Swords, Bandai Namco Games is set to launch an original free-to-play title for PC later this year. Rise of Incarnates, an arena brawler in the same vein as Anarchy Reigns, is currently being developed by team members behind the company’s most popular fighting franchises.

While very little is known about the gameplay at this point in time outside of a 2-on-2 concept, the trailer and press release below shed some light on what players can expect to find in this interesting title.

Rise of Incarnates is set to launch on PC sometime in late 2014. We’ll be sure to keep you updated as more details become available but, for now, feel free to check out the title’s official website for more information on signing up for the alpha test, a few of the characters, and the story they will take part in.

New IPs ftw. Certainly looks interesting.
Re: Rise of Incarnates (original Arena Brawler by Bandai Namco)
#2  April 22, 2014, 05:34:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
guilty gear isuka by harada and the tekken/soulcalibur/gundam team. PC exclusive as of now, I think that means it will skip ps3 and xbox 360 and will be exclusive for wiiu/ps4/xbox one.
#3  April 22, 2014, 06:10:23 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
this looks a lot like exvs, hope it turns out alright.
#4  April 24, 2014, 02:54:50 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Oh, hey. Didn't see this thread.

I look forward to whatever they plan on doing with this. The limited gameplay reminds me of Anarchy Reigns. A little bit of a Psychic Force 2012 vibe going on, too. The last time the SC and Tekken teams got together for a new IP, Urban Reign was born to much love from me and zero notice from almost everyone else. Same thing will probably happen with this. I really hope it takes off, though, because everything I just mentioned makes me reeeeally want it to be good. Plus, a Bamco F2P that isn't just a bunch of old assets is refreshing. On the other hand, Bamco and F2P have a bit of a rocky history.

So... hopeful, but skeptical. Mostly the first.

Posted: April 24, 2014, 02:57:11 pm
Plus, grim reaper Dr. Wily, fake Paul Phoenix with Devil Trigger/Dragon Install, stand user, and.... chick with guns.
#5  April 24, 2014, 04:05:08 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
Actually, gameplay reminds me of Dissidia Final Fantasy.
The Dragon is here!
#6  April 24, 2014, 04:27:25 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
hmm this looks pretty damn cool

The last time the SC and Tekken teams got together for a new IP, Urban Reign was born to much love from me and zero notice from almost everyone else. Same thing will probably happen with this

Yeah man i totally agree. I still have that Urban Reign game. TOTAL SLEEPER HIT. i'm still baffled why it went under the radar like that. It seemed like Fists of Vengeance by capcom (which was out at the same time) got way more notice and it was actually the weaker contender imo^^

This game looks great. Looks like a way better version of Psychic force and this other game that was on Xbox G1 (forgot the game)
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:02:42 pm by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#7  April 24, 2014, 07:01:11 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
There's word out there that this will play like the Gundam VS games.
#8  April 24, 2014, 07:18:54 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
this other game that was on Xbox G1 (forgot the game)
If you're talking about Phantom Dust, I can see it in the aesthetics. The way the backgrounds are rendered, the camera tracking, something. I thought about that too. Not that it'll play anything like it, but whatevs. Of course, I love that game beyond words and want to make as many comparisons to it as possible, it seems. And if that's not the game you're thinking of, I apologize. :P /offtopic
#9  April 24, 2014, 07:23:49 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
this other game that was on Xbox G1 (forgot the game)
If you're talking about Phantom Dust, I can see it in the aesthetics. The way the backgrounds are rendered, the camera tracking, something. I thought about that too. Not that it'll play anything like it, but whatevs. Of course, I love that game beyond words and want to make as many comparisons to it as possible, it seems. And if that's not the game you're thinking of, I apologize. :P /offtopic

YUP thats exactly game i was talking about :laugh2: lol Thanks for reminding me of the name! I used to have it on my old modded G1 xbox before it burned out. it was a cool game. strange but cool. I liked it better than Psychic Force. i wished there was a PD 2. i thought it was though.

But yeah this game looks damn cool
#10  April 24, 2014, 07:28:02 pm
There's word out there that this will play like the Gundam VS games.

Yeah, most people believe that this game was made to make a game similar to Gundam VS but in a form that they'll actually localize (since they'll probably never bring that series outside of Japan).
#11  August 08, 2014, 09:33:35 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa