YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1029974 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#461  April 23, 2014, 05:59:34 am
  • For honor!
Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play
-----------------------------------------------------
The mortal kombat's are the most half-assed in emulation as load times are casually dispersed and there's strange sound inaccuracies like the block sound playing instead of the fall sound. However the games including the mortal kombats are still satisfyingly playable and the code to switch the games to their original aspect ratio is a great touch.
Iroha stripped for me
#462  April 24, 2014, 02:13:55 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
PC version, right?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#463  April 24, 2014, 04:47:48 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Dark Souls

Dat rape from those skeletons were a trip for me.....

I kept the game but its a love hate thing. Just totally unfair enemy difficulty. Ive played a lot of tough tough games but this one is just foul. Im a sucker for dark mid evil games with Giant dragons and demons in it (like the Kings field series on PS1-PS2 etc) so i love the whole entire atmosphere of the game and the music and its great. The games challenge of not letting you re load entirely what you used and lost in battle at the last save pisses me off and the advantages certain weak looking enemies have (like the skeletons) are ridiculous.

For those that never played the game ill explain one situation: I got a bunch of items. saved my game just before i went to take on the boss beast. Normal tactic all of us RPG regs use. I use my items on em. He kicks my ass, i die. "I say ok let me re load and try again from my save point with my goodies ;D". NOPE  o_O. I was left with the speckles of items i had left. The game doesnt let you save traditionally like that. You have to really watch what you use and run from most small battles at times because if you die then thats it. Plus theres a lot times that will happen because the enemies are crazy strong. Its worse when you ventured hella far out. So Its like one of those old one hit kill NES game back in the day if you know what i mean haha

I love it and hate that shit smh haha....
#464  April 24, 2014, 04:51:53 pm
  • SNK is life
One day I'll try my luck at that fabulous game for masochists.
#465  April 24, 2014, 04:54:44 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
It's great, but it can be make you break things if you have a short temper.

Would also recommend Demon's souls if you have a PS3.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#466  April 24, 2014, 04:58:00 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
speaking of games that are for masochists, i tried playing chakan the forever man again today

i don't think i've ever had such a hard time making any sort of progress as i have in this game. not even running from level to level to get potions is working out very well
#467  April 24, 2014, 05:23:37 pm
    • USA

Mannnn. be prepared lol It looks great but wow that difficulty can piss you off at times. you just sigh, smh and just cut the game off after a while haha

It's great, but it can be make you break things if you have a short temper.

Would also recommend Demon's souls if you have a PS3.

Yeah i played that when it first came out. A friend of mine had it. I didnt have a PS3 at the time but i was a huge fan of Kings field series so it sucked me in immediately from the atmosphere. And yeah man i have sort of a short fuse so thats why i stopped playing Dark souls for a very long time. I like it and hate it. same way i feel about Dead Rising 1
#468  April 24, 2014, 06:06:33 pm
  • SNK is life
same way i feel about Dead Rising 1
Damn, you took the words right out of my mouth - I was just about to compare this experience to how I tackled Dead Rising 1.

At first I was like "How THE FUCK is one supposed to win at this game?" ... but I never let that baby go until I made it my bitch. The secret to success when playing that game was being mentally prepared to fail every step of the way, and just learn from my mistakes. It was kind of an experiment for me, to detach myself from the frustration of losing.

I think that's what I'll do with this one.

#469  April 24, 2014, 06:51:37 pm
    • USA
same way i feel about Dead Rising 1
Damn, you took the words right out of my mouth - I was just about to compare this experience to how I tackled Dead Rising 1.

At first I was like "How THE FUCK is one supposed to win at this game?" ... but I never let that baby go until I made it my bitch. The secret to success when playing that game was being mentally prepared to fail every step of the way, and just learn from my mistakes. It was kind of an experiment for me, to detach myself from the frustration of losing.

I think that's what I'll do with this one.

LOL yeah exactly man same here. That's why i didn't get rid of those two games yet. I try to put in my mind after a while that its a hard ass game anyway so it doesn't annoy me as much so can concentrate better progressing. i used to always end DR1 game a lot with a lot of survivors. I had like 21 survivors er so before at one time but that meant nothing because i kept screwing up on all the cases to be open and kept getting the poor usual incomplete story ending. last time i stopped playing was at Case 7-1. I got to master saving people but still sucked at getting to all cases so i started taking my time doing case missions right. Its tough saving survivors AND getting to certain missions in time AND beating the Psychos you have to deal with to progress along the real story haha.

Dark souls and that game are one in the same with that kind of challenge where you have to really be careful how you make decisions playing the game. Only thing is Dark Souls gets an evil +1 :devil: For not letting you save what you have used in items even after the save point.

I found myself restarting the game a good 4 times because of that in the beginning.
#470  April 24, 2014, 11:04:22 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain

I would suggest you wait until they remove the GFWL crap it has. They said they will do this some time in the future.
#471  April 24, 2014, 11:57:09 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Or just don't play it on PC.

#472  April 25, 2014, 12:08:05 am
  • SNK is life
Demon's Souls is PS3 only right? I got one of those.

So the order is Demon's Souls -> Dark Souls -> Dark Souls 2 ?

Besides its difficulty, is there any other thing that makes these games stand out? Do they have like OMG GUREITO graphics or something?
#473  April 25, 2014, 12:16:56 am
    • USA
Yes all those games in that order. And yeah i think Demon souls is still a PS3 exclusive The games graphics are great. About as cool as Skyrims i guess and bio shock how the shine of the textures are at times. The Monsters are huge. mini bosses to super bosses. Titanic bosses. haha im still stuck in this area with this MEGA huge Crow above just sittin there studying me. game is weird man. The enemies are smart as fuck too so dont think youre gonna out run em all the time down and around a corner somewhere and the enemy dont follow you. Some enemies at random dont turn back no matter how big they are and they will stalk you down into the next cave if they feel like it lol Thats another annoying challenge about it. I got violated crazy times like that in those caves

game is cool man. Demon souls was cool but the other ones are the step up in graphics from that. Youll like the graphics
Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:33:17 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#474  April 25, 2014, 12:21:37 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Well imo.

Good atmosphere, generally good (if rather simple) combat, loads of interesting backstory that is not showed in your face at all, very open ended, interesting online component and generally really great character and environment design. The games are not exactly the most polished titles, but the actual substance of the game makes up for that.

#475  April 25, 2014, 01:29:20 am
    • Portugal
Ranging Blades

At first I liked the fact that this game "embraced" clichés, you got the knight, you got the bulky warrior, etc..., two hours latter into the game, you just mash the attack button, even the bosses require nothing more then to simply mash the attack button and ocasionaly dodge their attacks
#476  April 29, 2014, 02:41:11 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Demon Gaze

Had Etrian Odyssey expectations, and I was a fool for having them for this game. Allow me to simplify the game for you

Non Boss Gameplay:
- Go to Dungeon.
- Set Chronos for protection for floor damage.
- Find all circles and make them yours.
- Fight an easy boss after half the circles have been taken.
- Once all circles have been taken, beat the boss.

Boss Gameplay:
- Enter with alternate order if boss alters it, so it is corrected with Paladin in front.
- Enter with Force Hit, Dodge.
- Make sure to set a Force Guard, aka protection from opponent cancelling your buffs.
- Set Neptune's insane regeneration skill.
- Set Divine Armor to all party member.
- Kill all the minions the boss spam, until it no longer summons them.
- Kill the boss (this may take longer if the boss regenerates health, which the 4-10 demon bosses).

Repeat this goddman pattern ten times, get sick of it after the 4th one. Seriously, the only thing you can possibly enjoy is the unique events every time you beat a demon boss. The rest of the game is repetitive as hell. Dungeons are too similar, with minor changes. Bosses use similar patterns, with minor changes. Now it's time for final boss, but I'm so little motivated right now that I will probably attempt it next week.
#477  May 09, 2014, 08:45:33 am
  • Nothing is impossible if you believe
    • Philippines
    • tier-1.co/madlax
Dragon Age 2

The game has good graphics and I like the Single Player Party RPG Gameplay, the reason I stop playing is because there's no GAME+ mode which you go back to the beginning with your current character level. Instead it's just stop at Hawke's Estate. Although I like the last battle against the Night Commander. They should have made a Game+ Mode.
#478  May 10, 2014, 04:03:18 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Killzone: Shadowfall

I've been trying to finish this game for 6 months, but I just can't do it. To its credit, the graphics, shooting mechanics and sound design are amazing. The level and encounter design, however, is absolutely horrid. Especially that free falling bullshit. It's such a shame too, since all the fundamentals of a good game are already there.
#479  May 10, 2014, 08:20:14 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Dragon Age 2

The game has good graphics and I like the Single Player Party RPG Gameplay, the reason I stop playing is because there's no GAME+ mode which you go back to the beginning with your current character level. Instead it's just stop at Hawke's Estate. Although I like the last battle against the Night Commander. They should have made a Game+ Mode.

to me Dragon Age 2 never happened, I refuse to accept its existence as a successor of DA: Origins - Awakening
graphic, story, depth, gameplay, world size, DA2 was horrible compared to Origins, I couldn't stand the idea going to the deep roads for the second time in DA2, boring like hell.

when DA: Origins felt like finely crafted RPG with meticulous storylines that feels like japanese rpg quality, DA2 felt like a bootlegged offline version of some generic free to play online RPG, but can only be played offline.
#480  May 10, 2014, 08:32:42 am
  • Nothing is impossible if you believe
    • Philippines
    • tier-1.co/madlax
to me Dragon Age 2 never happened, I refuse to accept its existence as a successor of DA: Origins - Awakening
graphic, story, depth, gameplay, world size, DA2 was horrible compared to Origins, I couldn't stand the idea going to the deep roads for the second time in DA2, boring like hell.
Sorry to say that I never played DA-Origins, and... We have different likes in gaming.