YesNoOk

Star Wars Thread: The Rise of running out of witty titles (Read 471822 times)

Started by Roman55, October 30, 2012, 09:02:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#21  November 01, 2012, 01:29:33 am
next disney will buy greece. 4.05 billion not a bad deal imo.
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#22  November 01, 2012, 02:05:38 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
AJS made a video describing the consequences of this, and he makes some good points. Here's the video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU7v_Ju3djI[/youtube]
Bad Nanashi, bad! No Pissed Jose Angry Joe!
#23  November 01, 2012, 02:28:17 am
i tried to watch that fucking retard but because of his general stupidity, bad gimmick, motivational images and a fucking family guy clip i stopped
#24  November 01, 2012, 03:06:12 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
God. Dammit. As long as Lucas isn't allowed to touch the main story anymore, then I'm good.

I'll only fully backing this if anything taking place after Episode VI is adapted directly from the Extended Universe.
#25  November 01, 2012, 04:40:58 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Hopefully this doesn't hamper the Star Wars fan community. Otherwise Stars Wars Revisited is gonna go up in flames :'(
#26  November 01, 2012, 05:01:08 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
God. Dammit. As long as Lucas isn't allowed to touch the main story anymore, then I'm good.

I'll only fully backing this if anything taking place after Episode VI is adapted directly from the Extended Universe.
Rumor has it that they are gonna make it so far into the future that it won't screw with the current continuity (ie. The Extended U).
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#27  November 01, 2012, 05:07:57 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
SO it's going to be present day.
#28  November 01, 2012, 05:39:36 am
    • Puerto Rico
I read online that the story of the new star wars will pick up 39 or 40 years into the future after return of the jedi with luke in his sixies passing on his knowledge to another genration but it's basiced on fantime line of the other movies like here's a link to a starwars wikia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sequel_trilogy but hopefully if they do that it follows the comics story will anakin and luke's descendants
#29  November 02, 2012, 03:12:53 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-deal-george-lucas-will-384947
By the end of the year, the $4.05 billion sale of Lucasfilm to Disney should be finalized. And since George Lucas owns 100 percent of his company - which has little to no debt - all that money goes to him. After that, Lucas plans to quickly put the bulk of the money into a foundation which will primarily focus on educational issues, a spokesperson for Lucasfilm tells THR. "George Lucas has expressed his intention, in the event the deal closes, to donate the majority of the proceeds to his philanthropic endeavors."
    "For 41 years, the majority of my time and money has been put into the company," Lucas said in a statement Wednesday. "As I start a new chapter in my life, it is gratifying that I have the opportunity to devote more time and resources to philanthropy."

The spokesperson noted that this "announcement continues a commitment that Lucas made in 2010 to The Giving Pledge where he stated, "I am dedicating the majority of my wealth to improving education. It is the key to the survival of the human race. We have to plan for our collective future--and the first step begins with social, emotional, and intellectual tools we provide to our children. As humans, our greatest tool for survival is our ability to think and to adapt--as educators, storytellers, and communicators our responsibility is to continue to do so.'"
i guess we can now take back anything bad we ever said about george lucas
#30  November 02, 2012, 04:02:35 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Hopefully this doesn't hamper the Star Wars fan community. Otherwise Stars Wars Revisited is gonna go up in flames :'(

http://swrevisited.wordpress.com/ said:
Here’s what Adywan had to say on Facebook:

It is a dark time for Star Wars fan editors and will most likely be the end of the revisited saga………

As you have probably heard , Disney have purchased Lucasfilm and the complete Star Wars franchise. Disney are well known for not taking kindly to anyone touching anything they own. So i expect a cease and desist notice any time soon. Hopefully this will not be the case, but it looms a lot closer than when George owned the franchise. This news couldn’t have come at a worse time as i am nowhere near finishing the house or even being able to start the workroom thanks to my finances running out due to extra work i have had to do. With Christmas coming up along with the new arrival of my gorgeous grandson on the 27th October, there is no way i can restart work on ESB:R until after Xmas when i have paid off a few of the bills. I’m now preying that the bad news doesn’t come my way at any time in the near future, hopefully never.

So i think we may now need to prepare for some bad news 

Let me (doubleofive) reiterate that we have not heard from any lawyers, and there are existing fan edits of other Disney franchises (Pirates, Marvel) that are available, so it’s not all doom and gloom just yet. We doubt Disney will take Lucas’ apparent lack of caring point of view on fan edits, but I’m sure they’ll be so focused on NEW ways to get your money that they won’t notice the non-existent loss fan edits cause.

Also, it’s possible they may restore and release the original theatrical cuts that Lucas refused to do just to placate us older fans! Personally, I’m not looking forward to the expansions of the Saga, maybe not having Lucas directly in charge will help (see Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan), maybe it will hinder. We just don’t know at this point.

We will just keep working until we hear otherwise.

Nothing yet but looks like they're preparing in the event it does.
#31  November 08, 2012, 04:39:07 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Does Lucas' statement about using his wealth to help improve education mean he's going to build a Jedi Academy?!
#32  November 09, 2012, 12:30:50 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
AJS made a video describing the consequences of this, and he makes some good points. Here's the video:

This geek sounds like hes got a hard on, Jesus chill the fuck out bro!
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#33  November 09, 2012, 12:52:53 am
  • You don't know enehthin.
You know, i'm sure there are some fans that are worried that they are going to ruin the franchise with this move. But c'mon guys. Disney doesn't make bad movies. There's no way it can get any worse than it has already.
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#34  November 09, 2012, 01:24:17 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

This geek sounds like hes got a hard on, Jesus chill the fuck out bro!
It's Angry Joe's persona. I don't get why he calls himself Angry Joe if he keeps orgasming on-screen over games/this. Well except for his response to getting shut down at that Spike video game awards show.
#35  November 13, 2012, 03:58:12 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
ICONIC space villain Darth Vader is to be brought back from the dead for a new trilogy of Star Wars films.

Following news that Disney has bought the rights to the lucrative sci-fi franchise and plans to make at least three more movies, industry insiders say the evil Vader will grace the big screen again.

“He’s an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible,” explains a film mole.   “The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357610/Darth-Vader-to-be-resurrected

:wall:

So much for Disney saving the franchise.
#36  November 13, 2012, 04:29:29 am
why would you believe that
#37  November 13, 2012, 05:41:12 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
My reaction in a nutshell

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:47:03 am by JMO

SNT

#38  November 13, 2012, 05:43:25 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia

Or the new trilogy could just be Episode 3.25, 3.5, 3.75.
Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:53:11 am by SNT
#39  November 13, 2012, 06:01:38 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
the fucking link said:
Fellow old favourites Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia – played by Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher – have already been tipped to reprise their respective roles.

While Vader seemingly met his end in the 1983 film The Return Of The Jedi it seems this will not stop his comeback.

“This is science fiction remember,” we’re told. “Darth Vader will rise from the ashes.”

So much for that theory, SNT

SNT

#40  November 13, 2012, 06:09:25 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Spinsters sometimes use language like that to guarantee headlines.  Vader rising from the ashes could just refer to him coming back to movie screens, not necessarily coming back to life in an Episode 7.  Or at least I hope it doesn't mean that, it doesn't make any sense at all.  Even if Vader was alive, he'd come to peace with himself, he'd effectively renounced Sith.