YesNoOk

One Piece (Read 190302 times)

Started by Foobs, September 04, 2017, 06:29:15 pm
Share this topic:
Re: One Piece
#41  November 03, 2017, 03:04:31 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
^ Welcome to One Piece, where everything’s made up and the rules don’t matter.
#42  November 03, 2017, 03:32:16 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Is it really breaking the rules, though?.

Awakened paramecias can turn their surroundings into strings/mochi/whatever, why couldn't they do the same to weaponry?
#43  November 03, 2017, 05:04:22 pm
    • USA
I mean, it’s he’s using it to transform his entire body into something else, regenerate body parts, and shapeshift at will, which has always been classified as a logia-type ability until now.

:EDIT:  So looked into it a little bit more and it looks like logia specifically refers to powers relating to intangible elements or natural substances like fire, smoke, light, etc.  So I guess it's not technically breaking the rules since mochi doesn't fit that criteria.
Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 06:06:22 pm by Person Man
#44  November 24, 2017, 07:50:07 pm
    • USA
This last chapter is giving me a theory about what's about to go down in the battle on Cacao Island.  Specifically, that one panel where it cuts away from all the action to Carrot and Chopper the Sunny just to have her remark about it being a full moon.  Back in the Zou arc the full moon was mentioned a couple of times in relation to the Mink tribe - Wanda remarked that they were 'lucky' that the full moon was covered by clouds at one point, and Inurashi implied that if Jack and his army had shown up during a full moon that they'd have been completely wiped out.

I think Carrot's about to get some kind of insane power-up going into the final battle.  Most likely, she's going to finish what Pedro started and take down Perospero.

Also:  Someone really should start keeping a "Brulee owned count" like TFS does for Krillin.
Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:44:08 pm by Person Man
#45  November 24, 2017, 08:35:10 pm
i sure hope that doesn't happen. i would be bummed to see a crazy powerful villain who restrained germa 66 all by himself to be done in by a bland character.

but things are getting interesting with luffy, he seems to be getting the hang of the observation haki. still tho, i don't how he's gonna defeat someone with both an awakened df and stronger armament haki.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:25:57 am by Gennos
#46  November 24, 2017, 09:07:56 pm
    • USA
#47  November 25, 2017, 03:02:39 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Knowing Oda, it'll probably be something completely stupid instead of a straight power up.
#48  November 25, 2017, 03:32:29 am
    • USA
It will absolutely be both of those things.  Some kinda feral beast mink rage mode, I'm guessing.  And then Bropper has to go into Monster Point to snap her out of it because she's going to kill everyone.
#49  November 25, 2017, 04:46:44 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Here's how I think it'll play out:

1. Carrot seemingly transforms into a bestial form.
2. Chapter ends abruptly.
3. Next chapter shows Carrot with extra fluffy hair, nobody takes her seriously.
4. The fluffy hair actually strengthens her electro.
#50  November 25, 2017, 09:34:08 am
i mean its possible she'll become stronger... but its probably won't be a berserker mode like Person man is describing it (i hate that trope btw).
she'll probably assist nami in defeating perospero, although i would like to see nami defeat him by herself. she deserves a bit of spotlight after an underwhelming post time skip presence.
#51  November 25, 2017, 01:56:52 pm
    • USA
Whatever it is, we can make a few educated guesses based on what has been said so far (which admittedly isn't much):

Carrot's comment tells us that it's something that affects Minks and not just Zou in general, since she brings it up when she's nowhere near Zunisha.
Inurashi's comment tells us that whatever happens grants them immense strength.  Like, "easily wipe out Kaido's first mate" strength.
Wanda's comment tells us that despite this, the Minks don't like what the full moon does to them, and will avoid it whenever possible.

With all that in mind, some kind of feral transformation that gives them huge power and a loss of self-control seems to fit the bill.  Admittedly, I'd like to see something else too since it's not exactly the most clever or original trope, but it does fit with what we know so far.

1. Carrot seemingly transforms into a bestial form.
2. Chapter ends abruptly.
3. Next chapter shows Carrot with extra fluffy hair, nobody takes her seriously.
4. The fluffy hair actually strengthens her electro.

It's all just static electricity stored in their fur.  You thought that was just a fluffy bunny tail, but it's actually an Electro power pack. 

Oh gods, I was just joking but now that I write it out that is definitely something Oda would come up with...
#52  November 27, 2017, 02:15:06 pm
i wish i care enough.
the minks are the most uninteresting race oda has introduced in one piece imo. almost every piece of media has anthropomorphic characters, its a very unoriginal gimmick, especially if it isn't used to explore something more interesting (much like how fishmen were used for a racism theme).
i don't know about you guys but to me they seem like an attempt at fan service solely.
#53  November 27, 2017, 05:36:08 pm
    • Netherlands
Oda just really likes drawing animals
#54  November 27, 2017, 05:41:38 pm
    • USA
Don’t know what to tell you, I guess.  This series already has mermaids, robots, angels, zombies, giants, people who are 20 feet tall but somehow don’t count as giants, an entire country populated by transvestites, and magic fruit that makes you shoot confetti out of your butt.  Seems weird to suddenly draw the line at furries.
Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:08:21 pm by Person Man
#55  November 27, 2017, 05:56:50 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
i wish i care enough.
the minks are the most uninteresting race oda has introduced in one piece imo. almost every piece of media has anthropomorphic characters, its a very unoriginal gimmick, especially if it isn't used to explore something more interesting (much like how fishmen were used for a racism theme).
i don't know about you guys but to me they seem like an attempt at fan service solely.

So the amazons and mermaids aren't unoriginal and fanservice now? And anthro animals have been a thing in the series since the zoans were introduced with Chopper but it's now suddenly an idea only made for fanservice because they made an entire race of them? That statement also implies that the entire race is made up of sexy men and women but unless you are a furry then none of the male minks come even close to being shown as fanservice. Also only two female minks were prominent characters (there's that nurse Chopper had a crush on but who cares).
#56  November 27, 2017, 06:31:59 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
i wish i care enough.
Fishmen were pretty underdeveloped for years. Before Fishman Island explained their society, their biology and their relationship with mermen and humans, fishmen were just a handful of weirdos whose only extraordinary qualities were having gills and being 10x stronger than humans.

I'm pretty sure Oda has something interesting planned for the Minks. Specially since they're apparently connected to everything plot-relevant on the long run (poneglyphs, the voice of all things, Roger pirates).
#57  December 02, 2017, 03:07:43 am
    • USA
Dammit Bege, stop being so badass!  This whole arc is your fault in the first place!  You're not supposed to be the cool guy!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#58  December 02, 2017, 04:17:43 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Back when the supernovas were introduced, I didn't care for any of them. Okay, Drake having a t-rex zoan was pretty cool, but still.

Seeing how Oda fleshed out Bege and Law, I'm really pumped for the eventual Kidd-Hawkins-Heart Pirates-Fire Tank Pirates (maybe)-SH alliance versus X-Drake, Apoo and Kaido's crew. It'd also be cool if Oda finally showed why Bonney was so important for the WG. I mean, it's been years and we still haven't heard jack shit about why she's so valuable.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who fucking loves that scene were both Pudding and Vito fangasm over Sanji lifting the cake with his leg.
#59  December 03, 2017, 12:55:39 am
    • USA
Yeah, the general fanboying over Sanji was pretty great all around.

According to Oda, before they make it to Wano the next arc after WCI is going to be the Reverie.  Meaning we're not going to see Zoro again for another year and a half.  I'm hoping that whatever's going on with Bonney will be brought up then. 
#60  December 08, 2017, 05:51:52 pm
so carrot transformed, that was... something. given how oda treats his female characters, i honestly never expected her to be this powerful.

anyways, i really don't like how oda tries to cover multiple subplots in one chapter, it makes for a really frustrating weekly read. i would really prefer to have more focused chapters.