YesNoOk

Spritesheet Expansion Thread (Read 1534710 times)

Started by Graphicus, September 18, 2011, 07:17:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Spritesheet Expansion Thread
#201  July 22, 2013, 03:42:25 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
hmmm, didn't know that could happen... Also, that crouching light kick for Mika is an improved existing animation, not a new move.

Yeah, I noticed that a few minutes later when I looked at her GBA fullsheet (couldn't find a regular one that didn't need to be downloaded), but again... I haven't been able to update the initial post since...

EDIT: Can I put each section in its own individual post? I mean, if I were to edit the first post so that it had the explanation of what the thread is for, then create three posts with one section each, would a moderator be able to move those to the first page, so they show up consecutively (despite their posted date)?

Assuming that was the problem in the first place...
Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:21:14 pm by Graphicus
#202  July 23, 2013, 10:48:09 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
EDIT: Can I put each section in its own individual post? I mean, if I were to edit the first post so that it had the explanation of what the thread is for, then create three posts with one section each, would a moderator be able to move those to the first page, so they show up consecutively (despite their posted date)?
Mods can't do that, I don't think admins can do that (but I'm not sure), but Valodim would probably be able to. Maybe.
#203  July 23, 2013, 07:03:13 pm
    • Argentina
I'm just suggesting that in case it is a character limit issue... it might not be, so the effort might be pointless.
#204  July 24, 2013, 02:07:56 am
    • USA
Well, it's easy enough to repurpose old posts of yours from the recycle bin and add them to the front. It's probably something to do with the number of images, but I think Valodim is the only persob who'd know for sure.
#205  July 25, 2013, 05:23:54 am
i ask to use the street fighter zero ryu and ken sprites i make naraku ryu and ken now these are good sprites
#206  July 25, 2013, 05:31:08 am
    • USA
So I'll just go ahead and perform some dark arts and resurrect some of your old posts, clean them out, and add them to the front page of this thread, sound good?
#207  July 25, 2013, 02:55:04 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#208  July 25, 2013, 07:54:34 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
yeah, credit the authors... or we will kill you
Spriting is hard.
#209  July 25, 2013, 09:42:07 pm
    • Argentina
So I'll just go ahead and perform some dark arts and resurrect some of your old posts, clean them out, and add them to the front page of this thread, sound good?

Well... I can PM you the entire text that makes up the first post in this thread. If you can replace that with what I'm sending you, that would be great :)

I also PM'd Valodim the other day, but I haven't heard from him yet.
#210  July 26, 2013, 01:07:09 am
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Graphicus could you make a cvs sprites, pleaaase
#211  July 26, 2013, 04:44:35 am
    • Argentina
Graphicus could you make a cvs sprites, pleaaase

This is a thread where anybody can submit custom animations for existing spritesheets that they've created, not a place to request them.

Furthermore, I'm not the creator of most of the animations submitted. I also do not know how to shade in CVS-style, so no... I can't help you.
#212  July 26, 2013, 09:53:01 am
    • USA
Well... I can PM you the entire text that makes up the first post in this thread. If you can replace that with what I'm sending you, that would be great :)
It'll be your posts, so if you ever need to change something in the future, you can do it easily.
#213  July 27, 2013, 01:32:23 am
    • Argentina
All done! Thanks Jmorphman! Check the first post everyone.
Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 02:59:52 am by Graphicus
#214  July 27, 2013, 08:43:32 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the guy who posted this said it was debug/dump data, meaning unused animations.

#215  July 29, 2013, 03:34:11 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Sweet, moar bewbs
#216  August 08, 2013, 02:59:32 am
    • Argentina
Do you guys think a request section would be too much for this thread?

As in... people can ask for those one or two (at most) remaining animations that will help them make their character complete-able. Most people usually do this in their own project threads, but maybe doing that here would give it even more visibility.

Of course, they shouldn't ask for a ridiculous amount of work, and should clearly demonstrate all the work that has already gone into the character so that whoever volunteers to do it knows that the time invested will be worth it (i.e. finish most of the character first before asking for this animation. Don't say you'll start after it gets done). Also, the animation must be open for anyone to use, since that's the point of this thread.

What do you think?
#217  August 08, 2013, 06:00:45 am
    • USA
It could get pretty bloated, with unfufilled requests crowding out everything else. Or maybe it won't? I dunno.

Real Bout styled TNT Punch for CvS Joe
Made by Graphicus, Jmorphman, Balthazar, and CVSNB.

Will try to dig up some more animations I've slightly edited and then called a new one.

Posted: August 08, 2013, 07:47:27 am

SFIII style Kikoken for CvS Chun-Li
made by PotS and Jmorphman

Shock sprites for CvS Chun-Li
made by Jmorphman

one of the SFIII intros/taunt for CvS Ken
made by the_mith, CVSNB, and Jmorphman

Cannibal Corpse startup for CvS Vice
made by Judas, Jmorphman, and Rolento
Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:48:46 am by Jmorphman
#218  August 08, 2013, 12:45:26 pm
Do you guys think a request section would be too much for this thread?

Wasn't there a Commission topic in the Graphics section?
And there's also the Development Resource board, so they can choose one or the other.
#219  August 09, 2013, 12:52:08 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It could get pretty bloated, with unfufilled requests crowding out everything else. Or maybe it won't? I dunno.

maybe a separated topic for those, then any fulfilled requests get reposted there ?
#220  August 09, 2013, 01:04:54 am
    • Argentina
I'm not talking about commissions, though. People can already pay for stuff even if it won't lead to anything getting created. I'm talking about a place where people who are 90-99% done with their characters can ask for that one remaining animation they need to finish their characters.

I'm talking about a place where people can show their good will by saying "Hey, here's my work... I'm almost done, but I just need this one thing to make it complete. I know I'm asking for something for free, but I have proof that this will go towards an amazing project".

It's all within the context of expanding existing sheets, though... like I mentioned earlier, this is not valid for requesting Original Spritesheet/Character work.

I agree that maybe having people make requests directly in this thread might be messy... we could maybe agree that people will PM me and I'll add it to a spoilered request section in the first page. And then once someone submits that work, I remove it from the request list and add the sprite to the corresponding section?