YesNoOk

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project  (Read 1274647 times)

Started by Xenomic, April 27, 2008, 12:56:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which format do you prefer for the project to take?

Current format (aka do whatever character and then release packs after set amount of time)
24 (31.6%)
Suggested format (aka focus on one character and then release sprites after finished)
52 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project
#1381  December 03, 2022, 02:32:14 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com

Yeah, he made some POTS-styled SF1 characters. I'm not sure if you can still find Geki, but Mike and Lee can be found in the Mugen 1.0 releases.

About the ideas, I definitely don't mind reading them, but I won't make any promises that I'll actually make them. :sweatdrop:
#1382  December 03, 2022, 02:37:19 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Right, right. So, came across this for Menat (I see there's only the one by Chucoryu), whether or not you think it may fit, up to you~

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also a challenge for you, is to try to take Shin Akuma's and Ingrid's Midnight Bliss from CFJ and giving it a full animation~

And lastly, I have no image for THIS one, but this 3rd one is more of a challenge. See what you can come up with that'd be even more fitting for Nakoruru than what POTS has~
#1383  December 03, 2022, 02:39:16 am
    • Argentina
Some more MB sprites inspired by Rabano's recent SF1 releases.

Mike
Lee
Geki

HOLY Those looks amazing!!!!1

Oh, were there SF1 releases? Didn't even realize that lol. I'm actually curious, I may have some ideas for you to try, if you're up for it (and assuming the characters themselves were made, since I'm not sure if they're made or not)~

Yeah I made those, Mike isn't too good of a character to be honest, but Im proud of how Lee and Geki turned out. but you have to find Geki in MA, I'll upload him here later.
#1384  December 11, 2022, 08:19:17 pm
    • USA
So, was thinking about this a while ago, and instead of that for Menat, which probably fits, I think a more "fitting" one would be something more akin to Skullgirls' Eliza for Menat's Midnight Bliss~ Didn't realize how similar the two looked, and probably be more fun to do that for her~
#1385  January 15, 2023, 06:25:24 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com

First of all, sorry for not picking up any of your suggestions. I just prefer to work on characters I have in my roster, where I can instantly see the sprites in-game.
That said, here are some more MB sprites I made for fun.

Palettes are optimized for Q and Terry Bogard by KarmaChameleon

Palette is optimized for Chang Koehan by Falcon Rapper

Palette is optimized for Rolento by Jmorphman
#1386  January 15, 2023, 06:31:37 pm
    • USA
No worries, no worries~ They are, after all, just suggestions~

Never thought I'd see anything for Q, gotta say that lol. I dunno why, but maybe it's because I did all the Guilty Gear games, it reminds me of those guys from Sign lol. The Terry one looks really clean, feels a lot better than the one they had in SVC Chaos for sure! And the Chang one is really nice too! Wouldn't mind seeing that one fully fleshed out! I forgot that that one was from KOFAS, wonder what else they have there now since it's been a looooong time since I last looked at the image. x_x
#1387  January 22, 2023, 01:07:19 am
  • Happy release for you all!
    • Argentina
    • www.andresborghi.com.ar
Hi! sorry for the interruption but can't seem to find this.
I need to know which is the best standar for midnnight bliss right now for mugen/ikemen and where to find the specific data on sprite numbers and such. it's cause my char animus has an alternative fatal which uses thos sprites if the enemy has them.
thanks!

Little John from the big castle, plays with little friend,
snip! snip! snip! off goes his head, bright red! bright red!
#1388  January 22, 2023, 01:09:09 am
    • USA
#1389  January 22, 2023, 01:41:44 am
  • Happy release for you all!
    • Argentina
    • www.andresborghi.com.ar
thanks a lot!
looks like all my chars were already adapted to this method so, great.

Little John from the big castle, plays with little friend,
snip! snip! snip! off goes his head, bright red! bright red!
#1390  January 22, 2023, 05:29:45 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I would also recommend 99020/99021/99022, because they offer a ton of freedom in how the whole animation will play out!
Vampire Savior style - 99020, 99021, 99022
These animation standards are specifically patterned on Vampire Savior, and are designed to offer maximum flexibility to the character being transformed, allowing them to determine how they should animate (as opposed to Demitri dictating how they animate, which is how most of Midnight Bliss standards work). This is a brand new standard invented by me, and is (so far) exclusively used by my Demitri. Start using it!!! >:[

The standard is broken up into three animations:

Animation number: 99020
The character stands on the ground, often (but not always) reacting to their transformation in some way; this is sometimes a multi-sprite animation, like in the case of Felicia above, but in other cases, the character might just stand completely still. This animation can be any length, but only 47 ticks will be displayed before the character switches to the next animation in sequence.

Animation number: 99021
The character is held by their neck (or possibly some other body part; Felicia is held by her tail, e.g.) and drained of their blood. Typically consists of a single frame while the character is being held up, but before Demitri starts draining their blood, and then the rest of the animation consists of a few being drained frames that are looped and play for the rest of the animation. The animation (or sprite) axis must be centered on the location on the character's body that you want them to be held up by; otherwise, things will be displayed incorrectly. From the small amount of characters I've tested in Vampire Savior, there doesn't seem to be any set time period for when the character starts reacting to having their blood be drained; however, it's generally 39 ticks or in that general ballpark, so if you're not sure how long to have the first frame displayed, use that. This animation is displayed for a total of 93 ticks, but as with the previous animation, it's OK to exceed that length.

Animation number: 99022
The character, still being held up by their neck, completely drained of blood, looking like a desiccated corpse. Much like the previous animation, the axis must be located at the character's neck. This typically consists only of a single frame, but this standard supports animations of any length. The total amount of time this is displayed is only 18 ticks, however.

#1391  February 24, 2023, 01:09:00 am
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
So, I did sprites for when Mario and Luigi are hit by Johnny Cage's Nut Punch

References used: SMW Death sprite and M&L shocked sprite

Also a preview of Midnight Bliss for Strength from Magical Drop III

"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 04:46:21 am by Ganbare-Lucifer
#1392  March 09, 2023, 05:48:57 am
    • USA
Luigi seems like he's taking it the worst of the two lol. I forgot that was even a state in MUGEN period.

Also, interesting Midnight Bliss there. Don't know the character, but it looks like a nice Bliss.
#1393  March 11, 2023, 03:51:39 am
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
Luigi seems like he's taking it the worst of the two lol. I forgot that was even a state in MUGEN period.

Also, interesting Midnight Bliss there. Don't know the character, but it looks like a nice Bliss.

It's this character, which is from Magical Drop.

And the Midnight Bliss references Tiger Lily Cookie from Cookie Run
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#1394  March 25, 2023, 09:00:10 am
  • Ourena isaguru Kenna
    • www.youtube.com/user/VanyaRS

Maybe a weird idea, I wanted to try my luck making sprites for the girls and Arcana Heart being victims of attacks like Zabel's Hell Dunk or Tomoka's moves where she turns her opponents into basketballs

#1395  March 25, 2023, 12:21:13 pm
    • USA
Honestly interesting to see, given it's not done much~ Wouldn't mind seeing you try the rest at all!
#1396  February 27, 2024, 09:28:46 am
  • ¡Good!
Perhaps you guys can help me;

I have managed to create a 'Sangue' animation for a Cammy I am working on:

But I have tried it with a Jedah char I have, and instead of staying in the last animation briefly before 'exploding', it does it in the first frame.

Perhaps I did something wrong, or maybe I have a 'Bad' Jedah.

Here is the animation code:

Any advice would be appreciated.  :bjugoi:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being Cammy, the most correct thing would be that instead of the chest it was the butt.