YesNoOk

Supreme Sagat BETA 2.1 FIX 15 December NEW PAG.14 T.THRUSTS+ COUNTER SUPER (Read 337590 times)

Started by M206, June 26, 2017, 05:49:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Sagat by M206 NEW SHURA KNEE COMBO VIDEO PAG.3
#61  September 17, 2017, 01:20:34 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I say it add's flava to your version. Keep the stance as you like, yet giving your fan's the option on which set to fight with.
#62  September 17, 2017, 05:07:30 am
still loving the new stance and new moves, all the additions so far are helping and making him very fun to play with...if you were to go with a old stance it should look like the one from street fighter two (where he is semi hunched over), but I think keeping the old one is just the same as his alpha more or less and boring...I like that you are  making your sagat your own

or just change the stance according to amount of life or power bar
Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:11:06 am by warecus
#63  September 17, 2017, 05:34:42 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#64  September 18, 2017, 12:33:23 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
The new stance has grown on me actually. Kind of like rap music. I hate it at first but the more I listen to it the more it grows on me.
#65  September 18, 2017, 09:07:33 am
I say it add's flava to your version. Keep the stance as you like, yet giving your fan's the option on which set to fight with.

thanks. ;) i'm still unsure about what to do.. ;)

I like the old stance better because its true to the character of Sagat, and plus the old stance makes him look more focused and less open to attacks. The new stance is too similar to Joe for my liking I prefer it be more like Bruce's stance from Tekken than Joe's stance.

yes, the new one is more open to attack, but still it's the defence stance in muay thai.. while the old one is attack stance.. or something like that..

still loving the new stance and new moves, all the additions so far are helping and making him very fun to play with...if you were to go with a old stance it should look like the one from street fighter two (where he is semi hunched over), but I think keeping the old one is just the same as his alpha more or less and boring...I like that you are  making your sagat your own

or just change the stance according to amount of life or power bar

this could be a great idea too, but i think it's hard for me to code.. :(

The new stance has grown on me actually. Kind of like rap music. I hate it at first but the more I listen to it the more it grows on me.

:D :D :D

here you are a new knee combo, inspired by WH Shura..

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Ym7fYRyx75o[/youtube]

what do you think?? :)

I think the animation looks kinda stiff and unnatural.

thanks for your feedback, are you referring to timings or to sprites??

I'm referring to the sprites.

ok, let see if i could improve them in some way..

in the meanwhile, to make happy everyone, what do you thikn about a mix of the 2 stances??

of course a lot of fixes are needed, just curious to see if you like the idea. ;)

a small comparison video:

not sure about the result.. :/ :/
Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:57:17 am by M206
#66  September 18, 2017, 12:06:04 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
I like the result

have you tried with a constant transition (open/closed guard?) = with a fluent alt. of the 2 stances?
#67  September 18, 2017, 01:18:00 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, indeed...
By itself it looks pretty stupid. But what about something like Gen's Polistyle? Like "Press 3 Punch buttons in "Closed Guard" style to changed it into "Open Guard" style, and 3 kicks for the opposite"? It would be kinda hard to create, and also then it could request some more brainstorming about "How every style should play", but if an idea would succeed- it would be quite great.
#68  September 19, 2017, 04:52:44 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
I love the stance mixing M206! The timing needs to be slowed between the transition though. It changes too fast in the video. Maybe 2 or 3 full seconds before Sagat switches to the old stance animation. Nowadays in fighters (Street fighter V for example) characters switch stances in idle a lot so its a nice attention to detail. I appreciate small details like that. It really helps your Sagat stand out more.
Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:11:10 am by HolyMercenaryT
#69  September 19, 2017, 10:05:07 am
Well, indeed...
By itself it looks pretty stupid. But what about something like Gen's Polistyle? Like "Press 3 Punch buttons in "Closed Guard" style to changed it into "Open Guard" style, and 3 kicks for the opposite"? It would be kinda hard to create, and also then it could request some more brainstorming about "How every style should play", but if an idea would succeed- it would be quite great.

thanks for your opinion.. even if i don't think it's "stupid" anyway.. :( the idea about something like gen 2style it's too hard for me to code, then as you say i really wouldn't know how to set the moves for each style. so i think i'll not go in this direction at all. ;)

I love the stance mixing M206! The timing needs to be slowed between the transition though. It changes too fast in the video. Maybe 2 or 3 full seconds before Sagat switches to the old stance animation. Nowadays in fighters (Street fighter V for example) characters switch stances in idle a lot so its a nice attention to detail. I appreciate small details like that. It really helps your Sagat stand out more.

thanks. :) i've never played sfV, so i didn't knew this detail.

anyway a little improvement, sprites and timing:

i like this one more than the previous one. ;)
#70  September 19, 2017, 10:29:52 am
Pretty tight
#71  September 19, 2017, 10:31:53 am
is this an appreciation or a critic?  :???:
#72  September 19, 2017, 11:54:27 am
it means super cool
#73  September 20, 2017, 07:52:13 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
I cant see the latest improvement image or video M206. I only see the youtube vid from 9/18. Maybe its just my computer.
#74  September 20, 2017, 10:45:46 am
#75  September 21, 2017, 11:20:57 am
new guard SCV style, i've added 2 sprites, redrawn the 2 standard one, fixed the timings.

now it resamble the SVC mode.

i love the result:

:)
Re: Sagat by M206 NEW SVC STYLE GUARD VIDEO PAG.4
#76  September 21, 2017, 11:35:39 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Maaaan... I'm just clapping! These stances and block are SO GOOD!
But I suggest you use his CLOSE GUARD stance first, and THEN to make him open his guard.
#77  September 21, 2017, 11:55:09 am
Lookin awesome and I agree with trolo
#78  September 21, 2017, 09:00:03 pm
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Beautiful work so far M206.  ;D I imagine Sagat would move like this in a new street fighter.
#79  September 22, 2017, 12:00:35 am
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I just tried out this Sagat and holy shit thank you thank you thank you. I have wanted a Sagat that felt like this for so many years. Finally someone made one that really goes crazy with new ideas instead of the same 4 specials and hypers!

The old stance looks great but the new video with the stance switching also looks great. I'm a huge fan of this character and eagerly looking forward to the next update. It even has Tekken style combos. Those are the best.

I'm very happy right now.

(P.S: I can't see the images you post either, just the videos)
#80  September 22, 2017, 01:09:41 am
I have seen some heavyweight boxsers use a stance like that. Not a great picture but he uses it to make use of his reach and jab.

I really cant find a good picture of it but it looks like Sagat's one. Good job on the stance
Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:12:54 am by PeXXeR