YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1082359 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (inspired)
#661  November 05, 2015, 06:13:18 pm
  • Spriting takes so long! I'm decent at it though!
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
Now, I only color separated the feet, and edited them slightly.

@AugustAPC Yeah, I said so when I posted it. I color separated and did a minor edit. Also I changed the color shading some, because gohan's buu saga gi shoes don't have the lines like goku's do,  but I need the lines to show that the shoe is pointing toward the screen.
Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:33:24 pm by GOD984
#662  November 05, 2015, 06:57:12 pm
  • Not for sale
You haven't added anything, only removed things, which you were inconsistent about. You removed the lines on his left boot, but left one on his right boot. You've also gotten rid of some colors by mixing lines and parts of the sprites.
Color separation is about keeping the sprites the exact same, except for the colors.

@AugustAPC Yeah, I said so when I posted it. I color separated and did a minor edit. Also I changed the color shading some, because gohan's buu saga gi shoes don't have the lines like goku's do,  but I need the lines to show that the shoe is pointing toward the screen.

You don't need a line down the middle of something to show it's facing forward. Also, proper color separation allows for the manipulation of a sprite without actually changing any of its features.
Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:00:41 pm by AugustAPC
#663  November 05, 2015, 07:25:34 pm
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
I understand what color separation means. Also how else would I show the shoe is face forward?
#664  November 05, 2015, 07:40:34 pm
  • Not for sale
Then you should understand your edit is not a color separation... and a shoe facing forward is not contingent on having a line down the middle. Removing that line will change none of its perspective.
Anyway, I've said all I can really say. If you're looking to create a sheet just based on changing Gohan's shoes, you need to do so strictly by separating the colors, otherwise it'll take much longer and be far less versatile in terms of palettes in the future.
Good luck.
#665  November 05, 2015, 07:55:01 pm
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
Thanks, also I guess your right about that perspective thing.
#666  November 05, 2015, 08:32:19 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
It's great that you seem to be a big Z2 fan, but changing an entire character's spritesheet's shoes
seems like a terrible waste of time for anyone, it's most likely not going to be used by us,
I advice you to not bother with it and see if you can create something actually worthwhile.

Piccolo could use more fallen demon enemy sprites, if you want to help us then see if you can whip up anything for that, tiger!  :picco:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/graphic-contest-piccolo-beatdown-intro-169813.0.html
#667  November 05, 2015, 09:15:23 pm
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
It's great that you seem to be a big Z2 fan, but changing an entire character's spritesheet's shoes
seems like a terrible waste of time for anyone, it's most likely not going to be used by us,
I advice you to not bother with it and see if you can create something actually worthwhile.

Piccolo could use more fallen demon enemy sprites, if you want to help us then see if you can whip up anything for that, tiger!  :picco:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/graphic-contest-piccolo-beatdown-intro-169813.0.html

Thx for the invitation, but my weakness as a semi pixel artist is that I need a base of some sort, currently I'm working on some of Armentis Kid Buu's sprite, and that's helping me learn Z2 style better.
Also this is meant in no offense, but I really didn't care if the Z2 team used it : ), just I know a few people who would really love piccolo's gi on gohan, or his buu saga gi.
#668  November 06, 2015, 10:54:49 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Guys he's not trying to colour seperate Gohan's shoes, he's trying to make them look like they do in Buu saga before he goes Mystic/Ultimate. It's the same reason Chamat got rid of the undershirt in the first place.

Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#669  November 07, 2015, 04:50:48 pm
    • Portugal
#670  November 07, 2015, 05:45:11 pm
    • Canada
Not bad! This may help you:

Admittedly my fix is rushed, but the main problem I could see was that it needed to be rotated slightly.
#671  November 08, 2015, 12:20:25 am
    • Portugal
Not bad! This may help you:

Admittedly my fix is rushed, but the main problem I could see was that it needed to be rotated slightly.

Thanks!

I used yours as a reference to fix mine
#672  November 08, 2015, 02:44:59 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico

But you are going to use Chamat's version, right?
#673  November 08, 2015, 04:06:59 am
    • Mexico
>>>>>>>>>
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#674  November 08, 2015, 04:51:27 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Wow, you dramatically upped your game zero. :O
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#675  November 09, 2015, 01:49:52 am

Demigra Z2. My first real crack at the Z2 style. I might make a project out of it, IDK, maybe you could message me if you want to make this a thing  :neutral:
#676  November 11, 2015, 12:55:53 am
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com

But you are going to use Chamat's version, right?

yes, I will be using chamat's version, I'm just editing the sprites. Although Right now I'm editing Yzan's Bardock to be more Z2 compatible (adding Dash collision, chou Kamehameha fatality, would do Beam collision, but I don't think he has a beam to shoot from normally, plus haven't tried that one yet.)

Also nice looking BArdock Armentis! Although I must say, Armentis you seem all over the place when it come to spriting, kind of like me with my projects.
And for demigra, I don't know, his ears look funny, and his arms a little too.
#677  November 11, 2015, 01:14:24 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I think he was talking to Balthazar.

Shit
#678  November 11, 2015, 01:21:53 am
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
my mistake,  sorry, guess I should have turned on my brain for that one, I hate school, and especially how it makes your brain tired.
#679  November 11, 2015, 01:22:44 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Demigra Z2. My first real crack at the Z2 style. I might make a project out of it, IDK, maybe you could message me if you want to make this a thing  :neutral:

-Mixing two sprite styles is a HUGE NO-NO. I can easily tell right off the bat that you used Beerus' leg from Extreme Butoden, and  Vegeta Z2's hair.
-The staff is pillow-shaded, in addition to the head.
-The arms don't really feel like arms, more like...... blocks. Actually to be pretty honest, it's way too liney, there's absolutely no line breaking/anti-aliasing, which is yet another HUGE NO-NO you should avoid at all costs.
-The details (shirt stripes, headress, royal collar thingy on the neck) feel lifeless, try actually shading them, giving them antia-aliasing/line breaking on the outlines.

Overall, this really can't be considered a Z2 sprite, and I suggest you give it a makeover if you want people to actually consider joining your project.
This is a generic forum signature.
#680  November 11, 2015, 06:39:17 pm
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
Here is a sketch (made from complete scratch) of Kid Buu.

I mainly just need help shading it, and I can't tell where the light source is in Z2 sprites, at least never completely know.