YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1071521 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am

ZX2

Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread
#1141  April 13, 2017, 02:20:28 am
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
Sigh crap.... slept for 4 or 6 hours.... not good (But I did have a somewhat enjoyable dream).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Yeah I know it makes no F****** sense.

Guys, Does this look too bouncy for an idle anim? (Still gotta work on refinement, inbetweens, and shading)

*Wheezes*  :mlol: I"m sorry *giggling mid apology*

Also I finally found something to help me fix the folds on Kairia's baggy pants in the WIP revamped character portrait. expect an update within 20 minutes.
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:27:56 am by AlexSin

ZX2

#1142  April 13, 2017, 03:41:16 am
Here sorry for the double post, but heres the update as promised a little over 20 minutes I believe. (and my phone just cut off with all my incognito great =_=+)

Also did some work on her boots.
what do ya think?
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 04:24:15 am by ZX2
#1143  April 13, 2017, 07:32:45 am
Instead of posting "lol sleepy apology" "cellphone cut off" and all that off-topic that nobody cares or should care about, how about you remain on-topic and make your posts coherent?
Just saying "lol I wrote nonsense" after doing it (and after quoting a long post too, that you could have put into a spoiler) isn't helpful at all.
Think and proofread before posting.
Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:54:23 pm by AlexSin

lui

#1144  April 13, 2017, 10:07:26 am
    • USA

this guy was commissioned for me awhile ago, finally finished it.

tried to emulate balthazar's portrait shading as much as I could, hope it looks legit

ZX2

#1145  April 13, 2017, 11:18:50 am
Instead of posting "lol sleepy apology" "cellphone cut off" and all that off-topic that nobody cares or should care about, how about you remain on-topic and make your posts coerent?
Just saying "lol I wrote nonsense" after doing it (and after quoting a long post too, that you could have put into a spoiler) isn't helpful at all.
Think and proofread before posting.
Sigh Okay sorry for being slightly off topic. =_='

this guy was commissioned for me awhile ago, finally finished it.

tried to emulate balthazar's portrait shading as much as I could, hope it looks legit
It looks pretty cool to me, I also tried to emulate his portrait shading too when I was making the Neko Majin for Alpha.
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:41:51 am by ZX2
#1146  April 13, 2017, 03:39:50 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Pixelqted, how did you go from this    to this  ?
Bigger head, and ears. Cleaned up area around the collar.
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:19:30 pm by Alpha Proto

ZX2

#1147  April 13, 2017, 07:21:01 pm
you referring to the baggy pants? cause that's also one of my concerns, seems like he jumped a few steps far when trying to animate it. Of course it might just be a rough try, as he'll make it better.
I don't get it the first one looked fine :/ what exactly did you do when you made the second one Pixeltqed
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:31:10 pm by ZX2
#1148  April 13, 2017, 07:54:35 pm
I don't think Pixel was making a mistake in going for that effect, I think he just needs to study an example first. Ryu's stance in Street Fighter III also has his clothes noticeably "bouncing" off him, but it's more natural and subdued.

HQ

#1149  April 13, 2017, 08:27:58 pm
Alpha Proto - why are you afraid of movement?
The tail animation doesn't really work for me, but I just had time to make this quick edit:
Pls take a look what I did - as a rule of thumb, when he goes down and his knees push outwards his hip also need to actually move down

-->
#1150  April 13, 2017, 08:31:40 pm
  • Spriting takes so long! I'm decent at it though!
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
First off... dang never realized this thread was so active.
Two things,
1. GOD (lol.... sorry) I'd prefer going into the Fighter Factory, taking a look at the FarmerZ2's Character portrait should be easy to find.

I know it lacks some detail specifically on the shirt, and I'm aware the fingers might be lacking and that the boots look different it is the same size as the portraits in the Majin Build. I could take time to polish it up I mostly just wanted to get it out round the same time as the new build just to kind of show my love for Balthazar and the awesome guys behind Hyper DBZ.

Also those Neko Majin sprites are looking good :)
#1151  April 13, 2017, 08:42:26 pm
To be perfectly honest, about Pai Ku Han or Pikkon (however you want to call him), I can't see him standing like Ryu from Street Fighter.
First of all it seems too generic for him, second in all games he's in he stands upright or crouching a little and assuming a fighting stance only when starting his moves.
#1152  April 13, 2017, 09:03:59 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I try to inch forward. When I take things too far it is difficult for me to pull back.
That movement looks nice. Thanks for the tips.

I added your adjustments, eye brows, and made his shirt move more.
Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 06:21:25 am by Alpha Proto

ZX2

#1153  April 13, 2017, 09:18:41 pm
I don't think Pixel was making a mistake in going for that effect, I think he just needs to study an example first. Ryu's stance in Street Fighter III also has his clothes noticeably "bouncing" off him, but it's more natural and subdued.
Just what I was thinking. I actually see having raven's stance from tekken, but it probably wouldn't transition well to attack animations unless you'd like to go the extra steps of course (I would if I was step behind Bathlazar's level).

I try to inch forward. When I take things too far it is difficult for me to pull back.
That movement looks nice. Thanks for the tips.
I gotta say I'm sort of the same when it comes to the next steps in doing a project.
 --;

Also can you make Neko Majin's Ear twitch while in that crouch animation every short second or more? it'd look pretty Kawaii.
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:42:56 pm by ZX2
#1154  April 13, 2017, 10:08:51 pm
    • USA

That's kind of what I was going for, of course it didn't end up looking good. (possibly because i usually sprite without reference) But I will use a reference this time and hopefully it will look better.
#1155  April 13, 2017, 10:27:04 pm
It might also help if you draw the clothes later. Maybe do an outline of the body first and then draw the clothes afterward.
#1156  April 13, 2017, 10:39:48 pm
    • USA
that could also be a helpful possibility. thanks for the input :)
#1157  April 14, 2017, 03:31:47 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

How's this pose?

(left sprite by likiji123, and right one by Nico_18)
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:51:57 am by Hatter
#1158  April 14, 2017, 05:29:47 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
17 never stands like that in the show. It doesn't really suit him.
Also his forehead is pretty big in the show.
It's more like a fivehead.

lui

#1159  April 14, 2017, 05:55:11 am
    • USA
make the shoulders and overall structure less angular, that is a trademark of your style and nice it may be, the pointed angular physiques you tend to make in your own style clash heavily with the z2 style
#1160  April 14, 2017, 06:01:52 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com

I've been working on more stances! The bottom right one is the most recent - I've been pumping these out daily until I find something everyone can agree on that looks fine.
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast