YesNoOk

NoZ's WarZoNe Custom Portrait Thread (Read 886198 times)

Started by Saikoro, September 09, 2012, 07:09:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: NoZ's WarZoNe Custom Portrait Thread
#1181  January 29, 2013, 01:15:49 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Is that image indexed??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1182  January 29, 2013, 09:08:08 am
  • "A girl is folowing me..."
    • Croatia
@Saikoro: I don't know... maybe...

Can somone make Shadow the hedgehog portraits?>:(
big portrait
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
win quote portrait
lifebar portrait
                      The World Of Strider
#1183  January 29, 2013, 12:31:05 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#1184  January 30, 2013, 07:11:28 am
  • "A girl is folowing me..."
    • Croatia
                      The World Of Strider
#1185  January 30, 2013, 09:30:41 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
What's the deal everyone!? It has become rather quiet in here.

To spruce things up a bit, I'm really gunning to complete Thanos for tonight or tomorrow. I just want to get him done and over with. He has been aggravating me for too long now, and I'm not a quitter. :devilish:

Hopefully his release will stir up some victory screen magic: we need more of those portrait styles.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#1186  January 30, 2013, 09:44:26 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
I am slowly finishing my Snk pack... It's going to be an huge release with almost 200 portraits (big/win/lifebar).

#1187  January 30, 2013, 10:02:28 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Waiting your work, men! :D
#1188  January 31, 2013, 12:48:52 am
I'm waiting Garuda's portraits like Pizza after a smoke :)
#1189  January 31, 2013, 12:50:14 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
#1190  January 31, 2013, 02:11:02 am
No before:) I'm talking about the other kind of smoke:) Let's stop this trust me i know what i'm speaking:)

Garuda are you making a Maxima portrait also?
#1191  January 31, 2013, 07:01:28 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Oh my fucking GAWD this took a LOT of work. And I mean a LOT of work...

What you see here is the embodiment of plenty of very late nights, early mornings, and about 25 or so hours of total work. I honestly lost count because he may have taken 28 or so, but that's not the point. Thanos' Victory Screen Portrait, seen below, took a monumental amount of effort and patience. Some days I felt like throwing this goddamned laptop across the room. A few times, I thought about throwing my hands up and saying "Why should I be doing requests since they take away from personal time and personal time for projected projects??" I became stir crazy here and there. I also questioned why I fucking do all of this. But!! I'm not the quitting type, and I like to push hard.

And I genuinely love this shit.

So here you guys have it. FINALLY!! Thanos in all of his Victory Screen glory. Check his sexy-ass self out...

Literally EVERY SINGLE INCH of this image was touched up to the best possible quality I could muster with this pair of eyes and hands. I became a little obsessive and spent about two hours before posting this tidying up his pixels; a solid 6 hours were spent today alone. Split up, of course. The reasons why I don't dabble too much with larger sized images??

A: Artwork that has too much detail, since Mugen loses a lot of clarity once indexing is complete, is incredibly hard to clean up properly. This piece was a requested one that utilized a very sharp piece of comic art that was very large and crisp. And a lot of losiness came about. More on that in a moment.

B: With my obsessive pixel demeanor and crazy work ethic, images like this take a LOT of time. Not that I mind spending it, mind you, but the dedication required mixed in with my limited schedule is overly taxing. And that's putting it lightly. Yes, I woke up at 5am a few times before going to the gym, BEFORE work, just to work on him. If I was, say, 16 and had lots of free time.... Sure, I'd be cranking these out like a badass mofo. Time is scarce with my work schedule. That's one of the main reasons why I'm known for smaller sized images using simpler styles of art.

Now, I normally do not share work files, but I wanted to share with you exactly what was done with a side-by-side comparison. The Below image showcases what Thanos looks like before, on the left, and after, on the right. I did not lie when I said every inch of this image was touched up. And yes, those motherfucking skulls were an absolute BITCH to clean up. I hated working on those

I recommend you right click and save this image so you that can zoom in, compare, and take a look at his blue hues, the reflective white gradient on his head, the skull reflections on his chest and shoulder, the skulls reflecting on his knuckles, the color lines his wrist, and his fist. Yes, that's all done by hand, one click at a time with the zoom set to maximum. No filters either. I did the best possible job attempting to clean up all of those color lines, gradients, lossy pixels/colors and the essential "garbage pixels" indexing is notoriously known for. This is the one and only time I will share a before-and-after image. However, and again, I wanted to give you guys an idea as to what things look like after my treatment.

And..... fuck I need a break. Enjoy guys!! :devilish:

Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:19:39 am by Saikoro
#1192  January 31, 2013, 07:05:14 am
    • bunnaroath@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiroyaksha
It`s a rare Portrait . Amazing and hard to do that .Perhaps genius can do that.
Thank for hard work .
#1193  January 31, 2013, 09:22:45 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
:woeh:
#1194  January 31, 2013, 09:33:17 am
Dude this looks crazy good. You are scary:)
#1195  January 31, 2013, 04:11:33 pm
    • Canada
    • unstabler2012@gmail.com
    • www.mediafire.com/?7e103tuw8ozz8
So here you guys have it. FINALLY!! Thanos in all of his Victory Screen glory. Check his sexy-ass self out...

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums.  One is EXShadow.  The other is Saikoro.
#1196  January 31, 2013, 04:12:14 pm
    • Zimbabwe
You are a monster, Saikoro.
Your work is absolutely incredible, all the details are just perfects.

You're the best. AMAZING!!
#1197  January 31, 2013, 06:20:17 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
I've always said this about you Sai buddy.

You've got unrivaled dedication and an excellent eye for stray pixels.

Amazing job.

Now all we really need is someone to actually make a roster worthy Thanos.

*Cough*Hack*Koldskool*Hack*Cough*Sniff* ...Scuse me, I must've cought something at the workplace.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#1198  January 31, 2013, 06:56:20 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
;D

LOL I just woke up.

All of that hard work pays off: I'm genuinely honored by all of your comments. And for some reason, "dirty" looking images really bother me as I refuse to settle for less. I think I need a psych evaluation. LOL

Looking ahead, now that Thanos here is completed, WarZoNe will be getting some love for sure. I intend to make about two releases; perhaps a little more in the near future. And that will include all three formats. Right now, its a much deserved break. Starting Tuesday, work resumes on my Street Fighter 2 pack. Finally!!

Also, gimme a little time and I'll throw up a link for an actual download for Thanos. I've worked very hard, so I want to share the work.

Once again, I highly appreciate and value all of your praise. It really does fuel my effort to continue!!

#1199  January 31, 2013, 07:11:25 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Your work is colossal, this is normal.
Thanks for share the raw picture, i'll probablly learn a lot on it, and it will improve my skills.
Maybe 'ill release stuff on some days, but I'm very very busy. :(
#1200  January 31, 2013, 09:41:54 pm
Yes thx for those portraits, really amazing I'd rather do some by myself...but as i'm a bit newbie....is there a way to get a special tuto to create such kind of good looking images for mugen.

I've found some a long time ago, but everytime i've tried to do some ports there were always blurry or colorloss.

If some people would be so kind as to give me step by step the way to do some good portraits, i would be very happy and thanksfull, by creating some by myself and for community too!!!

Thx anyway, but waiting for a good tuto, if someone have time to do one.

;)