YesNoOk

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves (Read 301483 times)

Started by videoman, August 07, 2022, 11:04:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves
#61  August 11, 2023, 05:47:48 am
    • USA
I don't know, when they scrapped the characters for KoFXII, they didn't come back for any installment that came after, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were gone for good.

The MOTW2 roster had more work put into them than the KOF12 scrapped characters, for one. Xanadu was also planned for 94, but didn’t appear until 14. (There isn’t concept art of the 94-era Xanadu out there though)

So maybe there’s hope. Still, nobody else has discussed the possibility of FF-adjacent KoF originals like Shun’ei, Jhun Hoon, Malin, Meitenkun, etc. making it in.
#62  August 11, 2023, 04:36:02 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
...I am just hoping for the newcomers from the scrapped MotW 2 to show up in this game

...am I asking for too much?

I think that's a reasonable thing to ask for, honestly. I felt the same way when they did the initial reveal last year, especially since it was hot off all of the Garou 2 assets getting dumped online.

I did like the new trailer but at the same time I have the same worry as everyone else that they're just gonna dump all of the FF characters that were already in KoF into the game and call it a day. I wasn't as worried about this when they revealed that Andy and Joe were gonna be in somewhere (since they were in the aforementioned leaks) but all of the talk about Mai's voice really heightened it as I really would've wanted them to keep their promise about her not playing as big of a role due to her getting old (or something like that).

Billy, Andy and Joe (especially Andy) were shown to have new designs in the official art so we can be sure Mai and any other potential FF character coming from KoF will follow the same route.

Speaking of Mai, there is one XV mod that gives her a geisha kimono, would really like her to have a design like that in this game.
Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 07:40:13 pm by Magma MK-II
#63  August 11, 2023, 09:21:43 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Wait, really? I thought it had its own timeline. Well, lets hope they use this opportunity then. Its really a shame that Maximum Impact wasn't given any attention after Regulation A, not even in that mobile game.
It kinda does. MI is seperate from the main KOF timeline in that it follows more closely the FF timeline but otherwise does its own thing.
#64  August 11, 2023, 09:55:27 pm
It's set in Southtown as if it was an FF game, but everyone has their KoF age and not their FF age. What timeline difference is there between the two settings other than Geese being dead or not and Terry taking Rock away ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#65  August 21, 2023, 06:25:12 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#66  August 21, 2023, 07:42:29 pm
Has anyone else noticed that the logo for the game has 7 slashes… yet including this there are only 6 canon games, and far more than 7 total games. What does this mean? Is Dominated Mind now canon? Now I want a Dominated Mind UM with Rick, Li, and some more bonus stuff.

Well now
When you think of the Fatal Fury series, there are a lot of spin-off titles. There are six titles in the past that were kind of canon story titles, so this is going to be the seventh release. So there are actually seven claw marks in the logo. If you look closely, that's a little hint. That's all we can say.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#67  August 21, 2023, 08:29:03 pm
    • Brazil
So, I guess Dominated Mind is canon. I hope that increases White's changes of showing up.
#68  August 22, 2023, 02:16:34 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
disappointed they didnt go for something more stylized graphics-wise
#69  December 05, 2023, 07:22:48 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 02:19:14 pm by videoman
#70  January 12, 2024, 09:26:40 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
They can move to any location they want as long as they don't botch up the continuation of Fatal Fury.
#71  March 18, 2024, 01:56:55 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

After a tense Grand Finals at SNK World Cup, new trailers were also shown.

*New REV system allowing for special move chaining
*Hotaru and Tizoc/Griffin returns alongside newcomer, Preecha, who is using certain moves from Joe Higashi.
*English Dub confirmed
*Demo to be shown at EVO Japan
*Early 2025 release date
Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 03:55:57 pm by Kirishima
#72  March 18, 2024, 03:52:55 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
This is great. Preecha will be one of Joe's students, like Jae Hoon and Dong Wan were (even if they are both Kim's sons). To compete against Capcom, they added English voice acting, and they are decent.

Fighting games are changing and evolving. They are no longer just for multiplayer; single-player needs to be just as important. Of course, it is optional. Also, rollback netcode is a must; that is a new standard. I do expect it will be available.

Preecha will be one of Joe's students, like Jae Hoon, and
Dong Wan were (even if they are both Kim's sons).
Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:49:19 am by videoman
#73  March 18, 2024, 05:10:15 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
This is great. Preecha will be one of Joe's students, like Jae Hoon and Dong Wan were (even if they are both Kim's sons). To compete against Capcom, they added English voice acting, and they are decent.

What do you mean "one of"?  Was there anything from SNK saying he had 2 students?  I just took her look as a re-design of the original concept.  Honestly, I'm not a fan of she looks, but I'll wait till more is shown of her, to be fair.
#74  March 18, 2024, 08:52:17 am
one of his student's name is kuen, darker appearance where she was one of the new comer planned to be in the cancelled garou 2. I am surprised that he has another student, but for my mugen/ikemen go storyline, I only made him having only one student and he doesn't accept another student when a certain individual after kof13's tournament keeps on forcing him to be his student and joe accepts him reluctantly, but still I wasn't sure the timeline from kof13 to cotw or even to garou mark of the wolves is like how many years ago :P I even planned an alternate storyline of his student grown up to around 39 years old while joe higashi married to lily kane having their elderly peaceful life while joe higashi started to get dementia

#75  March 18, 2024, 08:56:36 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
What if Joe has a dojo to teach Kickboxing? I know it is not confirmed or anything, but it is possible. Don't expect Geese to be there he is dead since it set after the first game. But Kain and Grant will be back.
#76  March 18, 2024, 03:18:04 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I saw the trailers last night and I freaked out a lot. They're wonderful and the vibes of this game are so amazing, it's like SNK wanted to make the same thing that they did to SamSho2019 to difference from KOF series. That comic book style is the coolest I've seen since a lot of time ago (MvC3??) and good to see they're reusing the old concepts of the old MOTW2 to remake them into this. Personally I still prefer the first design of Joe's pupil but the actual look seems fresh to new generations and it's like a parallel to Isla in KOXV, also having her own versions of Joe's moves, loved it a lot.

Also, loved the new looks of Hotaru (now she seems more grownup) and Tizoc (loved the "long hair" feathers in his new mask, awesome), can't wait to see the other challengers, especially the ones that left from XV (Jenet and Gato) as well other returned chars from MOTW...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#77  March 18, 2024, 03:53:06 pm
Personally I still prefer the first design of Joe's pupil
I second that ;D I am more interested in Joe Higashi's student since in my mugen/ikemen go game, I plan to have Joe Higashi as the main character that might involve his student and some non-cannon thing that made up my own arcade mode path for my mugen/ikemen go game that I was planning from year 2020 :P but it seems it is something different where it is still confusing that if this Preecha is another of Joe's student or a replace of Kuen Konta, so it is still looking uncofirm. I am glad that this character is one of the confirmed so far

#78  March 18, 2024, 09:24:38 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
We got gameplay!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-