YesNoOk

Guilty Gear Strive: Steam/Play4/5/and Rollback-Netcode (Read 1323352 times)

Started by yaret, August 05, 2019, 04:39:21 am
Share this topic:
Re: Guilty Gear Strive: Steam/Play4/5/and Rollback-Netcode
#181  August 10, 2022, 09:54:25 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I loved to see another GGXX character is back, the new design and animations are lovely, almost look like May's big sister XD and I noticed her teddy bear now appears in a motorcycle instead of a bike :D

Question, those ones who played Strive, it has similar gameplay than Xrd series or they changed things there?? I want the game, but still is too expensive in the PS Store to get it

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#182  August 10, 2022, 11:24:45 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
It is completely different. Gatlings are gone outside of universal ones, the game has a much heavier feel more grounded around dominating neutral, damage is HUGE and the juggle system they have in place feels more as if you were playing something along the lines of MK or something. Never mind the whole wallbreak system where the neutral is reset after every break and you need to gamble on whether it's worth it for the Positive Bonus or mix them a little more while you have them in the corner.

It's a big departure from what GG used to be, but in a way it's a pretty refreshing take, albeit not for everyone.

Think of it like Real Bout Guilty Gear and suddenly everything makes a lot more sense.
Personally I like it a lot, despite liking #Reload/Slash and Xrd a whole lot more.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#183  September 14, 2022, 05:21:53 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1569982954465808390?s=20&t=DOK-3q2y08tV-bZFRshxVQ So official word on the whole Bridget thing is yes, she is a "she" now, that is Ishiwatari himself saying as such, not an edit, there are no "bad endings" in arcade, only slight dialogue changes, its the same in the Japanese dialogue and speaking of which, the Japanese version of said post outright refers to Bridget with "kanojo" (meaning lit. "that girl" but basically she/her) so that's that, she's trans.

I mean not that its gonna change much here but

AND to head any chud off: https://twitter.com/XFileSam/status/1570053696335089665?s=20&t=sVUmd_qfmZ-jrZNc9oW9dw

And finally in regards to that arcade mode "bad ending"...thing: https://twitter.com/Willow9011/status/1570031689811779585?s=20&t=sVUmd_qfmZ-jrZNc9oW9dw
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#184  September 14, 2022, 07:32:15 pm
    • Brazil
Good. Its disgusting that all this drama always happens when a character is confirmed to be queer in some way. Like, the devs try to be subtle, I mean, as subtle as a person assigned male at birth saying "I'm a girl" can be, but then the transphobes make a lot of noise claiming mistranslations, misinterpretations and fanfic-ing, so the devs have to actually come out and fucking say it to their faces that this character is a trans woman, no "ifs" or "buts", and when the devs specify it preemtively, like with Kung Jin in MKX being confirmed to be gay, even though the scene that confirmed that was subtle, they're just "looking for clout" and "shoving their sexualities down our throats" because "its not important". These people can all suck a dick. Or several.
#185  September 15, 2022, 01:55:58 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
OMG  :o

are we still talking about this?? I mean last time I was here people were discussing balance issues and gameplay, now are arguing about the gender identity of one single fictional character  :S

but oh well, guess this help keep this thread alive at least
#186  September 15, 2022, 06:37:32 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
OMG  :o

are we still talking about this?? I mean last time I was here people were discussing balance issues and gameplay, now are arguing about the gender identity of one single fictional character  :S

but oh well, guess this help keep this thread alive at least

Uh

Nobody's arguing about it anymore

Rather just stating "hey the devs gave an official word on the matter to help end the confusion, so if any of you are still confused, here's the say"

If anything I think that ends the whole debacle rather than prolongs it
#187  September 21, 2022, 05:36:05 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
No one mentioned it at the time during TGS, but since they now uploaded the trailer, might as well mention it's coming to Xbox.

Also BBTAG but no one plays that game that's irrelevant to this thread.
#188  September 21, 2022, 04:43:49 pm
these games being on xbox makes no sense
#189  September 21, 2022, 07:26:11 pm
    • Brazil
I fail to see why.
#190  September 21, 2022, 10:13:05 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I fail to see why.

His argument stems from the fact that the franchise has had only two games on an Xbox system to date - the weird as hell Guilty Gear 2: Overture, which was an Xbox 360 exclusive game at that time and Guilty Gear X2 Reload on the original Xbox. Those two games came out 15 and 18 years ago respectively.

This is a chance for Xbox players to enjoy this game and with it being on Game Pass, it means that more people will try it out.
#191  March 12, 2023, 05:47:09 am
    • Brazil

New character... sorta.

And a teaser for another one.
Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 06:16:57 am by Macaulyn97
#192  March 12, 2023, 05:53:16 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I like how it's not the original person on the bed so they're like 'Bedman? Okay, sure, let's go with that'.

Oh, and Asuka being playable for the first time ever? Hmm... interesting.
#193  March 13, 2023, 02:09:35 pm
    • Netherlands
I'm glad the next releases are so close together. Still kinda bummed out that Asuka took this long to be playable and overall the season pass isn't really what I wanted but it's cool to see that the franchise keeps moving their new characters forward. With Asuka, Sin and Bedwoman added I also feel like all the characters with story significance are finally in, hopefully leaving season 3 (God willing) open for more fan favourite characters that don't have anything to do with the plot.

Hoping for Slayer and ABA in particular. Having Robo-Ky back would also be fun imo.
#194  March 13, 2023, 02:16:41 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I almost completely "rejected" the game like 3-4 DLC ago...
But this is the old classic fighting game player expectations to have first characters like JAM, Johnny, Slayer, Dizzy...
When I look at the actual roster, beside of Sol and Chipp, I don't feel so "concerned"

Hard to explain.

Sure that in 2023 you will always find an audience for a "little girl in a bed as a character."
#195  May 18, 2023, 11:29:15 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Asuka is here

it's a JP trailer thought
#196  March 22, 2024, 12:26:28 am
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
A.B.A is back!