YesNoOk

Freeza Z2 [Project] (Read 532189 times)

Started by Balthazar, December 27, 2011, 06:59:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Freeza Z2 (first post updated w/ palette template)
#1141  July 06, 2013, 03:56:11 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice look better than mine good job soldier
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1142  July 06, 2013, 06:35:25 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
well, here is my first try at doing palette ever...

edit:

something else:

any feedback is appreciated as my eyes are bleeding from working on it for 2 hours   -______-
Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:10:15 am by Joulz
#1143  July 06, 2013, 06:42:35 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^

- The aura needs more contrast, like a lot
- IMO the gray on main Freeza could use a little bit more contrast
- The red in main Freeza needs more contrast in the darkest shades

overall, not bad.
Chilling
Re: Freeza Z2
#1144  July 06, 2013, 04:37:11 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
So I've been testing Freeza for some time now, and I've to say this is REALLY going in the right direction.
I'm really come to like him, and I think we nailed his persona. The amazing custom voice by [still a secret!] helps a lot in this.
I still want him to have a bit of sub-boss-ness, without being too unbalanced or overpowerful ofcourse. Here's some notes thusfar:

-His standing Strong punch his great range, but his crouching Strong punch is a deadly weapon in itself, it covers about half the screen,
 making it one of his best zoning tools. If you catch the enemy with this attack from mid-range, you can still continue the attack by comboing into his EX Death Wave into a launcher, or his Death Beam, both of which are fast long-ranged attacks.

-His crouching Medium Kick hits twice (once the the leg, once with the tail), giving you a tad more breathing room to think and imput your next command to do the best combo for the current moment.

-His Z-Counters are the best of any of the other Z2 characters, especially the punch version, which has a big range and is so fast, you can even succesfully counter fast and weak attacks like a Weak Punch. His kick counter has him doing a slide kick, similar to SSJ Goku, which is better to counter ground moves from a little further away from you.

-He still only has the Death Wave (no standard Ki Blasts) and I think we're keeping it that way. Even if it doesn't cancel out all other normal Ki Blasts (it goes under them and sometimes you'll trade hits, which is kinda fun). His EX Death Wave launches the enemy upon impact, and by pressing UP, you teleport right next to them in the air, allowing you to follow-up with an aircombo or a special or supermove.
Death Wave MIGHT need to be nerfed slightly though, it might recover a tad too fast.
With the EX Death Wave, this means you can shoot it under oncoming Ki Blasts, and when normally you would trade hits, now, if you hit with the Death Wave just before the Ki Blasts impact, you can teleport next to p2, completely evading those blasts! The teleport even works if the EX Death Wave projectile is destroyed mid-screen! Although if this should stay in, we'll have to see. It doesn't work when it's blocked, though.
His air version of the move is also another great zone tool, and you can even use it do destroy blasts shot at you after jumping backwards.

-His Death Beam (Lv1) can destroy ANY projectile instantly (although it doesn't work on all character's projectiles, but at least the Z2 ones). This includes eating through Vegeta's Machine Gun Temper and even his Chou Galick Ho! Damage isn't THAT high to balance that ofcourse.

So he's really coming together nicely, I was even able to beat Vegeta Z2 (the current version available with Infinite's AI, which hasn't been balanced yet), which was nearly impossible for me to beat with Gohan/Goku Z2. And he doesn't even have his Focus Attack yet!
To be honest I don't think there's ANYTHING in this character that people won't like, but I've been proven wrong before.
Oh well, to US, the creators, this is very Best Freeza we could possibly make, and that's what we're giving you.

ps. if this doesn't scream 'zoning' I don't know what does!
Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:54:09 pm by Balthazar
#1145  July 06, 2013, 05:32:23 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

Great, i really want to shoot those death beams *-*
#1146  July 06, 2013, 07:13:07 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Haha, you know it's gonna be good! More stuff:
#1147  July 06, 2013, 09:26:45 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
Freeza Z2 is looking real nice right now! The Hype Train has indeed arrived, and I'm jumping on board!
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1148  July 06, 2013, 11:49:24 pm
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Can someone point me to the page where the special intros against the rest of the Z2 cast were? The intro against Goku Z2 looks entertaining, but I can't remember the ones for Goku and Vegeta, if they were spoken of :P

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#1149  July 07, 2013, 01:12:34 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Seconded. I freaking love special intros :D
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#1150  July 07, 2013, 01:33:25 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
why dont you two download the chars and test them out, they do their special intro straight out of the box
#1151  July 07, 2013, 01:38:24 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
I think they are referring to Frieza's special intro against Goku and Vegeta not Goku and Vegeta's intro against each other.
#1152  July 07, 2013, 02:58:28 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
I think they are referring to Frieza's special intro against Goku and Vegeta not Goku and Vegeta's intro against each other.
^ This.
I'm already aware that Goku and Vegeta have a special intro against each other. They both replicate they're running attacks. I was meaning more of the ones Balthazar showed such as:

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#1153  July 07, 2013, 03:08:17 am
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#1154  July 07, 2013, 03:09:03 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its not really planned so far, doesnt mean its set in stone they wont have it.
For now they look kindof cool each doing their own stuff, considering how menacing some of vegeta intros are.
#1155  July 07, 2013, 03:42:08 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Why is Goku staring at Freeza's tits?
#1156  July 07, 2013, 04:07:44 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1157  July 07, 2013, 04:11:47 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ Is the freaking EX version... why are you complaining again?? Death Wave always behaved like that in most DBZ games, there is a reason why it doesn´t deal too much damage.
Chilling
#1158  July 07, 2013, 04:12:39 am
  • tired
I'm complaining about it going under opponents' projectiles. It's just a small peeve of mine and...wait, how does damage relate to what I said? :-\
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1159  July 07, 2013, 04:16:37 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ Because you wanted it to deal 130 damage?? whatever let´s drop that. Death Wave always passed under/over/in the middle of opponent projectiles. The first thing that comes to mind is the Tenkaichi series. I like that way cause is supposed to be that way, thought the way of nerfing it would be the recovery time.
Chilling
#1160  July 07, 2013, 04:19:57 am
  • tired
I talked about Death Beam's damage back then.

I know, but I'm talking about in standard 2D fighter format, passing under enemy projectiles is pretty annoying and shouldn't happen. It didn't happen in most games because it turned fireball wars into nothing but trading and it just got annoying.