YesNoOk

Demon Jr. by Demon Jr. (Read 36017 times)

Started by Dust Storm, February 01, 2012, 05:30:08 am
Share this topic:
Re: Demon Jr. by Demon Jr.
#21  February 04, 2012, 08:43:35 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
#22  February 04, 2012, 09:03:05 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Alright...

- Very poorly animated (Jump, walking forward, walking backwards and most of the attacks are single frame animations)
- Single button infinites.
- No crouching attacks, and only a single jumping attack.
- Vore fetish attacks use defective custom states that are buggy and look really, really bad.

Recolor or not this is a pretty bad character.
#23  February 04, 2012, 09:24:15 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Poorly animated.... except for the vore attacks, right?
#24  February 04, 2012, 09:27:20 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
That's right.
#25  February 04, 2012, 09:37:47 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Gee I hope Arpa sees this.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#26  February 04, 2012, 09:48:25 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Stop that
#27  February 04, 2012, 09:49:53 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Stop what?
#28  February 04, 2012, 09:51:18 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
You're exactly the kind of people he doesn't want
#29  February 04, 2012, 09:53:18 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Who? Tylor?

GOH

#30  February 04, 2012, 09:53:26 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#31  February 04, 2012, 09:56:13 pm
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Nigga, I've been riding dem lengths since the day I was prostituted by Tim Buckley's nonexistent fiancee named Amy.
#32  February 04, 2012, 10:44:49 pm
  • For honor!
I didn't even want to bother with Tylor or anybody in his group or whatever because even though they are social inept furries, they have not gotten on my nerves in any way. I already know the characters they make can never possibly be worth looking into for most of the same reasons as the shit Wlanmania announces so there was no point in me spending precious time on their stupidity. But now that my name was dropped here I'll just leave this here.

Iroha stripped for me
#33  February 05, 2012, 06:09:47 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its a recolour of what appears to be a vore fan character originally sprited with base on yoshi, i think that says everything about it that needs to be said.
#34  February 15, 2012, 07:10:21 pm
  • Underaverage Coder
DO do do do doooo...

Oh look what I found. :3

Well everyone, i've got alot to reply to:

I thought it'd be a good idea to put my own fan charater into mugen, merely because well...  I RP'd alot?  And then it got boring because it sort of well, got boring (That's about it).  "IT'S A RECOLOR IT'S A RECOLOR" I made 99% of the sprites from scratch (Yes, i borrowed that orb he has, but give a guy a bit of credit).  Also, the chewing, of course he was a vore character ya dumb b-- (But i'm getting away from that stuff in the next version of him, I want him to be fun to play with instead of being a damn festish character)

Okay okay, so ever since i've read all the posts here, I was lucky to have uploaded the video for the new version of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZjZBRRnxkw .~.

The guy is still in developement, criticism is needed and wanted (WARNING: I borrowed elements from games called Grand Chase and Touhou and I give credit to them.  Why? CAUSE DHEY AIN'T MY ELEMENTS.)

Enjoy ranting and raving, AVGN's.

P.S.: I do hope this post isn't too long.  But hey, it's better than 10 posts.

P.S.S: I'M FROM DEVIANTART, MEN.
#35  February 15, 2012, 08:07:29 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
DO do do do doooo...

Oh look what I found. :3

Well everyone, i've got alot to reply to:

I thought it'd be a good idea to put my own fan charater into mugen, merely because well...  I RP'd alot?  And then it got boring because it sort of well, got boring (That's about it).  "IT'S A RECOLOR IT'S A RECOLOR" I made 99% of the sprites from scratch (Yes, i borrowed that orb he has, but give a guy a bit of credit).  Also, the chewing, of course he was a vore character ya dumb b-- (But i'm getting away from that stuff in the next version of him, I want him to be fun to play with instead of being a damn festish character)

Okay okay, so ever since i've read all the posts here, I was lucky to have uploaded the video for the new version of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZjZBRRnxkw .~.

The guy is still in developement, criticism is needed and wanted (WARNING: I borrowed elements from games called Grand Chase and Touhou and I give credit to them.  Why? CAUSE DHEY AIN'T MY ELEMENTS.)

Enjoy ranting and raving, AVGN's.

P.S.: I do hope this post isn't too long.  But hey, it's better than 10 posts.

P.S.S: I'M FROM DEVIANTART, MEN.

If you think we're trashing the character just because it's a fan character/paletteswap/vore, then you've obviously haven't been paying attention to the actual feedback. Yes those qualities don't help and are unappealing, but the issues at hand here are its gameplay.

From the video:

1.) Animation timing issues are still present (notably the single fram animations)
2.) Misaligned hitsparks (not to mention default sparks)
3.) Improper transparencies on certain effects
4.) Most, if not all, of the transparent effects aren't removed properly
5.) Most of his projectiles can be summoned infinitely during the time freeze (and possibly without it as well)

Let me ask you a serious question, and be honest in your answer; have you played any fighting games at all? And if so, which ones?
Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:11:29 pm by RicePigeon
#36  February 15, 2012, 08:11:01 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Hey Angel! I noticed you bumped the other shitty character thread... why are you doing that?...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:02:26 pm by Lord Kain
#37  February 15, 2012, 08:14:47 pm
don't derail the thread with irrelevant bullshit
#38  February 15, 2012, 08:21:46 pm
  • Underaverage Coder

If you think we're trashing the character just because it's a fan character/paletteswap/vore, then you've obviously haven't been paying attention to the actual feedback. Yes those qualities don't help and are unappealing, but the issues at hand here are its gameplay.

From the video:

1.) Animation timing issues are still present (notably the single fram animations)
2.) Misaligned hitsparks (not to mention default sparks)
3.) Improper transparencies on certain effects
4.) Most, if not all, of the transparent effects aren't removed properly
5.) Being able to use his sword super during time freeze, even in training mode, is not only broken but a huge no-no.
6.) In fact, most of his projectiles can be summoned infinitely during the time freeze (and possibly without it as well)

Let me ask you a serious question, and be honest in your answer; have you played any fighting games at all? And if so, which ones?
My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Guilty as charged, I havent really played too much of a legit fighting game for a while now.  (I don't count Super Smash Bros as a fighting game :V)  SO think of me what you must,  I didn't ask to get my character announced here.  This character was really only made for fun.  Also, i'm so new to this, that I've just found out how to apply helpers (A.k.a I don't know shit about coding as of now.)

But if you can, guide me?  Thanks.

*Leaves for work*
#39  February 15, 2012, 08:36:35 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Also, i'm so new to this, that I've just found out how to apply helpers (A.k.a I don't know shit about coding as of now.)

But if you can, guide me?  Thanks.

*Leaves for work*

There's a section of the forums called Development Help. Perhaps your questions would be more appropriate to ask over there? There's usually at least one person there willing to give whatever help you need.

I will say this much though; if you're going to make something for a fighting game engine, at least have basic knowledge of fighting games in general. SSFII Turbo and the older KOF games are the places to start.
#40  March 06, 2012, 12:12:37 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
This Reminds Me Of Cyperlizards Work In A Way...Anyway This Characters Is >>> :D Cheesy :D