YesNoOk

King of fighters 96' 26th anniversary Mugen Edition (Read 4362 times)

Started by tiranojor, August 31, 2022, 10:59:01 pm
Share this topic:
King of fighters 96' 26th anniversary Mugen Edition
#1  August 31, 2022, 10:59:01 pm
    • Argentina
Hello here are tiranojor presents kof 96' 26th anniversary mugen edition.
Kof 96 is my favourite kof for many reasons. Is the first kof with modern style sprites, has one of the best bgm ever, the gameplay with rolls and power charge a mix beetween advance and extra modes that i use these sistem in my games, etc.

This time the spark and sound effects are the same of the original game, i like very much the kof 96 style. Previously i used the kof xi stile because i disliked a bit the style of the old kofs.
I used the screenpack made by orochi kof97 and adapted to 1.0 by gui0007. I made some changes: added the voice of the original narrator, fixed some disagglined bars in team play, the hud is more close to the edge, modifications on the character screen, etc
Thanks to Charles2011 and tatsu for the amazing stages they did.

The game is not moleboxed so you can change the stages, sounds, etc. If you preffer you can put the originals stages and soundtracks. I warn you that the code is a mess and all characters need common.cns of the game because it are modified. To put the characters on your project maybe they must be adapted.

New features:
guard crush debut ... dont work exactly like original game but i hope improve it
counter improvement, now it has explod, you can juggle y and all characters has bonus power

has all the features of previous releases:

standardized characters
power charge
counter, now improved
dm, sdm y hsdm
super cancel y dream cancels
stun

Whats left:

Endings
proper logo
intro
bigger portrait s in character select screen

Trailer:

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u6fmitgkt2iob6k/KOF96_26TH.zip/file

Have fun!

Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:37:47 pm by tiranojor
Re: King of fighters 96' 26th anniversary Mugen Edition
#2  September 01, 2022, 01:20:40 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/

nice tiny edit compilation game I think this topic should be moved to the Mugen General Section.

Here my feedback and my honest suggestion and opinion about this

My Feedback of this game
1. The Mugen Stages you selected and chosen don't fit the title name or the KOF universe, I would just add KOF Mugen Stages from 95,96 all in one
2. Some of the Mugen characters not sharing the same Hyper Background or Hyper Moved, their all-mix type version that not even connected with KOF 96 Universe
3. Nice music chooses but I rather just Added all the KOF 95 and 96 soundtracks than rather be Music from other games because sure don't match that

My suggestion.
1. all the characters should have their own Hyper Background from the real KOF96
2. I would of make a better menu screen than rather using Orochi Kof screen pack
3. if I were you I would of make the Kof intro for the game make feel more real than this.

My honest Opinion about your fan game

I have to say it's nice Idea and Not bad for your first time making your first fan Mugen game.
However. I feel like you kind of rushed it.

And there is no sign of any kind of editing whatsoever besides the screen pack. None of the characters has been tampered with. Only few things you did was to add the characters that you downloaded or found on the Internet. And I think that's very nice of you to go out of your way to make something that you enjoy creating, but this is not really your creation in the beginning. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or any way. I'm just giving you my honest opinion about it. You should have thought this through very carefully when you were making this. you should ask on How to go about making a better fangame that you're trying to create to make it more authentic and original.

I'm glad there's still people like yourself. They're still making fan games. For people to share with and to enjoy, but once again. It's considered as a Compilation game. And NOT naturally A original game. That's the reason why I said. It's best to move this section and this topic. On the Mugen general section.
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 01:29:28 am by OldGamer
#3  September 01, 2022, 08:50:13 pm
    • Argentina
Hi OldGamer. Thanks for test the game and for your feedback. You are right, the game is more a project than a game finished so i moved it to that ection.
All your suggestions will be usefull. When i finish the game obviously i will share with you guys.
#4  September 02, 2022, 03:52:06 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/

Hi OldGamer. Thanks for test the game and for your feedback. You are right, the game is more a project than a game finished so i moved it to that section.
All your suggestions will be useful. When i finish the game obviously i will share with you guys.
if you need help with King of fighter 96 real sprites asset let me know I don't mind to ripping you the original sprite of the game to make more like the REAL KOF 96 Anniversary and there so many Fonts, sprite and other asset to make more real than using other people screen pack, I am just saying there so many ways to go about it, and keep on making your dream fighting game a reality  ^_^

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/