YesNoOk

add004basic (Read 1485848 times)

Started by Shiyo Kakuge, June 18, 2014, 05:46:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: add004basic
#981  December 09, 2017, 08:46:18 am
  • Raging Fist
In terms of having the alt. power bars for tag team battle, It is possible, but you will have to go in-depth with the powerbar code.
In this case

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You have the power mode setting. the code used for the single character version is custom based upon palette, 1,4,7,10 for the first standard bar, 2,5,8,11 for MAX/SUPER Bar, and the last remaining for that SVC Chaos bar.
You see how it's single and turns? biggest reason why the alt bars don't work right is because Tatsu(Shiyo) created a separate var code (The Var(22) = 4) for tagging and assists. I have yet to find that code to make it work for the other bars. any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated, as I have no clue if Tatsu(Shiyo) has intentions on implementing that said code to work with tag and team. Truth be told having multi bars for the SVC bars would be pretty cool to see too.
#982  December 09, 2017, 11:32:43 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
@Flowrellik: How would you let alternate power bars show up even in the case of a single player?
#983  December 09, 2017, 10:00:36 pm
  • Raging Fist
because the systems for single and tag/team modes are SEPARATE.
In this case, the init_mode single uses all 3 bars based on palette, while tag/turn modes uses the bar modified for tag/assist.
when I tried that code on Init_mode turns (Tag and turn mode), turn mode works fine, but tag mode's tag assist and tagging becomes nullified, bringing back the standard mugen "SFA3/SFEX Dramatic battle" mode.
now if anyone can offer me some insight on how to properly add tag/assist to the other two bars, please let me know.
#984  December 10, 2017, 01:33:42 am
    • Trinidad and Tobago
pls tell me how to change character strike
#985  December 10, 2017, 05:02:07 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
@Flowrellik: Is there any setting or edit that needs to be done to get the alt bars in single player? It used to work with palettes but the latest versions have the same default powerbars.
#986  December 12, 2017, 11:18:38 pm
  • Raging Fist
just apply the code above to the 004 bar's common01 in the place of hte existing one and you should be fine.
#987  December 14, 2017, 05:38:55 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Yea that worked. Thanks.
#988  December 19, 2017, 02:17:18 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Sorry guys, total noob here as far as add004 goes. Just a few questions hopefully someone can share some information on.

- Is it possible to only use just the lifebars along with the input commands showing, and not utilize any tag system? I have no desire to use any tag system, only the lifebars.

- What files do I download from Googledrive? The first page just says "Download" with a link, then takes you to a directory where none of the file names are very clear on the correct one to download. I'm trying to find the Mugen1.1 build but, I have no idea which one that is. I ended up just downloading the entire directory, not just the "up_add4" but I know I don't need everything in there.

Apologies for the noobness, but this isn't something you can just glance at and say "Okay, that makes total sense".
#989  December 19, 2017, 05:29:21 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Download and install to your mugen directory in this order, overwrite as you go:

up_add4/mugen_a4b_20170225
up_add4/mugen_a4b_20170225p
up_add4/update_20170725/mugen_a4b_20170225p6

Patch characters with add004pie

Open up common1.cns, find ;;>>@Config.System_Switch>>
Follow the directions, you want to enable show key_input and disable tag system.
#990  December 19, 2017, 06:06:20 am
    • USA
Download and install to your mugen directory in this order, overwrite as you go:

Follow the directions, you want to enable show key_input and disable tag system.
Thank you so much for the help, I appreciate it a lot! Short, sweet, and concise. (Cracks knuckles) Time to get down to business.

Edit:
Thank you again, it all worked perfectly. I just have one more question if that's alright. I scaled the size of the input commands by half, but they are too spaced out now. Is there any way to reduce the spacing distance of the input command displays so they appear closer together?

This is how they look right now. I just want them closer together and semi-transparent if possible.
Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:56:29 am by shulbocka
#991  December 19, 2017, 10:07:43 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
You know much about anims? Find the animation in the air.txt files and edit the transparencies in that, as for positioning that's probably a messy thing to sort out, you'll probably find the code you want for that in the common1.cns, just search "key input", "key_input", "input" or whatever. I'd imagine the pos values to be filled with vars and algebra and shit.
#992  December 19, 2017, 07:47:39 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com

Thank you very much for the explanation, I try lots of times and never work, thanks!
Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:28:42 pm by GaziraAgain
#993  December 20, 2017, 02:28:23 am
    • USA
You know much about anims? Find the animation in the air.txt files and edit the transparencies in that, as for positioning that's probably a messy thing to sort out, you'll probably find the code you want for that in the common1.cns, just search "key input", "key_input", "input" or whatever. I'd imagine the pos values to be filled with vars and algebra and shit.
Yeah, I understand anims and was able to make the buttons transparent. You were right about the pos values being vars and other stuff. That stuff I don't understand so much, so I'll just leave it alone. It's okay though, not really a big deal. Thank you again for the help.
#994  December 20, 2017, 05:14:36 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
I can´t change the default screenpack. The problem it´s because I use separated archives for the animations for titlebg, versusbg, etc. The only thing that it´s in the system.sff it´s the character select screen. I copy the system.def in the Add004 folder and other files in the mm2 folder and I edit the system.def but mugen crashes with this error:

I copy the menu.sff in data or  Add004 folders and I have the same error. Any idea how I can load this files of the system.def? This is the lines of the archives that works fine with the normal mugen.exe
[TitleBGdef]
bgclearcolor = 0,0,0
spr = mm2/menu.sff
Thank you very much.
#995  December 21, 2017, 08:36:00 am
Has anyone had issues with the system messing with the characters attacks? Once I patched a char, his 600 Group (air attacks) would not connect.....not sure whats up.... it only happens while using tag-arcade, tag-vs, etc
Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:01:13 am by Koopa901
#996  December 21, 2017, 10:03:20 pm
    • USA
Can anyone possibly tell me why any time I change the lifebar portrait of a patched character, the portrait palette gets screwed up and either appears blacked out or as inverted colors? Another strange thing is that the portraits appear fine on the select screen, just not in the lifebar.

Example:
I changed P1 Luffy to use the same lifebar portrait as P2 Luffy, but this is the result

Just fine on Select screen though

I made 37 new lifebar portraits last night, and every single one had this result. All appearing fine on Select screen though. I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with the portraits I made either, because I didn't make the Luffy one I'm showing. I just extracted it from the P2 Luffy and replaced P1 Luffy's 9000,0 with it, only to have the same result. I also checked all the characters in FF, and none of them have "Shared Palette" checked on their 9000,0 sprite. I don't understand what's happening.
#997  December 21, 2017, 10:09:55 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
It's because P1 luffy and P2 luffy don't share the same palette my dude, and since their default color palettes are different that's why the portraits get messed up in game
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#998  December 21, 2017, 10:37:38 pm
    • USA
Thanks for the response TB, appreciate it man. What you said does makes total sense, but why do they appear fine on select screen? That's what's been kind of throwing me off. Does that mean I have to apply the characters palette to the new portrait? If so, you don't have to explain that if you don't want as I'm sure it's more than a quick 1-2 sentences. I'm sure a guide on that exists somewhere at this point.

Something that does kind of confuse me though, is that all the new portraits I made were from using sprites from the characters themselves that they are being applied to, then just cropped to 25x25 pixels. That's literally the only thing I did to them, so you would think they would still be using the same palette. I did this exact same process when I used to make lifebar portraits for the DCvM screenpack by Scruffy Dragon, and never ran into this issue.
#999  December 23, 2017, 08:56:39 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
So i got this working (for the most part lol) Its pretty fun but i can't seem to get P2 To switch with their partner. Any insight on this?

PS:Their tag attack works fine its just the switch that doesn't for some reason.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#1000  December 26, 2017, 07:43:42 am
    • USA
hi i am new to this and i wanna know how i change my assist on characters?