YesNoOk

RYU (Read 183069 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 04, 2014, 04:16:29 pm
RYU
#1  April 04, 2014, 04:16:29 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Let's talk Ryu. This guy is the staple of Street Fighter. This will be the projects biggest initial hurdle. Once he is finished other characters should be much easier to add in. Ryu will be our default guy to balance everything else around. All other characters will use his stats as a measuring point.

Post any and all sprite edits that may be useful as well.
When adding sprites for the project that someone else created. Please link to their profile or website if offsite. That way if/when they are used it'll be easier to update the credits sticky.

Post links to the best Ryus to download for coding and idea references.

Also let's talk sounds. I'm not an expert on this at all. I have no idea if sf4 Ryu has the same voice actor as the other games. Ryu will use his Japanese voice though. Other characters we may debate this on but I really don't see a reason to do so here :p

Talk movelist as well.
His basics should be based on SF4 IMO. It had the largest variety.
I need to play SF3 again and see what Ryu's default super bar lengths and stock numbers are to get a good idea what they should be here.
Discuss anything else I may have forgotten with this character.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Link to MFG Ryu folder in dropbox
If you wish for access to this Dropbox pm me your email and I'll add you so you may edit and upload.

I'm using Lost Avenger's Ryu for our sff and air base because he's put the most effort in making things accurate.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Feedback on the sff and groups is encouraged.

Happy discussing.
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:29:39 am by Just No Point
Re: Ryu, our template, our GOD
#2  April 04, 2014, 05:13:35 pm
#3  April 04, 2014, 05:25:20 pm
Ryu by Buckus is a good base and he really knows how to organize sff's. Same for Pots's Ryu. You could use it to build your sff and easly code every character.

There is also Warusaki's Ryu wich is usefull aswell. The only thing is that his characters are CVS based. You would have to take out all grooves and maybe rotate or take some of it's Capcom grooves for the game.
#4  April 04, 2014, 05:35:39 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Well, as CvS normal Ryu is wining...what we have to do is seeing which moves/ what's missing. Our beloved Balthy ( :-* ) did a sheet time ago, where he pasted every the sprites PLUS what he sketched in lines. This sheet misses the focus, or that joudan kik(? that one from SF3, I never remember the name D: ). We should also see what's new from his SF3 and SF4 incarnation, so we can translate it into this sheet's looks.

INSERT IMAGES OF WHAT'S NEW/MISSING IN CVS RYU

By the way, as long as I know, there are not  CSed Ryu, except of PotS'...who separated gloves, band, eyes(?) and hair.

So, Ryu is gonna be like our KFM, right? :P!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#5  April 04, 2014, 05:40:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
For the most part we'll have to completely recode the characters so their current coding isn't relevant. We can use parts of them however.
So, Ryu is gonna be like our KFM, right? :P!
Right!

EDIT: Noticed Balth added his stuff to my post ^_^ So Spoilering his quote that's in my quote repeating the same thing. Back on my PC WOOT!
Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:49:42 pm by Just No Point
#6  April 04, 2014, 05:46:08 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I did edit the movelist after quoting it, added Denjin Hadouken and f+MP and some stuff.
#7  April 04, 2014, 05:49:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ah. I was having all kinds of troubles =p. I had the line about recoding but somehow deleted it and I didn't see the edits. I did notice you edited my post while I was trying to put my info about the coding back in that I didn't have. :P I see you didn't add the E Ryu idea >:-(

:P

Popular demand will probably want him to be his own character at a later date anyway so I'll remove the quotes from my posts.
#8  April 04, 2014, 05:51:46 pm
    • Netherlands
Being awesome means you can ignore dumb popular demands such as having a seperate Evil Ryu character or even dumber, an in-game transformation.  :devil:
#9  April 04, 2014, 05:52:52 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Demodded and banned

[MAX Super 3] Fatal Denjin Hadouken
- QCBx2+2P ~projectile (beam?) with shocking/stunning features.
I think the main difference for this one should be making it's charge time be shorter like in CVS2.

Jump straight up HP

by Shao_kun
Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:00:57 pm by Just No Point
#10  April 04, 2014, 06:02:31 pm
^
I was going to add it.

Well, I finally found it:
by Balthazar (for the Comeback Technique, maybe)
#11  April 04, 2014, 09:57:23 pm
    • Netherlands
For the comeback technique, I think the Tatsu should be a lot more stationary, that SF EX Tatsu moves too much forward.
Maybe some bloke like @Diepod: could make some nice line art animation for the Tatsu based on how it looked in the SFII Animated Movie. I'd sprite that.

There's also this that I never finished, could be used, but I think it'll be more fitting for Ken tbh.

Or I dunno, just trying some cool things :)

Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:26:05 pm by Balthazar
#12  April 04, 2014, 10:06:35 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
^ I think it would go well for either of them but I personally feel it should go to ken as well
#13  April 04, 2014, 11:10:20 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#14  April 05, 2014, 05:44:40 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is he going to have his SF3 voice? SF4? CVS2? A mix because they all sound the same?
#15  April 05, 2014, 05:55:38 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
They absolutely do not sound the same!

SFIV has voiceclips for everything but Denjin Hadoken (the same VA did MvC3 so Shin Shoryuken would come from there); the other two lack voices for Metsu Hadoken/Shoryuken, and CvS lacks Denjin, and the "Shakunetsu!" for EX Hadoken.

SFIV will also have more conversational voice clips.
#16  April 06, 2014, 01:14:11 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Omega sent me a pm asking what music we would like remixed. For starters I think we should get Ryu's theme from SF2. Agree? What other themes should we put on the table?

@Omega:
@QuickFist:
@WizzyWhipitWonderful:

What remix options are we looking at here anyway? Do you guys have a theme in mind? Just curious what kind of plans you guys may have come up with in Skype.
Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:13:18 am by Just No Point
#17  April 06, 2014, 01:23:34 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
What are you trying to do with it?
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#18  April 06, 2014, 01:32:16 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
JMorphMan says that the SF4 voice actor has said everything we need except "Denjin". It makes sense to use the voice that says the most phrases that we would need. That means you would have to tweak another Ryu voice saying "Denjin" to sound more like the SF4 Ryu voice.

I'll go look for the voice packs and try to isolate the "Denjin" voices for you in the event you think you may be able to pull it off.

EDIT: Also I cannot seem to find Buckus's Ryu. http://buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Not on his site and I didn't see a link in Street Fighter Duo

Edit 2: SF4 AE voices https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yhmqn4vrhaxt39r/DwhoD55BJ7/SSFIVAE/Japanese/Characters/Ryu_J.zip
UMVC3 voices http://www.mediafire.com/?ssju7g4fddgta

These are the voices you'll try to emulate. Going to find Denjin now.
Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:53:04 am by Just No Point
#19  April 06, 2014, 03:07:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#20  April 06, 2014, 10:24:31 am
    • Netherlands
Hope you can get it soon :P
Another option for his voice would be using a custom voice actor, it really gives a unique presence to the character, making it stand out from similar characters (like with Vegeta/Freeza/Gohan Z2).
Though I don't know how manageble it would be to get a japanese voice actor, or we'd have to settle with an english one?

Anyway, I removed his Throw Counter/Throw SafeFall from the movelist, since I think it's basicly the same as his Comeback Techniques; you could use those after being thrown as well as being knocked down.
Though like you said, JNP, it might put throw-characters at a disadvantage. Maybe not so much if the move costs bar, which it does, but yeah basicly it sounds like if you do a PileDriver, you're perhaps quite likely to eat a full Rolling Tatsumaki after landing it, if the throwee has bar. Maybe the Comeback Technique's use should be excluded after some moves (like PileDrivers and such)?