Street Fighter V (Read 2919657 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#10901  December 12, 2017, 07:41:26 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Now that I'm thinking about it, they might actually pull a stunt like adding a guest fighter. He looks to similar to Greg to not notice, if that's the case, I wonder how Capcom would pull him off.
Edit: I realize from the trailer that he shows off like a ringmaster would. I feel dumb.
#10902  December 12, 2017, 07:58:24 pm
why would they add a fucking bloody roar character when they have 500 other more recognizable choices for a guest character

if he's a guest character why isn't he just named greg
#10903  December 12, 2017, 08:04:23 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
This being that one character, being in only one game, of a dead franchise. Why the hell would they do that?
I agree that there ''might'' be some similarities, but that is most likely either completley random or paying somwhat homage to the character, which again is less likely. I think they went with the Uncle Sam/Abraham Lincoln inspired thing alltrhough, and that the similarities to Greg is just a coincidence.

Yeah, sorry. I want the franchise to come back too, but for now, it's more than less dead.

| |
V
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:11:05 pm by The Street Fighter
#10904  December 12, 2017, 10:35:42 pm
But his name is G like Greg ! And also like G from Final Fight--- wait a second... Bloody Roar's Greg was Final Fight's G all along ??

Also a little piece of my heart breaks off again whenever someone says Bloody Roar is dead

edit - holy shit, surprise twist, I forgot about that dumb thing.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:05:54 pm by Byakko
#10905  December 12, 2017, 11:01:50 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
...but if G is Greg from Bloody Roar... Greg the GORILLA from Bloody Roar... then isn´t he part of Ed´s posse?

:yaoming: Naww, don´t think so.
#10906  December 13, 2017, 12:51:36 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
damn love that new sakura look
I need more PSN friends
#10907  December 13, 2017, 01:25:20 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Even if Capcom for whatever goddamn reason decided to put a Bloody Roar guest, you can be sure as hell they'd pick some actual popular character (Yugo, Alice, Long, Uriko) than fucking Greg.
#10908  December 13, 2017, 02:10:28 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Man, I don't even know anymore. I'll just wait till titmouse responds with something. He's a secret to everybody until Capcom sheds some light, he might be new just like the other newcomer.
#10909  December 13, 2017, 02:15:05 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Lol, Sodom just took off his armor. Don't freak out, he is just embracing his american lifestyle as amish, after the fail attempt in western culture.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#10910  December 13, 2017, 02:25:01 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#10911  December 13, 2017, 11:53:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Some information about Sakura's move list ?
I really like her new design.
And finally one girl in SFV have a good looking face...
#10912  December 13, 2017, 11:57:58 pm
Mostly the same as her usual movelist, plus the upward Hadouken from the Marvel games, her Sakura Otoshi has become more like Gouki's Hyakki Shuu series with a punch, kick, or throw variations, and her two V Triggers as well as her Ultra have been detailed on Capcom's site and most gaming news sites.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#10913  December 14, 2017, 12:48:00 am
  • all is love in fair and war
I think SF5 is getting better, but I will wait for the ultimate ultra edition rather than get several obsolete editions of the same game like SF4... I don't play the game myself anyway. I still hate this new trend of releasing half completed game with half empty roster and then squeeze the early usersthey already use freely as beta testers more and more money out of their pocket to get a full game they should have gotten in the first place. I thought EA was greedy but capcom is worse now.   
#10914  December 14, 2017, 01:12:27 am
Uh, there's not several obsolete versions. Everything so far is a DLC pack to the original game. Which probably doesn't cost much by now, but that's replaced with the DLC cost. The arcade edition is just the original game with the DLC content
releasing half completed game with half empty roster and then squeeze the early usersthey already use freely as beta testers more and more money out of their pocket to get a full game they should have gotten in the first place.
SF5 was released 2 years ago. That "other half" is taking two to three more years to make. Stop being fucking retarded.

(I didn't pay attention, did the trailer say the new characters would come out at the same time as Arcade Edition in January ? I'm assuming it'll be over the year like the previous two packs)
Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:20:53 am by Byakko
#10915  December 14, 2017, 01:43:09 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
One year, actually.

JDD

#10916  December 14, 2017, 01:50:17 am
#10917  December 14, 2017, 02:05:30 am
    • USA
Over the year, which is why they only showcased Sakura since she'll be out along with AE.
#10918  December 14, 2017, 02:07:30 am
It'll be 2 years when AE comes out and I'm almost certain the new batch of characters won't be all there already. - edit before posting, @Red - ah, thanks for the confirmation.
It takes time to make this. It's been my stance since day one, as I posted here a few times, that, yes, the first version of the game was basically a beta and that if you wanted what you call a "complete" game you should wait two more years (that turned out to be a pretty good estimate), but that this is just how the industry works nowadays, they simply can't afford to wait those extra couple years to release a game - unless your name is Square Enix or some other company that took 10 years to make a single game. They just have to release something at some point and then keep building on it over a couple more years, because now, the DLC mechanic makes it possible.

edit - found it, May '16
[...]
the complete game you're asking for would take nearly a decade to make. All the other big games you listed had previous titles they were improving upon. Tekken, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat, the crossovers, they're all working on top of a previous game. But for a game redone from the grounds up, it would take like 6 to 8 years. All AAA games are like that. It's obvious that SF5 was rushed, that's exactly what I'm saying, it came out way too long before it could be considered a finished product, it's at least a year or two early.

On the subject of the $60 release, remember the content like story mode and the rest of single player is going to be free ; the characters are paid DLC but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. It's like you're playing a beta, but you're not paying for a beta and then you're done, you're paying the full price to have access to the beta that will later turn into the full game - at no extra cost except for the obvious DLC. If you don't want that, just wait a couple of years, who cares, it's a beta, everybody knows it. If it was released way too early, then just wait until it has become what it should be as a full game. It won't even cost you more.

If you think it's incomplete, there's literally no reason to complain instead of wait. And if you think that people will start playing it before you and you'll be coming in late, then play the beta like them and wait for the complete version.
Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:18:58 am by Byakko
#10919  December 14, 2017, 02:25:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If they do as they say the game will be complete around the time ps5 comes out. So he may want to wait 5 ish more years for that one  ::)
#10920  December 14, 2017, 03:06:40 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Uh, there's not several obsolete versions. Everything so far is a DLC pack to the original game. Which probably doesn't cost much by now, but that's replaced with the DLC cost. The arcade edition is just the original game with the DLC content
releasing half completed game with half empty roster and then squeeze the early usersthey already use freely as beta testers more and more money out of their pocket to get a full game they should have gotten in the first place.
SF5 was released 2 years ago. That "other half" is taking two to three more years to make. Stop being fucking retarded.

(I didn't pay attention, did the trailer say the new characters would come out at the same time as Arcade Edition in January ? I'm assuming it'll be over the year like the previous two packs)

I rather buy hard copy, the most complete one when they finish it later, that's my view on several obsolete versions, I don't want several copies of the same thing, especially since I mentioned I don't play. stop being a fucking judgmental retard