YesNoOk

Origanal charecter sprite - Izuka (Update.. again) (Read 2918 times)

Started by DjFoxfire, April 06, 2009, 11:26:42 pm
Re: Origanal charecter sprite - Izuka (Update.. again)
#21  April 12, 2009, 05:10:51 pm
what are you talking about?
respect?
you are an editor.
you make the same thing
#22  April 12, 2009, 07:55:52 pm
are you ok with someone taking your work and slapping something on it without giving a damn about you?
and how is he doing the same thing?
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#23  April 12, 2009, 11:15:01 pm
  • bd poster :D
    • Italy
    • http://emanuelepepi.tk
hopefully there's no money involved in fan-art works... only human idiocy.  :ninja:
#24  April 13, 2009, 01:18:49 am
#25  April 13, 2009, 04:21:54 pm

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#26  April 13, 2009, 05:25:48 pm
Hmm. So let me get this straight: it's a sprite of an original character as opposed to and original sprite of a character. Fair enough.

But yeah, not naming the guy who did the original pants was a faux pas. I would say it's different from editing a Capcom/SNK/whatever sprite because in those cases everyone more or less knows those sprites to be based off those from thoses companies. I just figured it was assumed/generally acknowledged.

There may be thin line between homage and rip off, but it's certainly there...
#27  April 14, 2009, 10:47:45 pm
WT Crap!? ??? I didnt mean to steal anything.....

Sorry for not giveing credit to DarkRaven. (Jeez I didnt even know people were still commenting. XD)
#28  April 16, 2009, 02:53:57 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
what are you talking about?
respect?
you are an editor.
you make the same thing

We, editors uses capcom/snk/etc sprites for making improvements or else, always giving credit, even when is so noticeable. That's respect.

So, between editors, we must have some respect between ourselves. Respect between us, like a brothership

We, spriters, makes sprites from scratch, something that you don't know by the moment. Or am I wrong? Show me something you've done from scratch ;).

Oh yeah, I forgot that. You're a frankenspriter. That's far supeeeeerior to editors or spriters, you're on the top elite. Originality Rulzz  :sugoi:![/IRONIA]

WT Crap!? ??? I didnt mean to steal anything.....

Sorry for not giveing credit to DarkRaven. (Jeez I didnt even know people were still commenting. XD)

Oh, don't worry, but next time, before making, be sure about it. Putting the resource or else it's a good start, that way, people will see you're trying to improve. Anyway, good luck with this :)

are you ok with someone taking your work and slapping something on it without giving a damn about you?
and how is he doing the same thing?
ASk Capcom or SNK

Someone in Mugen(KFM?? I don't remember too well) sent an e-mail to SNK and Capcom and they consider Mugen as fan-art, so there's no problem using their sprites.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#29  April 16, 2009, 04:43:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It was messatsu, I got copies of the emails in my deviantart.
#30  April 16, 2009, 10:59:56 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
It was both me and Messatsu actually :P I still have the emails that were sent to me.