YesNoOk

Street Fighter MFG Project Concept and Ideas (Read 3823 times)

Started by GTOAkira, February 12, 2018, 01:22:53 am
Street Fighter MFG Project Concept and Ideas
New #1  February 12, 2018, 01:22:53 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Got the idea from Memo and I think it would be pretty cool to finally see a Street Fighter mugen fullgame.

I was really hype for the MFG project but sadly it got cancelled since JNP became pretty busy with Hyper DBZ. The good thing about this project is that I finally started contributing to the mugen community. I cant code or sprite but I did have a lot of lifebars concept that were in the work during the project. I think one of the main issue with the MFG SF project was that the main gameplay was never really clear. If I remember well the idea was to have every SF style in a groove type selection. I feel like  a unique gameplay would be easier.

I also think that it be better to start small with a small roster of 8 or 10 characters.

The start roster would be :
1)Ryu
2)Chun-Li
3)Zangief
4)Sagat
5)Nash
6)Rolento
7)M.Bison
8)Cammy

Im not to sure on the gameplay but I think a mix between SFV and 3rd strike would be nice. I would really like to see a Just Defend mechanic I think it would be pretty dope.

This is mostly a discussion topic just to share ideas and suggestions. Like I said I cant code or sprite but I would happy to work on the lifebars
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:10:28 am by GTOAkira
Re: Street Fighter MFG Project Concept and Ideas
#2  February 12, 2018, 01:31:54 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Half right. In the veeeery beginig, it was suggested a groove system, but quickly rejected because of the extra coding and such, so I suggested that each character could have stuff from their game of origin(for exemple, people from SF3 could have blocking, Zero could use the rolling or the chain combo, etc), this was rejected because some people thought it would result in an unbalanced game.

And SFV added this, using strategic use for these things(Ken running, Ryu blocking, etc) ^_^'! So, yes, I think using a system similar to SFV could work.  We, of course could add original content(look at Balthazar's throw recovery, for example, using dodge sprites from CvS).

About who could be contributing...I'd like to offer my help at the spriting path. But I'm currently booked with Ash and Leona(also completing Chunners, which could be of  agood use too). You can also count with Viper and Rose if needed :).

Have a nice day!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#3  February 12, 2018, 01:36:53 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Yeah I feel like the main gameplay of the MFG project never was clear. Im not to sure on how the main gameplay would look but some feature that should be in. EX moves, Dash and Ultra/CA are pretty much a given.
#4  February 12, 2018, 05:28:15 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
There was a clear idea for the final systems. When I get home I'll look up the notes. The idea was to have a config file that had various gameplay options you could turn off and on. With a number of presets from various sf games including one specifically for the project.

The real reason it died wasn't because of lack of direction. It was because I was in over my head at the time coding wise. I could make Ryu as I intended with all those options fairly easily now. But now I spend all my coding time on HDBZ. Can't do both
#5  February 12, 2018, 05:52:53 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
My bad I never said it died because of that I just felt like the gameplay was never really clear to me and that one unique system would have been easier.
#6  February 12, 2018, 06:33:18 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
There was a clear idea for the final systems. When I get home I'll look up the notes. The idea was to have a config file that had various gameplay options you could turn off and on. With a number of presets from various sf games including one specifically for the project.

The real reason it died wasn't because of lack of direction. It was because I was in over my head at the time coding wise. I could make Ryu as I intended with all those options fairly easily now. But now I spend all my coding time on HDBZ. Can't do both

Post your ideas when you have time I would love to take it further

lui

#7  February 12, 2018, 06:43:47 am
    • USA
with the new buffering system i think this can def work