YesNoOk

Shinzo Abe has been assassinated (Read 8970 times)

Started by Genosan742, July 08, 2022, 04:17:10 pm
Share this topic:
Shinzo Abe has been assassinated
#1  July 08, 2022, 04:17:10 pm
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
Re: Shinzo Abe has been assassinated
#2  July 08, 2022, 05:47:12 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I heard about it before leaving for work this morning. I always had the feeling he was one of the good guys in politics and as such was admired both in his country and abroad. RIP.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  July 08, 2022, 06:05:18 pm
  • SNK is life
I always had the feeling he was one of the good guys in politics and as such was admired both in his country and abroad.
Maybe not by all, as I'm learning this morning:

Some Dude on Twitter said:
Shinzo Abe is a right-wing nationalist and an apologist for Japan's myriad crimes including the sexual enslavement of Korean, Filipino, Chinese, and other women subjects of the Japanese Empire during the Second World War (i.e. "comfort women"). stop feeling bad.
Also, this one from a mangaka https://twitter.com/LegendBlueShirt/status/1545402696605335555?t=ry1qAd4FswOXaGZ4Tb4jNQ&s=08
#4  July 08, 2022, 06:22:30 pm
Yeah, he was far from a good guy, classic terrible right-winger, it's just that he was not a nutjob like we're used to in the West, he did actual politics and didn't deal in the crazy.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5  July 08, 2022, 06:37:06 pm
    • USA
it sucks that he got assassinated, but all politicians are corrupt, one way or another, so I don't feel as bad
#6  July 08, 2022, 08:01:15 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#7  July 08, 2022, 08:26:58 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
As a Korean, I can't say I agreed with many of the things he said about the history of the two nations...
But I feel disgusted that he was literally assassinated. People should communicate and participate in public discourse, not shoot another just because they hold a grudge.

I never thought I'd have to say this in all my life but, rest in peace Abe. Though he was a controversial figure, he wanted what's best for his country.
#8  July 10, 2022, 04:47:59 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I don't mind about what he did, but it was shocking to me that he was shot in a public street in middle of his campaign.

I mean, in Latin America this could be incredibly common why no one did that with Sebastian Piñera yet?, but not for a nation like Japan who stated to the whole world to be organized, safe and with 0 violence, that was shocking to see that thing on the news (I saw it there in local TV news)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
New #9  July 10, 2022, 08:34:16 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Lemme give you some context for the whole Abe and comfort women stuff.

This guy was Shinzo's maternal grandpa:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobusuke_Kishi

The wikipedia article is a wild read, but the gist of it is that Kishi was a drunken rapist who basically enslaved the Chinese population under his control and ran the place as a concentration camp. Keep in mind this was some 20 years before li'l Shinzo was even born.The gringos had Kishi pegged as a class A war criminal, but he was released because they thought he'd be a useful ally against the commies. And he was, spending most of his life as an influential politician in the LDP.

So having all of this in mind, for Shinzo Abe to denounce Japan's crimes during WW2 was basically the same as denouncing his own grandpa, despite de fact the American occupation forces and the contemporary Japanese society pretty much never condemned his actions.

That's pretty fucking awkward. I would not trust a man who throws his own grandpa under the bus to appease to the international community, and I suspect neither would the average Japanese voter.
Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 08:43:46 am by Foobs