YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18143847 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#281  August 14, 2015, 03:45:32 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The spine ripping was in the Ultimate universe, and probably wouldn't have worked on regular Wolverine (I think the explanation was that Ultimate Wolverine's actual spinal bones were made of metal, but the... uh... tendons? I don't know how spines work, but the stuff linking the bones together? That was still normal, and thus could be broken. I don't think the same is true of regular Wolverine, somehow. Boy this explanation was terrible!)

Would ripping out parts of the adamantium skeleton kill Wolverine or slow him down? If I remember, Magneto killed Wolverine one time by ripping the adamantium skeleton out of him. In Raiden's case, he can rip out a spine out of a cyborg and crush them for energy after slicing his victims to ribbons.
Magneto was only able to do so because he has control over metal on a subatomic level; anything less than that wouldn't be able to affect adamantium.

I dunno, I get the feeling this is going to be another composite deal.  Wolvy chilled out at the bottom of a lake with metal coils driven throughout him in Days of Future Past without drowning.  As long as they take the best of his survivability feats, I can't help but see this being Logan being turned in a pincushion, a "12 Hours Later" sign shows, then he just runs a battery drained Raiden through.
Well, he was technically dead, sorta? He was able to revive himself, but he wasn't visibly conscious, and even if the metal rebar had been removed he would still have been stuck at the bottom of that river. But even if that didn't work, Raiden still has options before he eventually runs out of battery. If he can't kill him with his sword, then he's not gonna just stay there stabbing Wolverine for hours on end. He could tie him up and drop him in a volcano, or into the ocean, or something!
#282  August 14, 2015, 04:04:26 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I think he meant tearing it out in the same manner Hulk tore the flesh between Logan's spine.  Though I did not know that changed between universes.  But...if even the flesh inside and between his bones is adamantium, how is he flexable at all?  He wouldn't be able to straighten out or lean over at all!

...Is that the real reason he's always pissed off?
#283  August 14, 2015, 04:06:49 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I think he meant tearing it out in the same manner Hulk tore the flesh between Logan's spine.  Though I did not know that changed between universes.  But...if even the flesh inside and between his bones is adamantium, how is he flexable at all?  He wouldn't be able to straighten out or lean over at all!

...Is that the real reason he's always pissed off?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I think the simple answer would be that he just adjusted to it over time. Remember that the only reason he was able to get the adimantium bonded with his bones was because of his healing factor. Other people they tried it on basically died instantly and we can assume from the weight along with HOLY SHIT MY BONES ARE BEING COVERED IN METAL.

I think some of you guys are underselling Wolverine. Yes, Raiden is stupid OP but that doesn't mean Death Battle wouldn't at least make the fight interesting.
#284  August 19, 2015, 06:45:14 am
  • The Goddess Returns
And Wolverine vs. Raiden is CONFIRMED...

Wolvie is fucked.

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#285  August 19, 2015, 06:58:36 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I feel as though Wolverine is going to win.

He's pretty much invincible. Don't get me wrong, Raiden's great and I like him better in a sincere way. (unlike wolverine who I mostly like ironically.)

Admittedly, I don't think wolverine can lift a huge Mech like Raiden but still.
Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:06:44 am by -Whiplash-
#286  August 19, 2015, 12:24:49 pm
finaly, a 3D fight (assuming there isn't sprites for Raiden somewhere). dis gonna be gud.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#287  August 19, 2015, 02:19:51 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Have you not seen the Deadpool vs Deathstroke, Link vs Cloud, hell even Superman vs Goku
#288  August 19, 2015, 03:39:44 pm
I'm just excited to see a new 3D fight, that's all.
#289  August 20, 2015, 03:21:50 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I think the simple answer would be that he just adjusted to it over time. Remember that the only reason he was able to get the adimantium bonded with his bones was because of his healing factor. Other people they tried it on basically died instantly and we can assume from the weight along with HOLY SHIT MY BONES ARE BEING COVERED IN METAL.
Well, you don't necessarily need a healing factor; Bullseye's spine was reinforced with strips of adamantium, and he's a normal-ass human. But that operation was performed by the guy who invented the adamantium-to-bone bonding process (an incomplete version of which was stolen by the Canadian government, and used on Wolverine). Of course, he wouldn't have survived having the metal completely covering his bones, but it is technically doable!

I feel as though Wolverine is going to win.

He's pretty much invincible. Don't get me wrong, Raiden's great and I like him better in a sincere way. (unlike wolverine who I mostly like ironically.)

Admittedly, I don't think wolverine can lift a huge Mech like Raiden but still.
I think what this is ultimately gonna come down to is whether Raiden can find a way to kill Wolverine, because I just can't imagine Wolverine ever, ever managing to get a single hit on the ridiculously fast, ludicrously strong Raiden.

lui

#290  August 20, 2015, 10:01:51 pm
    • USA
I'm just excited to see a new 3D fight, that's all.

here here! torian's animation on the most recent videos have for surely stepped up (boba vs samus, iron man vs lex, goku vs superman 2 and snake vs sam fisher are good visual examples) he just needs to work on the enviroments and the blood effects
#291  August 25, 2015, 01:04:56 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Luffy vs. Naruto One Minute Melee.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:03:49 am by Black Hatter
#292  August 25, 2015, 03:59:06 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I don't recall Luffy having a sonic scream, but then I dropped off when he was fighting Arliong.  Whom, like Orichimaru, I'm left to presume was in fact NOT the supreme bad guy they were made out to be.

Unless Orichimaru came back with that ninja zombie magic to prove he was behind everything the whole time, I dunno.
#293  August 25, 2015, 04:04:41 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
One MInute Melee takes a lot of liberties, I mean I also don't remember Ragna having Ingrid sunlight powers of teleportation no jiutsu.

Anyway Raiden is going to get bodied but if he doesn't it's probably because Sam's blade can cut through molecules which means he'll be able to slice through Wolverine's skeleton.
#294  August 25, 2015, 04:16:59 am
i liked how the makers of this video didn't go further with naruto's powers behind his battle with Pain. because he gets seriously broken OP after that, and it's probably why narutards are going crazy with the dislikes on that video.
I don't recall Luffy having a sonic scream.
that's a new power he discovered he had, he learned to control it in the recent time skip.
#295  August 25, 2015, 04:24:05 am
    • USA
People must not realize that OMM is meaningless.  There's no research and it's genuinely just an animated fanfic for no purpose other than to look cool.  Just look at Sonic beating Flash and all the weird out of character moments.  It's part of why I dislike OMM so much compared to Death Battle.  Well, that and the lack of based Wizard and Boomstick.
#296  August 25, 2015, 04:28:05 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
People must not realize that OMM is meaningless.  There's no research and it's genuinely just an animated fanfic for no purpose other than to look cool.  Just look at Sonic beating Flash and all the weird out of character moments.  It's part of why I dislike OMM so much compared to Death Battle.  Well, that and the lack of based Wizard and Boomstick.

I never really liked Death Battle due to Wizard and Boomstick TBH. I know that's how the show goes, but hell I usually skip it all, because I just wanna see the animated fights.

That said, I do agree with you on OMM. Some battles like Dio and Tohou hoe made me rage, and now hearing about that Sonic and Flash battle makes me want to rip my hair out.

Though Luffy did win like I expected him to, so eh.
This is a generic forum signature.
#297  August 25, 2015, 04:31:34 am
    • USA
Sakuya vs DIO was like one of the rare moments of OMM making sense and turning out exactly like DB would, since that result is exactly what would happen and the fight itself played out exactly like it would have otherwise.  That's part of why it's considered by far to be one of the better OMM episodes.  Sonic vs Flash was dumb because they were both out of character as shit and did pretty much nothing except run fast.  But whatever, it's OMM and those are rarely exciting. 

In case you missed it, Wolverine's preview is going up on Wednesday because Ben got sick and missed most of work last week.  Hope he feels better.
#298  August 25, 2015, 04:43:16 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
OMM don't do reserch at all, not even when it comes to character or personality , but really , not even death battle do character in an accurate way, Spider Man doesn't kill , but well, its a death battle , it has to end up with someone bitting the dust .
#299  August 25, 2015, 04:54:19 am
    • USA
It's literally in the rules of DB that all restraints on killing are removed.  Otherwise they wouldn't have Batman on the show at all.
#300  August 25, 2015, 05:01:44 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
You guys say Flash vs Sonic is the worst? Idk, Ragna vs Dante is kinda there (cause oh idk, the ending to how that fight turned out).