YesNoOk

Build 23469 (3/21) (Read 39139 times)

Started by FrantzX, March 21, 2009, 09:50:22 am
Build 23469 (3/21)
New #1  March 21, 2009, 09:50:22 am
    • code.google.com/p/xnamugen/
Get it Here!

Improvements:
Bug Fix - 'PalFx', "BGPalFx' & 'AllPalFx' behavior.
Bug Fix - Placement code for Explod, Helpers & Projectiles
Bug Fix - Projectiles going in the wrong direction
Bug Fix - Problem with blocking in attack distance
Bug Fix - Win icons were not cleared correctly.
Bug Fix - 'HitVelSet' state controller did not correctly set X axis velocity.
Bug Fix - Projectiles in remove state existed for one tick too long.
Bug Fix - 'BindToParent', 'BindToRoot', & 'BindToTarget' state controllers did not stop binding when helper bound to was removed.
Bug Fix - State controller option 'persistent' was not read as expression.
Bug Fix - 'PlayerPush' state controller did not do anything for helpers.
Bug Fix - 'AngleDraw' state controller incorrectly scaled Clsn boxes.
Bug Fix - 'GetHitVar(HitCount)' trigger returned same value as 'HitCount' trigger.
Bug Fix - 'NumProj' & 'NumProjID' triggers incorrectly returned SFalse instead of 0 when run by helpers.
Bug Fix - 'HitDefAttr' trigger.
Bug Fix - State controller option 'persistent' timing issues during hitpause.
Bug Fix - Drawing priority.
Bug Fix -'AfterImage' state controller where 'time' was set to -1
Improvement - Triggers are evaluated a little bit faster.
Improvement  - Projectile handling.
Improvement  - Faster expression system.
Added - 'Explod' & 'ModifyExplod' state controller options 'trans' & 'addalpha'.
Added - 'MatchOver' trigger.
Added - 'DrawGame' trigger.
Added - 'IsHomeTeam' trigger.
Added - 'CanRecover' trigger.
Added - Undocumented 'Alpha' for 'AfterImage' state controller.

Note: The Juggling system was disabled until I figure out how it works.

For the Next Version:
Bug Fix - Divide by zero & modulus by zero crash bug.
Bug Fix - Kill flag on hitdefs was not reset between rounds.
Bug Fix - 'StateTypeSet' state controller could not set Physics to None.
Bug Fix - Explods created by 'SuperPause' state controller did not 'OnTop' flag set.
Bug Fix - Afterimages.
Bug Fix - 'AnimElem' trigger during a pause.
Bug Fix - Projectiles removing when 'RemoveTime' was set to 1.
Bug Fix - Sliding on entering guard state.
Bug Fix - Physics handling was not frozen during hitshake.
Bug Fix - Parsing error for 'persistent' on state controllers.
Bug Fix - Projectiles did double damage.
Added - 'AssertSpecial' -> 'RoundNotOver'
Added - Combo counter.
Added - Fight Clock.
Added - Power Counter.
Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:15:12 am by FrantzX
Re: Build 23469 (3/21)
#2  March 21, 2009, 10:01:45 am
  • DAT SAX
Awesome. Will test this out ASAP.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#3  March 21, 2009, 10:27:46 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I hope you meant MatchOver because that's what MUGEN uses...

Anyway, will test sometime tomorrow (or later today, rather).
Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:32:37 am by Jesuszilla
#4  March 21, 2009, 10:32:26 am
#5  March 21, 2009, 10:33:58 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Really quick one, this has come back in blackheart
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
FrantzX Edit: FIXED. I knew I forgot a thing or two rewriting the expression system.

Sprpriority for explods created by superpause should be classed as ontop
FrantzX Edit: FIXED. I did not know that.

Projectiles, back to working right, and the removal fix is good too.

Assertspecial> roundnotover currently not implemented?
FrantzX Edit: FIXED

Sounds will continue on round end into the menu system.
FrantzX Edit: FIXED.

For some odd reason in round 2 all attacks are being classed as knock upwards.
FrantzX Edit: FIXED. The kill flag was not being reset correctly.

Doesn't work.
FrantzX Edit: FIXED. I had a check preventing Physics from being set to None.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:17:02 pm by FrantzX
#6  March 21, 2009, 11:11:15 am
  • DAT SAX
Works even more awesome than ever.

General

- All attacks in the second round get an upwards y vel for some reason You fixed this. :sugoi:

Tron

- There are lots of little gaps in where Servbots should be spawning during Lunch Rush. If there was a hit counter, I could properly see if all 41 hits are being done.
FrantzX Edit: Character Bug. (See 1st post on 2nd page)
FrantzX Edit: The move works correctly when bug is fixed.
Ishida-Uryuu Edit: FIXED

- Got an error when trying to do Bonne Strike (QCF + K) on a downed opponent. No clue what causes this.

Kim

- Can't combo with any basics
- Opponent still moves before the hitpause is over on the last kick of Hou'ou Kyaku

Barns

- For Exe Breaker, or moves that end with an Exe Breaker, the electric spike still moves during the kick (you said it was fixed >:P:) Actually, this seems to be my fault. Disregard this.
- Damage dampening works now yay!
- You posted this in the last thread regarding my Barns' PalFX problems

FrantzX edit: This is the PalFx state controller is question, in state #820[State 0, PalFXWiz]
type = PalFX
trigger1 = AnimElem = 3
time = 10
add = -104,-104,100
mul = 256,256,256
sinadd = 56,56,0,0;<-- The second zero here causes a division by zero error.WinMugen just ignores this line while xnaMugen tells you you did something wrong. Just remove this line.
invertall = 1
color = 0
Note: You use that 'sinadd' a few times for Burai. Remove all instances of it. It won't make any changes to the palette effect.

And that worked, but it doesn't explain my problem with all of his effects that have afterimages (practically all of them) turning black.

Burai

- Blue balls during special hitsparks and air dash create this bubble thing around them which is probably caused by their afterimages

- Throw direction still changes when holding forward during regular forward throw (F + Y)
FrantzX Edit: Character Bug. (See 2nd post on 2nd page)
FrantzX Edit: The move works correctly when bug is fixed.
Ishida-Uryuu Edit: FIXED

- 2nd backwards dust explod is created during the hitpause of HCB + Y

It may be hard to see, but there's a second dust explod under that one there by his foot.

FrantzX edit: FIXED
- Wall bounce explod during any move that bounces the opponent off the wall seems lower than it should be
Ishida-Uryuu Edit: Character Bug. FIXED
- Opponent still bounces off the wall twice when doing QCF + A against the wall (posfreeze issue)

This is feeling more and more like MUGEN with every update.
I could've sworn some things even felt better than they did in regular MUGEN as well! :o

If I could give you money, favors, gifts, or anything, I would. But all I can give is my thanks, and some feedback. ;)

EDIT: Also FrantzX, do you think it would be too much trouble to make a key or legend for how each key on the keyboard corresponds to how it would be assigned in the config file? I want to assign certain buttons to certain functions, but I'm clueless about certain ones, because there are keys like tilde which are Oemtilde, which I have no idea what that means.

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:01:04 pm by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
#7  March 21, 2009, 05:27:36 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Note: The Juggling system was disabled until I figure out how it works.

This is interesting, does any creation worth it's salt (juggling wise) actually use the mugen juggle system properly ?

You can ask for help on how it works from the guys that made that I personally gave up and made a custom juggle system using the nojugglecheck assert special and a var.
#8  March 21, 2009, 07:27:06 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
K.O.D uses MUGEN's default juggling, I believe. How the hell he did it, I don't know. I could NEVER get MUGEN's juggling to work.
#9  March 21, 2009, 07:36:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The question can also be: would someone complain if the juggle engine on xnamugen was different from mugen's ?

about mugen's the only things that I know that work are:

nojugglecheck makes it so you can always juggle regardless of juggle points.
once you makep2 fall, your points are active.
if your current juggle points are less than the ones the current move requires you can't hit p2.

that's about it, juggle points reseting and what not do not seem to work ina  dependable manner.
#10  March 21, 2009, 10:17:02 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I used mugen's juggle system in rikuo as well.

Juggling
M.U.G.E.N allows for certain moves to "juggle", that is, to hit opponents who have been knocked into the air, or are lying down on the ground. The juggling system works this way: each person starts with a set number of juggle "points" on the first hit that makes them fall, typically 15.
Some quick terminology: when we say a player is "falling", then we mean he does not recover control in the air, and will fall onto the ground.
If a player is hit while he is in the falling in the air or lying down on the ground, then his juggle points will decrease by an amount depending on the attack. When an attack requires more juggle points than the opponent has left, then the attack will miss. Any move that causes the opponent to fall immediately subtracts its juggle points on the first hit.
For example, an attack that requires 7 juggle points could theoretically be used to juggle the opponent twice (assuming you started with 15 points), leaving the opponent with 1 point left. Subsequent such attacks will miss.
The reason for this juggle system is to prevent infinite combos in the air.
That lot is all true. It also seems to take effect on ground moves during combo's as well. If a move has too many juggle points for how many you have left, it won't connect. ALSO a first hit for ground moves will hit, regardless of juggle points.

In some ways i think the system broke in the transfer to winmugen just like defencemulset. Judging by the docs, juggling should only be in effect for aerial moves, the fact that it works on ground moves at all strikes me as a bug rather than a feature. Ground moves are relatively easy to prevent infinites by setting your hitdefs up properly, air, you tend to be able to bounce p2 around so it's more important.

Like defencemulset, in this situation do you want it to act as mugen does now, or when it worked correctly?

Edit:
- Got an error when trying to do Bonne Strike (QCF + K) on a downed opponent. This is probably because those hitdefs use the undocumented L hitdef attribute, meaning lying down.
Ishida...
It's going to be something else. The one that isn't documented is P for projectile. P can be applied to any attack, projectile or not and it will allow it to hit any projectile (that's projectile, not helper used as one) with a clsn2 box. This is different to the attr setting which takes NP, SP, HP.

I would point out that with hitflags in order to hit D you also need to have F in your hitflag. This is shitty, but recreate it if you wish.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:30:51 pm by Cyanide
#11  March 21, 2009, 10:39:58 pm
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
Using KFM on KFM, if I killed him in the first round which his D,F, DF, Punch, following round, all his basic punches and kicks will have the same propeties as the KFM uppercut. His uppercut will kinda have same properites with that of his basic attacks. Not sure if it was related to the juggle stuff.
Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:21:36 am by FrantzX
#12  March 21, 2009, 10:43:43 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
^
That is

For some odd reason in round 2 all attacks are being classed as knock upwards.
FrantzX Edit: FIXED. The kill flag was not being reset correctly.

New #13  March 21, 2009, 11:12:02 pm
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
I should read more :/

Well For ESF_Andy Mkvssf Chameleon.
If you manged to throw an opponent from the back, the opponent will be thrown the opposite direction.

His spear move dont work the way it should.

Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:52:21 am by Cloudius
#14  March 21, 2009, 11:59:11 pm
  • DAT SAX
Ishida...
It's going to be something else. The one that isn't documented is P for projectile. P can be applied to any attack, projectile or not and it will allow it to hit any projectile (that's projectile, not helper used as one) with a clsn2 box. This is different to the attr setting which takes NP, SP, HP.

I would point out that with hitflags in order to hit D you also need to have F in your hitflag. This is shitty, but recreate it if you wish.

Ah, my bad, mistook not-highlighted-in-fighter-factory for undocumented. :P

EDIT: Ah crap, also mistook L for D. Fuck. :XD:

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:11:41 am by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
#15  March 22, 2009, 01:49:01 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Tested.

Felicia
  • Sand Splash FX still look like dust... Check the previous thread for screens.
  • Hitspark problem with parrying. Select P-Groove and make Felicia parry a move in xnaMUGEN and compare it to what happens in regular MUGEN to see what I mean. Probably an issue with pause or something.
  • Tested this with P1 and P2 being Felicia. Have one standing close to the other, but far away enough to not get hit, then have one mash LP while the other guards. She goes in and out of the guard state rather than stay in it, and she slides into the guard state, which should not happen.
FrantzX Edit: I just tried this myself. I saw the same flicking in & out of the guard state in both xnaMugen & WINMugen.
FrantzX Edit: The sliding is FIXED.
  • Delta Kick's X velocity is... Er... o_O Well... It looks like it's either being set too little or not at all.
  • I can't seem to chain at all. In addition, I can perform no follow-ups to Rolling Scratch. Follow-ups to Rolling Buckler look too... loose.
FrantzX Edit: FIXED (Rolling Scratch follow-up)
  • Having the same problem as Cyanide. Every hitdef seems to make the opponent go up in round 2.
  • Have Felicia hit the opponent with Delta Kick while it's going up. Too many dust explods appear.
  • For some reason, she can trip the opponent after she's knocked them down with Delta Kick, which should not happen.
Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:54:28 pm by FrantzX
#16  March 23, 2009, 08:28:27 am
  • DAT SAX
Hey, FrantzX, if it helps any, all of my chars use something like this for chaining:

trigger2 = movecontact && (stateno = [200, 235]) && (stateno != [220,225])

or

trigger2 = hitdefattr = SC,NA && movecontact

Maybe you should investigate the movecontact or hitdeffattr trigger or the usage of [] ranges for stateno? Everyone seems to be having problems chaining.

My MUGEN shit:
#17  March 23, 2009, 08:38:27 am
- Wall bounce explod during any move that bounces the opponent off the wall seems lower than it should be

I was just working on this. Here is the state controller that creates & positions the wall bounce helper:[State 1027, Spark]
type = Helper
triggerall = numenemy
trigger1 = !numhelper(1995)
trigger1 = var(13) = 1
name = "Wall Hit"
stateno = 1995
id = 1995
pos = -7, -(enemynear, floor(screenpos y)-145) <-- Here is the problem.
facing = -1
postype = front
sprpriority = 3
ignorehitpause = 1

-(enemynear, floor(screenpos y)-145) does not do what you think it does.

WinMugen applies the 'EnemyNear' redirection trigger to the 'Floor' trigger & NOT TO THE 'SCREENPOS' TRIGGER!! The screen position used is not the closest enemy, it is you own.

That's why the helper is not positioned correctly in xnaMugen: xnaMugen applies the redirection to the whole subexpression, using the screen position of the closest enemy.

Once you remove the 'EnemyNear' redirection trigger, WinMugen & xnaMugen do the exact same thing.
Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:49:45 am by FrantzX
#18  March 23, 2009, 08:46:51 am
  • DAT SAX
Hmm...interesting. What would happen if I enclosed floor(screenpos y)-145 in another set of parenthesis?

Disregard that, was informed that my using of screenpos was retarded.

Changing it to (floor(enemynear, pos y)-50) does the trick. You could change it to that if you want. :)

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:57:04 am by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
#19  March 23, 2009, 08:49:00 am
#20  March 23, 2009, 08:51:28 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I was just about to post that blast you  ;P

I vote for keeping this method of working. Looks silly to me for winmugen's method to actually work.