YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 634520 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - Dhalsim
#81  May 16, 2017, 03:14:22 am
  • Was it something I said?
Hey all. An update on Dhalsim. All is pretty much done, A.I. included. Even Sally's ready to watch the fight with config included! I'm just waiting on the Midnight Bliss sprites from Hatter. In the meantime, I'll update Iori a bit by giving him a config of his own. (Just for his Lvl. 3 Supers, since I remember someone asking about it, having one or both) and his A.I.
#82  May 16, 2017, 04:30:32 am
  • Niigasan
cant wait man
#83  May 16, 2017, 04:43:21 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
And slowly we're about to have the entire CvS2 roster converted to PoTS style, looking forward your Dhalsim.
Lasagna
#84  May 16, 2017, 05:41:22 am
Except for Raiden...nothing of worth will be lost without him.
#85  May 16, 2017, 06:34:31 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
#86  May 16, 2017, 06:49:15 am
#87  May 16, 2017, 07:47:02 am
Chang, Raiden, Todoh. and Vega (claw)
#88  May 16, 2017, 08:00:52 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Well, if we'll summarize, there is still NO in P.o.T.S. style:
-Raiden.
-Chang.
-Maki.
-Kyosuke (And NO, CFJ2 chars and edits of them DOESN'T count... At all. Even Infinite's Variation of P.o.T.S. style is closer, even if we got some unchangable difference there, like "LVL1 => LVL1").
-Zangief (The same. But I heard, someone is making him...).
-Vega (Claw, WIP of Varo).
-Yun Lee (Well, this one I easily could miss...)
-Hibiki Takane (Too...).
-Nakoruru (P.o.T.S.'s one is much more custom).
-Normal Rugal?
-Ryuhaku Todoh.
----------------------------------------------------
Also... Just addition...
Chars, made in Infinite's variation of P.o.T.S. style or in any INPROPER way, which makes them different from Proper/Classic P.o.T.S. style OR DW Style:
-...RYU (Yes, we still don't have M-F*cking RYU in CLEAR P.o.T.S. style, even though we got EVIL Ryu in DW Style by Victorys. But we DO have a great edit by MWRYLY, so...).
-Yamazaki (Inf.ver.).
-Benimaru (Inf.ver.).
-Yuri (by Quickfist, Inf.ver.).
-Terry (Well, he DO feels like proper P.o.T.S. style char, but some stuff like unability to combo supers at all makes him not so proper).
-God Rugal (Mr.Ansatsuken's edit is fine, but nope...).
-Dan (Inf.Ver.).
-Also I don't believe to my own Balrog... Even though he CAN'T combo LVL1 into LVL1 and so on...
----------------------------------------------------
All THESE chars are just listed here. If you DO want to count them as P.o.T.S. style- go on. After all, I'm NOT sayin' they ARE BAD. I just sayin' that they ARE too different for me to count as CLEAR P.o.T.S. styled.
And yes, I DO call DW style as a proper, cause it's ONLY massive difference with clear P.o.T.S. is MAX Mode. All in all it's the same system, like Genesis and Mega Drive.
So, yeah... For CvS based style P.o.T.S. style doesn't have a big part of it roster.
Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:19:06 am by Trololo
#89  May 16, 2017, 08:27:08 am
I did a Infinite Kyosuke edit a while back
#90  May 16, 2017, 09:10:00 am
    • USA
Boryema was working on an Infinite Raiden
#91  May 16, 2017, 10:10:22 am
The infinite stuff plays nothing like POTS style, its style over substance for me. Trololo, POTS made a Dan and  Yuri dude.
Mwrly edits are also on POTS Ryu.
#92  May 16, 2017, 10:19:52 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
The infinite stuff plays nothing like POTS style, its style over substance for me. Trololo, POTS made a Dan and  Yuri dude.
Mwrly edits are also on POTS Ryu.

Yes, he did made, but they are not in style of his Cammy and Honda. They are like his Ryu, which is also different from what we're calling P.o.T.S. style. Play with three of them, and you will find out, that they ARE different, and fuse is not only about hitsparks.
#93  May 16, 2017, 10:35:15 am
I have and still do, I get what you mean though, but all the mechanincs are there, they have excel and can super cancel.
I do understand where you're coming from though, Dan can super cancel a level 1 into a level 1 and stuff.
Its not just these though, we miss  a dicklaod of chars on both sides, its not worth counting tbh, lets take'em as they come.

Knucks, cant wait to try Dhalsim out bro.
Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:43:34 am by PeXXeR
#94  May 16, 2017, 10:44:32 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Not only.
There is a almost feelfree super-chaining, abilities to combo into specials and supers even after connecting far standings and airbourne normals and by itself more orientation in way of supers not on their multileveling, but on their NUMBER. There is a looooooots of LVL1 supers of all kinds, but almost no MAX for them, instead having as LVL2 different moves, so THIS style is less pressed into something close to beign "like it's ripped from some kind of unknown to us game".
And yes... System effects, system sounds and the Infamous Hitsparks... Those ARE really different styles.
Edit: what Dan exactly was you talking about? I was about Dan, Ryu and Yuri by P.o.T.S.
Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:58:39 am by Trololo

lui

#95  May 16, 2017, 08:18:46 pm
    • USA
*useless pots discussion*

I'm sorry but who the fuck are you to tell us that pots ryu isn't actually proper? how are you saying that pots' ryu isn't actually pots when it was actually made by, yknow, pots? pots changed his style over the years which is why his ryu is so different, its STILL pots style because it was made BY pots.
 you cant tell us that it's not actually *clear* pots style because that just sounds disrespectful to the shit he started.
 you don't even get the style down right yourself. as far as I know, pots style made by him is pots style and just because it doesn't have those shiny hitsparks and level 2's that you all love so much it means that it isn't considered that.
#96  May 16, 2017, 08:33:46 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
When people talk about the house style, they're commonly referring to the style used in the last set of the original author's characters

POTS, of course, changed his style constantly

His Hsien-ko, for instance, wouldn't be what is considered the house style today

Of course, this is all hugely off-topic and doesnt really belong in this WIP topic for a completely different author's set of characters
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#97  May 16, 2017, 11:56:11 pm
Look, I'm not the guy who like these kind of arguments, but I'd assume it'd go down just the same if I did characters in another style (MvC2 for example.)

I just like doing it because it appeals to me, and is one reason why I started this, you have POTS to thank for that, even with his old creations such as Ryu, Guy, Shin Gouki, Hsien-Ko and creative ones like Karin whom didn't have a new set like she does in SF5.

And yeah, this is completely off topic.

Also, thanks to those whom are eager for Dhalsim. I would've liked a few more palettes, but I had a plan for the colors of Midnight Bliss.

Edit: I feel so bad for Raiden not getting any love. Maybe.....
Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:37:09 am by Knuckles8864
#98  May 17, 2017, 12:06:33 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
I can make some more palettes including for Midnight Bliss if you want. The Midnight Bliss' template was that one you talked about the CS right? Can I use it for palettes?
Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:47:18 am by L.E.O.N
#99  May 17, 2017, 02:02:23 am
Walrus, there's no need for that dude, again trololo has a point, they play differently even though the base is the same.

As for Pals, I tried doing like two I fucked up misrably, then other people started posting theirs and were way better then mine so I decided to scrap them. :/

Leon is pal beast  anyway so he has that.
#100  May 18, 2017, 03:19:24 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
I'm not a pal beast man, i'm far away from that, still need a lot of learning in shading styles and improvement in color combination, but thank you for the compliment anyway.  ;D