YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1515989 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#2741  January 02, 2016, 02:57:36 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
It's been out for a week now. The game barely sold 24,000 on the first day. That and the fact that it's a niche rpg who's target fanbase is on a different console means it's not going to have a huge boost in sales. It's going to take a miracle for it to reach 100,000.
#2742  January 06, 2016, 03:04:54 am

BOXBOY TWO *jumps*

it's out right now in japan so america can't be far off
Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:14:19 am by Titiln
#2743  January 06, 2016, 04:03:53 pm
    • Peru
Cool, I just finished the first one and really liked it.
#2744  January 08, 2016, 03:30:34 am
this is a bit old but http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/01/06/nintendo-nx-reveal-june/
Research firm Nomura Securities has published a report that makes several large claims about Nintendo’s next home console, the much discussed NX. According to the report, Nintendo is planning to unveil the concept of the console between March and May, and the actual console will be shown off for the first time in June.

Nomura also made claims that further support the idea of the platform being a handheld/console hybrid. Much has been read into this speculation so far, and Nomura would go on to say that the NX will “cannibalize” the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U markets. The report caused Nintendo’s stock to drop 5 percent.
oh shit
#2745  January 08, 2016, 08:56:40 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
This can't be mere speculation if it affected Nintendo's stock right?
#2746  January 08, 2016, 02:10:47 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Terrifying.

From the creator(s) of the incredibly popular Meme Run comes a new game of pure dank memery.

In all seriousness, I wonder when this one'll get pulled from the eshop.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2747  January 08, 2016, 02:23:54 pm
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
Terrifying.

From the creator(s) of the incredibly popular Meme Run comes a new game of pure dank memery.
[youtube]3no3T6QH0BQ[/youtube]
In all seriousness, I wonder when this one'll get pulled from the eshop.

I can't say I'm surprised that it managed to get a sequel and I still won't be if its pulled.
Current Status: N/A
#2748  January 08, 2016, 02:38:03 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
If anyone remembers the ALBW Link Figma that was announced a while back it's finally up for Pre-order there's two different version a deluxe edition and regular one, the deluxe edition includes the extra accessories Tornado Rod, Hookshot, Bomb, a Baby Maiamai, a Rupee and a Pot in addition to the Master Sword, Hylian Shield and Wall Merged Link. Looks absolutely amazing should be coming out in October.
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5437/figma+Link+A+Link+Between+Worlds+ver.html
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5436/figma+Link+A+Link+Between+Worlds+ver+DX+Edition.html
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 02:43:44 pm by Girard
#2749  January 08, 2016, 04:25:37 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
What an amazing figma. :o
#2750  January 09, 2016, 05:19:47 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
So this is a weird question and IDK where else to ask, but does anyone know if the amiibo functionality for Shovel Knight is going to come to the Steam version? I'm not particularly keen to buying another copy of SK just for the amiibo goods, but if that's the only way...

Forgive me if this isn't a good place to ask this, IDK where else to
#2751  January 09, 2016, 05:27:29 am
probably not. i think the amiibo stuff is exclusive to nintendo, like how microsoft got battletoads and sony got kratos

by the way it's a load of shit that a feature as big as co-op is locked behind a fucking figure most people won't ever get the chance to buy
Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:31:19 am by Titiln
#2752  January 09, 2016, 05:59:19 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Blargh, guess I'm buying ANOTHER FUCKING COPY of Shovel Knight next paycheck because amiibo junk.

Oh well, it's only like $25 on 3DS and apparently a bunch of Gamestops here have the amiibo
#2753  January 09, 2016, 06:40:46 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
by the way it's a load of shit that a feature as big as co-op is locked behind a fucking figure most people won't ever get the chance to buy
On the contrary, it's not as rare as it looks like it's going to be

Yacht Club Games' website said:
On that note, if you’re interested in picking up the Shovel Knight amiibo, then we’d like to implore you to wait for it to release in your territory. There will be plenty and it will not be a limited run, so please don’t feel pressured into importing or buying from scalpers. Don’t spend more than the retail price! Also, keep in mind the new Shovel Knight amiibo features will not function on your game system in your territory until the listed release date. Thank you everyone for your patience!
Plus after playing with it, the amiibos are actually a necessity since they store your custom info so that when you co-op, you carry those abilities and customs over with you.

* Jango Brown goes back to playing with wolf-whistling fish-headed Shovel Knight
Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:44:46 am by Jango Brown
#2754  January 10, 2016, 12:30:52 am
only one of the retailers around here has an entry for the shovel knight amiibo and it doesn't even have a release date or a price. carrying your data around in a figure is a nice option, but there's no reason it couldn't have been done locally
#2755  January 10, 2016, 12:44:50 am
    • USA
Amiibos as a whole are a fucked up idea. It's basically paid DLC except you have to get up your ass one more time and get another physical piece of crap in order to gain access to stuff (And that's if the store you're going to even has it to begin with) and sometimes it's stuff that's pretty important to the overall experience like extra characters and coop mode like in this case (EVERY version should have that!).

I'd rather pay $5 or so and unlock the stuff forever on my Wii U account than depend on yet another thing that could get stolen/broken/malfunction. We got rid of memory cards and some consoles and services even support cloud saving yet Nintendo decides to save the info inside these toys lol what the fuck.
#2756  January 10, 2016, 01:09:01 am
i don't mind amiibo exclusive content because it's mostly very optional stuff. huge games like smash and kart use them for ai partners and mii costumes.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility

it was a step up from what disney and activision were doing (get the figures that are compatible with only one game series or go fuck yourself). even then some nintendo games put significant content behind amiibos (fire emblem characters in codename steam), but shovel knight is the biggest offender right now
#2757  January 10, 2016, 01:39:59 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
#2758  January 10, 2016, 06:55:55 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Thanks to artificial scarcity.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#2759  January 10, 2016, 08:21:39 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Saying Nintendo is selling amiibos by intentionally producing small amounts of them is stupid. The only people that are benefitting from that are the scalpers, Nintendo never makes more than whatever the retail price is.
#2760  January 10, 2016, 10:25:15 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
It ensures continued demand, since people are going to buy them immediately when they know that they might become unavailable soon. Otherwise they might hold out on buying them, knowing that they can buy them anytime in the future. Eventually they could lose interest without having bought a single Amiibo.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller