YesNoOk

Next CPS3 conversion project. Demitri (Read 34635 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, August 04, 2014, 03:22:15 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Which character would you like to see converted?

Sagat
8 (6.3%)
M.Bison
46 (36.2%)
Demitri
53 (41.7%)
Morrigan
20 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Re: Next CPS3 conversion project.
#121  August 20, 2014, 04:18:27 am
    • Argentina
I'm sorry for this offtopic, Ink.

I have no idea, ShinZankuro. He has an account here too, so maybe you can drop him a PM if nobodoy knows.
#122  August 20, 2014, 06:00:37 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
May be due to preliminary nature of animation as it stands, but linework seems to bounce around a lot. Muscle definition, visual markers like tie knot moving around moreso than expected during frames where no real movement for those parts taking place. While some muscle expansion and contraction is to be expected, the tendons and muscles move oddly in some frames. Including a version with some parts of the upper torso tweaked for more stable movement and to match certain parts of eFex's original take which seems to have been referenced.
#123  August 20, 2014, 08:09:19 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Wow, you really cleaned that up a lot for me! This is going to save me a some time. Thanks Rolento!

Hopefully we can keep this kind of community help going.
#124  August 20, 2014, 03:42:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
On the boots, yes that's just how his boots are and how they shape around him in source.
#125  August 20, 2014, 03:43:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Reminder, he's naked.
All his clothes are projections of his powers, hence how strange they are, he is basically wearing a nobleman vest made of spandex.
#126  August 20, 2014, 06:18:07 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Now that you mention it, the same is probably true of Jedah given that his clothes liquefy and morph along with his body. Add in all the characters who don't even make a pretense of wearing clothes, and a large portion of the Darkstalkers cast is naked.
#127  August 20, 2014, 06:32:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Jedah was probably wearing clothes , because they dont change with powers at all, his wings are also an artifact that float behind him. Demitri aura less is straight up a demon in the buff.
rikuo: nekkid
sasquatch: naked
felicia: naked
morrigan: clothes are part of power projection( can change clothes on whim so  they are fake)
lilith: same
Demitri: naked
pyron: nekkid
huitzil: naked
Qbee::naked
talbain: clothed
bishamon: clothed, technically he is the clothes
donovan: clothed
hsienko: clothed
bbhood: clothed
Victor: clothed
jedah: clothes are probably real but liquefy along with him
raptor clothed

Nine nudist characters, eight clothed characters.  Nudist wins :P

#128  August 20, 2014, 07:11:13 pm
  • The Answer Lies in Chun-li's cooking...
    • Japan
Okay, please check over the proportions of this guy. Old one on the left new one on the right.

Obviously this is one step back but its getting closer and closer.

I did keep his boot/feet the same. After looking over all of the SFIII characters with shoes on, I found that they don't seem to follow solid rules. Remy for example has the biggest feet of any character! But seriously, this character is for MFG so just let me know if you guys disagree. I personally think it will look great as is.

He looks good, but seeing as SF3 was a step up for character designs maybe you should have him breathe slower, or at a steady pace (Who the hell breathes that fast) I think he only inhaled/exhaled that fast in his original sprite was due to keep the game exciting to the players...It just looks ridiculous and always has.
#129  August 20, 2014, 09:52:33 pm
    • USA
This breathing is actually a lot faster then what I plan on it being and this is just to get the breathing cycle down. There will be a longer pause before his breath and at the peak. It looks much better that way plus his hands look pretty silly this way.

This will give me time to have him move his fingers in between breaths too.

Similar to Urien/Gill's breathing.
Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:56:46 pm by ink
#130  August 20, 2014, 11:07:38 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Realistically, animation timing is likely not final; would even suggest adding in an extra frame somewhere, although not sure where yet. Might also be fixed up once the cape animation gets included and things would be differently spaced out anyways.
#131  August 21, 2014, 02:23:24 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com

Yes I am replying to myself here, but I think anyone would agree this is a relevant update to the above; Would suggest doing cape animation on its own layer, as well as his aura for that matter.
#132  August 21, 2014, 02:29:20 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Yes I am replying to myself here, but I think anyone would agree this is a relevant update to the above; Would suggest doing cape animation on its own layer, as well as his aura for that matter.

For the cape, You could probably resize and recolor Demitiri's cape and aura with CPS3 colors.
This is a generic forum signature.
#133  August 21, 2014, 02:40:49 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Aura can just be one color and either palFX or remappal should do the trick with the color changing.
#134  August 21, 2014, 02:43:46 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Indeed, aura doesnt have to be extra detailed. 3 shades at most if you want to give some sort of detail... or just 2.
Chilling
#135  August 21, 2014, 02:44:00 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Very nice. I'm liking the subtle movement on the tie and the detail on the cuffs.
#136  August 21, 2014, 03:04:59 am
    • USA

Very nice! I see a few things I am going to mess with, I will post it as soon as I finish working on it.

Thought I would say so incase anyone else is working on it also. no need to do double work.
#137  August 21, 2014, 03:31:10 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
A suggestion, when making his aura, dont make it a whole thing that cover the whole of his body. Svc dealt away with this leaving only the trails on top marking the existence of the aura and it looked way better.
#138  August 21, 2014, 03:48:08 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
What? SvC had the aura covering his whole body too, just like Darkstalkers. :-\
#139  August 21, 2014, 03:52:02 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you are right i misremembered, the aura was done using one more shade and it flowed way better.

I thought that the aura was absent from the legs and cape and was only present on the top.

Its still way better than what capcom did with it.
#140  August 21, 2014, 03:52:37 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It's the same damn thing Capcom did! >:[