Saisyu Released!
#1  January 15, 2014, 08:21:46 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Re: Saisyu Released!
#2  January 15, 2014, 08:23:42 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
testing right now! thanks for the release Lurker!
#3  January 15, 2014, 08:34:51 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
You released him  :yippi:

Will put him trough a test run once I'm off work.
The beta was awesome so the final should be even better! Great job Lurker!
#4  January 15, 2014, 08:35:15 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
And yet another person has become a part of the cvs movement!

Can't wait to play with this guy! Thanks for the release for this is really one that I was looking forward too.

(Hurries up to open V-Select so I can decide to put him near sub boss tier, or boss tier 1,2,or 3 hmmm)

I guess I will have to make Heidern now that you made him :-)
#5  January 15, 2014, 08:50:07 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
finally a cvs infinite style of Saisyu. 8D Thanks You For the Released.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#6  January 15, 2014, 09:24:52 pm
  • No guts No glory..
I just saw what i will convert next after shermie.....and that other thing you don't expect me to do
#7  January 15, 2014, 09:32:29 pm
  • Raging Fist
OMFG YES!
this is amazing!! Ive wanted to see a POTS styled Saisyu and now I got a perfect rival for gouken :3 Thank you!
#8  January 15, 2014, 09:32:59 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
Nice, downloading now. Thanks for the sharing.
#9  January 15, 2014, 09:34:02 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
This is a keeper thanks for the release Lurker. I was just curious did you ever think about having ( Akai Ten Barai ) super hit your opponent while he/she is on the ground.
#10  January 15, 2014, 09:47:02 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Hey Lurker, Good job on Saisyu so far.

some feedback
-His forward and back super jump seem really low compared to his neutral.
-He appears to be standing in the air during back dash.
-All normals have high priority.
-Mediums couching and standing attacks could use better frame advantage.
-720 Shiki Homuragasane follow up doesn't combo correctly off of it's cancel.
-He is invincible the whole Akai Ten Barai attack.
-Is his clsn during the Orochnagi charge supposed to be that way?
-Akai Ten Barai hitspark is off.
-This happens after trip in Hatsgane throw.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DW

#11  January 15, 2014, 10:12:17 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
-Your throws and his EX HCB+ Kick move need width applied to them. Otherwise, you get oddness like this...

-There's no limitation on his projectiles, Meaning he can throw as many as he wants. A slow recovery time from throwing them doesn't compensate for this.
I also don't understand the EX version of this. It's only 1 point stronger than the MP version, weaker than the HP version, cause one hit and knocks down p2... I don't understand.

-When super canceling from his attacks that have fire FX, your FX stay from the previous specials. When they should not.

-NONE of your hits add to the hitcount var. Did you not check this with the debug info turned on? Use ctrl+D to display it. I don't see what you did to make that not work... :-\ I can understand for grapple hits, as you have to add them manually. Though normal hits should add to it. You need to fix that.

-Rolling fwd/back vels are way too high. He can roll almost half the length of the screen.

some feedback
-His forward and back super jump seem really low compared to his neutral.
-Mediums couching and standing attacks could use better frame advantage.
-720 Shiki Homuragasane follow up doesn't combo correctly off of it's cancel.
-He is invincible the whole Akai Ten Barai attack.
-Akai Ten Barai hitspark is off.
-This happens after trip in Hatsgane throw.

-^All of this. His clsns are fine, namely because he used Vans' Saisyu AIR. They're accurate to w/e KOF he's from, though KOF has high priority in general with their attacks. That's usually compensated with extended recovery frames and all. Still, his frame advantage/disadvantages are all over the place. Far s.MK leaves him at +1, while close s.MK leaves him at +9... That's just one of many examples. Compensation needs to be made for the playstyle you're trying to adapt him to.

-Backwards dash vels feel strange. Pretty short and seems to stop in mid air before landing.

-Vels for his F+MK command normal feel rushed and strange.

I'm not very familiar with Saisyu. Though in general, he still needs a lot of work and feels strange. I'm sure someone else who knows more about him will speak on what he should and shouldn't be doing.
#12  January 15, 2014, 10:25:02 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
The whole point of CvS is keeping the essence of the character and adapting it to a whole new system, this did not accomplish any of this.

Have you even played with Saisyu? Serious question.

- HCB+K is ridiculous, he has lower body invincibility and it's super cancelable. This is a 3 frame overhead that doesn't even have a distinct animation.
- What.is.the.point.of.custom.combo. It feels really sluggish, his buffering screws up during it (QCB+P x2 won't even work anymore). I don't get it.
- What is up with his hop back velocities? That feels horrible.
- His Yami Barai kills super projectiles, but I'm not surprised:

- Far MP comes out in two frames and has ridiculous boxes. Best basic ever.
- LET'S SINK

- Do you even know how CvS sounds are supposed to work? Each sound is supposed to play whenever a foot touches the ground, but nobody really does that anymore apparently.
- QCB+P can't even destroy his own projectile. I mean, that's kind of like the point of the first input of that move. :|
- 2xQCF+P is misaligned because the posadds are not there.
- Apparently I am hitting the air:

- What's the point of the EX projectile? He doesn't even recover faster or anything. The projectile goes at the same speed... I don't get it.
- Nice head.pos

Okay I'm gonna stop right here.

Clearly you have NOT played too much with Saisyu and attempting a system conversion at that stage is ridiculous.

I'm gonna go ahead and say this too: most of the characters in this "style" substitute good design and programming for pretty effects and "COUNTER!" explods. This is not how it works.

If there's interest in learning how to get better at CNS coding you have to go back to basics, doing a proper CvS character is not easy .

I'm also under the impression that people keep neglecting data from the game, do you guys know how PotS made his original characters? He actually studied every single game he referenced, down to the core. Doing this properly requires understanding how the original system was made, not just winging it.

There's several tutorials and feedback topics available on how to do this, there is seriously no excuse.
Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:37:16 pm by Vans
#13  January 15, 2014, 10:27:10 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Dang! I was about to download it, guess I'll have to wait until all the fixes are done. :I
#14  January 15, 2014, 10:37:07 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
-EX HCB+K is unblockable. I know that this is Jmorphman's code from Kyo so it is functional but he made this EX move based on XIII and it turned out to be wrong later. MIIIGGGHHHTTT wanna fix that.

Everything else was covered by Vans and DivineWolf.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!

DW

#15  January 15, 2014, 10:41:40 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
@Vans: I was going to say that the vid with Felicia bouncing back the wrong way, isn't Lurker's fault. I've been meaning to tell JZ that that happens with all his chars. They bounce the wrong way after being thrown.
#16  January 15, 2014, 10:43:13 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Not quite, it seems to be an issue with certain throws.

I can't pinpoint the root of the problem so yes, I removed it from my post for now.

DW

#17  January 15, 2014, 10:44:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Ah ok.
#18  January 15, 2014, 11:47:53 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Wow too much feedback thanks!

Ok, I did not saw that pile of wrong things in my char and honestly I was willing to release him fast and it come to this :blank:

@Vans: Man you gave me some pretty good advice and yeah you are right I had not played with Saisyu that much.

Now I will go back to the zero and correct all the things that are wrong.
Thanks to all of you people! :kugoi:
#19  January 16, 2014, 01:30:27 am
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
A Pots style Saisyu? GTFO. I gotta test this!!!!!!
Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:45:56 am by WatsonGrim69
#20  January 16, 2014, 03:29:07 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling