YesNoOk

SF3 Evil Ryu REMAKE (Read 90165 times)

Started by vyn, June 18, 2018, 04:30:50 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which voice would you be better for this guy?

SFIV Evil Ryu
SFV Kage

vyn

SF3 Evil Ryu REMAKE
#1  June 18, 2018, 04:30:50 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
LONG OVERDUE, I know,

Consider these test footage

Im actually rebuilding him from the ground up, still deciding on moveset and system but he will remain similar to the original version

Stance is back to his regular stance but with a different face (sf3 face always looked so weird to me)

Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:06:06 pm by vyn
Re: Updating my first Character
#2  June 18, 2018, 04:41:55 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Daaaamn, man.
SF3 Evil Ryu, MvC Evil Ryu, CvS Evil Ryu, and now a remake of SF3 Evil Ryu. You really love Evil Ryu I see... xD
Good luck, pal. But I think you need to start building up your Sean's SF5-like system more, this might grow up into your official style. And some off topic: how is Sean going?
#3  June 18, 2018, 05:06:13 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Looking forward to this!  :D
#4  June 18, 2018, 08:21:22 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
considering every Evil Ryu you've done is great this should be even greater. That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma after seeing your CvS Evil Ryu.
#5  June 18, 2018, 08:32:26 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
#6  June 18, 2018, 05:49:52 pm
very cool, looking forward to him  :8):

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#7  June 18, 2018, 06:34:15 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Oh yeah! I love your SF3 Ryu! Good luck man!

vyn

#8  June 19, 2018, 07:09:04 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
More test footage... damn this looks cool

vyn

#9  June 19, 2018, 07:10:09 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Daaaamn, man.
SF3 Evil Ryu, MvC Evil Ryu, CvS Evil Ryu, and now a remake of SF3 Evil Ryu. You really love Evil Ryu I see... xD
Good luck, pal. But I think you need to start building up your Sean's SF5-like system more, this might grow up into your official style. And some off topic: how is Sean going?

im still gonna use the same system as sean but i think im gonna simplify it a bit more

Looking forward to this!  :D

tnx

considering every Evil Ryu you've done is great this should be even greater. That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma after seeing your CvS Evil Ryu.

id love that too bro
That said I'd love to see your take on CvS Akuma...

With Sf3 sprites :coollove:

of course

Oh yeah! I love your SF3 Ryu! Good luck man!

tnx
#10  June 19, 2018, 09:22:14 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I think the punch of that red ultra would be better on a black and white background. It needs more contrast. The black around it blends in too much. It may end up being very bad on some stages. I'd also say P2 pal FX with a negative effect would be dope as. Dont get me wrong, this doesn't look bad at all.

As it stands, I'm hyped up about this! I've never been a fan of BIG hitsparks but these are decent. I'd LOVE to see some type of slow motion on that ultra based on how far the back edge is. Like it'd time itself out to be slow, and once P2 is against the wall FULL BLAST!!!!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#11  June 19, 2018, 01:18:04 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I'm not too sure. the red looks pretty awesome in my opinion.
#12  June 19, 2018, 03:14:15 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
To make it even more dramatic, when P2 hits the wall, maybe change to a custom state/anim that cycles between 2 or 3 of the standard gethit frames?

Damn those effects looks great, and that red bgpalfx is just perfect KILLER, but maybe have it fade back to normal in sync with the beam fading  :laugh:

Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:35:06 pm by altoiddealer
#13  June 19, 2018, 06:59:13 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#14  June 22, 2018, 07:49:55 pm
    • USA
I think you should use The Old Stance for SFIII The 1ne you had before, I just think so because I think it separates Ryu and Evil Ryu a little better, it makes it feel like Evil Ryu is its own character then just a pallete swap but hey that's just my opinion

----
It would be interesting if you could do this with SFIII Akuma as well because I'm trying to search for the perfect Akuma and I think it would be it if you had done it, Great Work by the way I can't wait to see the finished product
Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:46:45 am by Odb718
#15  June 23, 2018, 11:03:11 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Keep up the hard, like what you are doing. Looking forward to hearing the animations in motion.

vyn

#16  June 24, 2018, 11:30:44 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
seizure inducing hitsparks FTW

I think you should use The Old Stance for SFIII The 1ne you had before, I just think so because I think it separates Ryu and Evil Ryu a little better, it makes it feel like Evil Ryu is its own character then just a pallete swap but hey that's just my opinion

----
It would be interesting if you could do this with SFIII Akuma as well because I'm trying to search for the perfect Akuma and I think it would be it if you had done it, Great Work by the way I can't wait to see the finished product

i also love custom stances for that very reason but im just terrible at making them.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
To make it even more dramatic, when P2 hits the wall, maybe change to a custom state/anim that cycles between 2 or 3 of the standard gethit frames?

Damn those effects looks great, and that red bgpalfx is just perfect KILLER, but maybe have it fade back to normal in sync with the beam fading  :laugh:

thats a pretty good suggestion tnx

I think the punch of that red ultra would be better on a black and white background. It needs more contrast. The black around it blends in too much. It may end up being very bad on some stages. I'd also say P2 pal FX with a negative effect would be dope as. Dont get me wrong, this doesn't look bad at all.

As it stands, I'm hyped up about this! I've never been a fan of BIG hitsparks but these are decent. I'd LOVE to see some type of slow motion on that ultra based on how far the back edge is. Like it'd time itself out to be slow, and once P2 is against the wall FULL BLAST!!!!

white bg just looks weird, but i made the red lighter so the black stuff is easier to notice, i will also mess with timings once im working on the actual character

Re: SF3 Ryu, Updating my first Character
#17  June 25, 2018, 12:28:24 am
    • USA
I'm not telling you to change The Stance because it's your character and you can do whatever you want But why make new 1nes why can't you just use the Old Stance you already have, again this is your character and in no way am I trying to force or tell you what to do with your character, also Great Progress so far can't wait to see more updates keep up the fantastic work
#18  June 25, 2018, 01:37:36 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
are you going to be giving him the SGS or leaving that out? Reason I ask is I'm sure you could make it look like Akuma's SFV iteration. Unless you're saving that for AKuma himself.

vyn

#19  June 25, 2018, 09:43:54 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
are you going to be giving him the SGS or leaving that out? Reason I ask is I'm sure you could make it look like Akuma's SFV iteration. Unless you're saving that for AKuma himself.

I do have plans for a cool SGS, it wont be SFV though, if i were to make akuma i would use that one indeed
#20  June 26, 2018, 08:59:27 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Looks awesome!
OMG these sparks are so good!