YesNoOk

Shen Woo (Read 62738 times)

Started by ultimatedude, August 23, 2007, 03:42:30 pm
Share this topic:
Shen Woo
New #1  August 23, 2007, 03:42:30 pm
meh, my first full sized character

Its Shen Woo from KOF 2003 for Neo-Geo

Well yeah, I could release him now if i could get the voices  ;) so if anyone has them XD

Note I never played any KOFs so the moves may seem wrong, so do the controls which you cant see now XD

anyway, the best bit, the screen shots XD

Stance

Strong Punch

Double Punch

First Special Move

No Borders, No Nations
Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:53:18 pm by Titiln
Re: [W.I.P] Shen Woo
#2  August 23, 2007, 04:12:57 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
What can we expect in the end? Not much, I suppose ??? Another KOF character without KOF gameplay... It makes me wonder why such WIPs are even started...
Now, excuse me for being so cold. Of course I wish you best on your project. It's just I love KOF and it hurts me every time when something like this happens.
#3  August 23, 2007, 04:55:01 pm
Well, I try to make it be the most like KOF gameplay by looking at other KOF MUGEN chars, but then again, how am I meant to know if they use KOF gameplay?

well, now its something like this

Two Hit Punch     -   Roll
Weak Punch        -   Strong Punch
Weak Kick           -   Strong Kick

and for some moves i use QFCs and for special moves I use double QFCs (if thats the name XD) but i guess ill make some of the specials have different kind of commands

and he has 3 specail moves up till now, i think im gonna randomly add a Shoop da Whoop move for fun when I saw the sprite of him opening his mouth alot XD

but then again maybe not

No Borders, No Nations
#4  August 23, 2007, 05:13:46 pm
  • I'm everyware.......Or am i???
    • lipucd.deviantart.com/
I wouldn't worry too much about acceracy myself if you lack the materal to do so...

Many people kinda forget that MUGEN's ment for new creations...not converting whats already made! XD

Though by using said sprites it WOULD be nice if he was somewhat close to his real verson.

But KOF2003?...Doesn't MAME have that? You could DL it and get proper val's and timings from it and use a Gfaq for move lists.

...Also it seems Elix knows quite a bit about KOF..why not sit down with him to see if you can't get a bit more help...

THEN again this is if you wish to make a converson...im not stopping ya if you deside agenst! =p
Working projects:

Felicia---75% (programmings going well..in a few months she MIGHT be ready for a releace.)

Q-Bee---60%( Programming specal attakcs now)
#5  August 23, 2007, 05:31:36 pm
  • Coming Soon?
Kawaks has it as well and  (I hope I'm not wrong on this) it is very mugen friendly as far as seeing clsn's velocities and stuff.  you may even be able to get the voices yourself.
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#6  August 23, 2007, 05:38:50 pm
This is what P.o.t.S. said about accuracy:
A certain degree of accuracy is necessary to make a decent char, and I'm not talking about game-specific accuracy but more like fighting game mechanics. If that is respected, creators can be as accurate or creative as they want and still make something good (even if some people's concept of "good" is limited to being accurate).
That is why stuff like Shin Evil Potato Salad gets trashed by many people so quickly, it ignores all of the above.
Getting data from KOF 94-2003 isn't hard at all. And I'm willing to help you but only if you are willing to learn.
And, please, spare some time to play KOF 2003 at least.
Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:42:49 pm by Elix
#7  August 23, 2007, 05:45:39 pm
  • I'm everyware.......Or am i???
    • lipucd.deviantart.com/
Im sorry if my last post sounded as if to just forgo all rules that making fighting games so stable...I just ment the acceracy to KOF2003 ^_^;;

Of course I wouldn't want a charater running around with mis-alined clsn's and attacks doing too much damage! XD

..I thoink though im gong to call it a day...my grammer is realy going out, more then usaral! ( and lets NOT touch the spelling... ) XD
Working projects:

Felicia---75% (programmings going well..in a few months she MIGHT be ready for a releace.)

Q-Bee---60%( Programming specal attakcs now)
#8  August 23, 2007, 06:10:53 pm
Yeah, maybe i should play KOF2003

and, yeah, maybe i should rip the voices myself, but, it would save time if its already done XD

No Borders, No Nations
#9  August 23, 2007, 06:14:05 pm
  • Coming Soon?
put a post in the classifieds section to that effect.
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#10  August 23, 2007, 06:32:18 pm
I already did that, but, no-one replies XD

an, imma try have a look on gamefaqs for a movelist and hopefully they have a description on how the move looks like so I know which sprites to use

No Borders, No Nations
#11  August 24, 2007, 03:48:58 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 04:00:00 am by Mature4evr
#12  August 24, 2007, 12:00:12 pm
Thanks, I guess Ill study them

and, i noticed, in his chars he wrote "Absolutely KOF gameplay accurate" but then he writes "A lot of custom moves added" XD that would make it not as gameplay accurate because of added moves. but yeah, I like commenting on things eve tough I make the same mistakes but in much worse XD

anyway, the tutorial.

What KOF version is it, and, can you only see the debug on an emulator (emus arent illegal, so i guess i can atleast mention it)

and, even though, i have to get home before doing all that (im on holiday but started the char here, i dont wanna get too much stuff on this pc). So yeah, I mght release a very unacurate version here and then later make an acurate version

No Borders, No Nations
#13  August 24, 2007, 12:13:06 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Better not release an inaccurate version if you're stating you want to make an accurate one afterwards.

Better take your time and make things correctly than rush and release stuff you'll be "flamed" at by KOF purists.
I believe people like Elix or Vans will be able to help you about KOF.

On emulators, you'll be able to see the debug, the CLSN boxes, to rip sprites perfectly keeping the correct axes, play frame by frame to count them correctly, etc.

Sander's chars often are a mix of several different KOF incarnations of the same character, so each move is accurate to one version, but the whole character is rather a mmix of several games, making him "not accurate".
You can also check out NeoGouki's creations as reference, and IronMugen's ones.
#14  August 24, 2007, 01:21:53 pm
Better not release an inaccurate version if you're stating you want to make an accurate one afterwards.

Better take your time and make things correctly than rush and release stuff you'll be "flamed" at by KOF purists.
I believe people like Elix or Vans will be able to help you about KOF.

On emulators, you'll be able to see the debug, the CLSN boxes, to rip sprites perfectly keeping the correct axes, play frame by frame to count them correctly, etc.

Sander's chars often are a mix of several different KOF incarnations of the same character, so each move is accurate to one version, but the whole character is rather a mmix of several games, making him "not accurate".
You can also check out NeoGouki's creations as reference, and IronMugen's ones.

1st: Ok, so ill wait till I get home for the accuracy
2nd: k, ill try find them and ask
3rd: Is the debug thing part of the game or then emu, and, does that work to all KOF versions
4th: Ok, ill check NeoGoukis and IronMugens chars

and, would such a move spoil the char?

XD, iff ill add it itl be a very low health move which needs full power and I wont put in the movelist, so, a secret move XD
and Dark Frimout, thanks for letting me know

No Borders, No Nations
#15  August 24, 2007, 01:31:58 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
and, would such a move spoil the char?
If it's meant to be a serious ans somehow accurate char, yes. Unless, you put this move in only one special mode, using palette selection.

Otherwise, if you want to use moves like that, better make a complete joke character, and not keep him serious in any of his moves.
#16  August 24, 2007, 01:58:10 pm

If it's meant to be a serious ans somehow accurate char, yes. Unless, you put this move in only one special mode, using palette selection.

Otherwise, if you want to use moves like that, better make a complete joke character, and not keep him serious in any of his moves.
I agree. I suggest you make up a concept of your character. Because if you say that you're making Shen Woo from KOF 2003 people would expect KOF 2003 gemeplay and, obviously, would be unsatisfied with him. However, if you state that you're making an original character using Shen Woo's sprites then none could accuse you of being unaccurate. But remember, that it's harder to make a good original character with a thorough game mechanics and gameplay than to converse an existing character. Because having your own thoughts is generally harder than using someone else's. Taking that the thought are equally reasonable.
#17  August 24, 2007, 09:30:52 pm
hmmm, I think your right, and since i cant get the emu and stuff since i get home, which is in one week, I have time to think if I should make an original or accurate. But for original I could use for eg the SF system, but i dont think the SF system fits KOF, well, dunno, I never played any SF game apart from some dumb GBA version XD

No Borders, No Nations
#18  August 24, 2007, 10:07:53 pm
Don't you think it is generally a better idea to create a character which is more familiar to you? It takes a lot of time and practice before you are able to make up your own fighting system. Years and years of constantly playing all sorts of fightings (for example, Don Drago has such experience which resulted in his own invented Drago groove). Without any knowledge of a particular game will you be able to create something decent? Not to say there are already 3 or 4 Shen Woos created for MUGEN. Have you played them and didn't find them good enough for you? Anyway, if you like Shen Woo so much, it will be only natural if you have played KOF 2003. And there are no obstacles to do so.
http://romhustler.net/

And one more thing. Creating a character is a very long process. It takes a lot of time and effort. Of course if you are aiming at a decent quality. If you are not aiming for quality, then I should at least say that you won't get any praise in the end.
Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 10:10:21 pm by Elix
#19  August 25, 2007, 12:51:29 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Drago is not a good example of a decent creator.
#20  August 25, 2007, 01:19:13 am