YesNoOk

Toad (Read 27406 times)

Started by Jango, August 29, 2007, 11:56:39 am
Share this topic:
Toad
#1  August 29, 2007, 11:56:39 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
After playing with random ninja's Toad, I remembered that for almost two years, I've been neglecting a WIP of mine:

<-- lol shoryuken

Well I dunno if it's fulfilled enough requirements to be considered a "WIP" but I have edited pretty much all of his animation frames (save for the edits I'm going to need for his specials). I started doing this when me and Titiln were talking about Kart Fighter and how Toad is the only cool looking one in there aside from Koopa Troopa and after he gave me a rudimentary standing sprite with shading suggestions.

Anyway, unlike the game, I'm thinking of keeping Toad's fighting style completely different from Kart Fighter. Although he will retain his SHORYUKEN and possibly have a projectile (probably in the form of his veggie toss, unlike the source game where he shoots a Hadou Ken that looks like a mushroom), his fighting system will be more along the lines of a pseudo-Street Fighter III one, and his movelist will emphasize a mixture of close and long-range physical attacks.

I'm open to suggestions for... pretty much anything really...

Anything that is except throwing in strikers such as but not limited to
Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 12:04:50 pm by Jangoren
Re: Toad
#2  August 29, 2007, 12:04:02 pm
Holy shit Jango you totally fucked up that Image down there.

Anyways, Yeah, looking foward to this, though I do think you need to put the MUSHROOMDOKEN somewhere, maybe as a super where he throws a GIANT MUSHROOM.
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#3  August 29, 2007, 12:06:13 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#4  August 29, 2007, 12:19:37 pm
Nice details on the sprite bro.
\"oohwhap\" said:
dont requset my chars tey r prevet
#5  August 29, 2007, 12:21:10 pm
I admit your edits look really nice.But when did toad have a shoryken? Are you going keep it all new fighting style or are you going to have some super mario bros 2 style as welll?

#6  August 29, 2007, 12:21:26 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Interresting, very interresting. :)

When you say a pseudo-SF3 style, do you mean something like real 6-buttons gameplay, parry, only one super to choose from ? Do you mean something like Renzo's pocket style characters ?

What do you mean exactly by "long range physical attacks" ? Something like a diving or jumping kick ? I fhe becomes a sort of 6-Button Jackie Chan with Toad sprites, I'm all for it. :yes:

EDIT : you removed the mario and bowser pics. :(
#7  August 29, 2007, 12:35:37 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I admit your edits look really nice.But when did toad have a shoryken? Are you going keep it all new fighting style or are you going to have some super mario bros 2 style as welll?

He'll have a few SMB2 references (like one or two moves, and possibly one of his intros), but that's about it. Also the Shoryuken can get pulled off by some complex button combo that I long forgot lol.

When you say a pseudo-SF3 style, do you mean something like real 6-buttons gameplay, parry, only one super to choose from ? Do you mean something like Renzo's pocket style characters ?

Parry, dash, EX moves, etc. All supers will be at the ready, and I think atm I only really have stamina to give him four buttons although that might change if I can figure out how to make convincing edits.

What do you mean exactly by "long range physical attacks" ? Something like a diving or jumping kick ? I fhe becomes a sort of 6-Button Jackie Chan with Toad sprites, I'm all for it. :yes:

Think along the lines of Fei-Long, Yun/Yang, and possibly GGXX's Slayer. Also yeah, the jumping kick that Jackie Chan did is one of the ideas I'm considering since Toad has a really nice sprite for a flying kick.

#8  September 04, 2007, 09:25:57 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Just to add *some* way for all interested in Toad to contribute:

#9  September 04, 2007, 05:23:42 pm
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
Well. Here goes. Went for kind of a dark theme.

#10  September 04, 2007, 05:35:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i suggest the veggie toss to be random object toss, like GG faust, some times bomb will come out, which will not do damage when it hits, but when it explodes, sometimes it will be a health power up, another times a simply veggie that hits, + whatever you can come up with.
#11  September 04, 2007, 06:14:30 pm
  • Professional Gorilla
  • Ook ook!
    • USA
    • thezaius.wixsite.com/stuff
Heh, he looks like the Super Mario Bros. Super Show version of Toad.  If you can get some sounds from that cartoon, use 'em for this Toad.   ;P
My MUGEN and Minecraft site.
People need to stop using 4Shared, already.
#12  September 04, 2007, 07:41:24 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Well. Here goes. Went for kind of a dark theme.

Consider it added.

i suggest the veggie toss to be random object toss, like GG faust, some times bomb will come out, which will not do damage when it hits, but when it explodes, sometimes it will be a health power up, another times a simply veggie that hits, + whatever you can come up with.

Yeah, that's actually what I had in mind, with an EX version being a POW block.

Heh, he looks like the Super Mario Bros. Super Show version of Toad.  If you can get some sounds from that cartoon, use 'em for this Toad.   ;P

That sounds like a good idea, although ATM I'm thinking of giving him an ill-fitting voicepack like with LegatoB's Koopa Troopa. Currently I'm using Bon Clay sounds that Robert The Small ripped, but if anyone has any other ideas, feel free to shout them out.
#13  September 04, 2007, 08:07:01 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
light yagami voice pack  :_blank: :argue:
#14  September 04, 2007, 09:53:49 pm
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
Here's more if you want them.

mario        luigi           evil                                                                                         
#15  September 04, 2007, 10:23:24 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/

Aladdin?

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#16  September 05, 2007, 09:42:43 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Palettes accepted thus far:

Aladdin by Snake

Mario and Luigi by Kratos

Shroobs by Kamek

NIGGAH by Jesuszilla

Keep 'em coming
Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:05:11 pm by Jangoren
#17  September 05, 2007, 12:42:04 pm
    • www.freewebs.com/toonmugen/
Good Luck
Im Looking Forward to this

Demitri 45%
#18  September 05, 2007, 03:45:51 pm
I was bored so

Shen Woo

Which is Basically This
Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 03:50:02 pm by G-Cadia

blunted

#19  September 05, 2007, 04:00:26 pm
first attempt, i was having trouble coming up with ideas.  :S
#20  September 05, 2007, 04:18:15 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran

SMURF

Light shading is there since its meant to be true to the smurfs colour.
Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 04:34:18 pm by K.O.D