YesNoOk

KoF Kung Fu Man (Read 65698 times)

Started by Anjel, September 05, 2007, 07:14:52 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF Kung Fu Man
#41  September 08, 2007, 09:51:01 pm
    • USA
don't expect good critics on a creation that will be called KOF-style but won't have any KOF mechanics on it's gameplay then  :-\

KOF is more than just hitsparks, you must study the invincibility frames on a evasion move, the friction on moves, short and long jump, cancels, super cancels, priorities, good CLSN boxes, ect., I suggest u to "eat" a gamefaq's guide before going forward with this project.

oh, and "another KFM" (the char) sucks  :P
#42  September 08, 2007, 09:53:21 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Ahh, you guys dont undnerstand, i use emulators, i play the KoF 2k3 almost every day, i am putting effort, if i dident, i wudent even bother to post stuffs.
Do you hate me only cos i dident know what DM is? And that KoF had Super Cancles?

Reen.avi:
I have more than just Hitsparks and Sfx's. I already got Evade (light P + Light K), i got long jump, its even showed in a screenshoot.

Who made "another KFM"?
My shitty mugen stuff:
Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:23:37 pm by Anjel
#43  September 08, 2007, 10:41:29 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
OK, just take your time, do what you can. People will advise you when you release a beta.
#44  September 08, 2007, 10:55:47 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
OK, just take your time, do what you can. People will advise you when you release a beta.

i can relese a beta now, but i wont, i need people to test it (thinks of Cyanide (Not rly)).
My shitty mugen stuff:
#45  September 08, 2007, 11:00:11 pm
  • Master of Vicodin
Ahh, you guys dont undnerstand, i use emulators, i play the KoF 2k3 almost every day, i am putting effort...

Quick Tip: If you really wanna go for KOF, forget all about you learned using 2K3. GameFaqs itself can tell you why. Go get some experience in 2K1/2K2 or even XI, read those kof tutos from sander page and I'm sure you'll do a great job after a lot some time of hard work. Good Luck.
#46  September 08, 2007, 11:06:12 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
Ahh, you guys dont undnerstand, i use emulators, i play the KoF 2k3 almost every day, i am putting effort...

Quick Tip: If you really wanna go for KOF, forget all about you learned using 2K3. GameFaqs itself can tell you why. Go get some experience in 2K1/2K2 or even XI, read those kof tutos from sander page and I'm sure you'll do a great job after a lot some time of hard work. Good Luck.

I Dont fell like Coding Hidden Super Desperation moves, seems to "hardcore".
Ill keep him this way, i like it. I code to please myself, not others (well that to :P or Else i wudent relese stuffs).
My shitty mugen stuff:
#47  September 08, 2007, 11:14:26 pm
    • USA
ok... no DM's means no kof gameplay at all :P

[size=1pt]I'm starting to think I should change to "jesuszilla mode"[/size]
#48  September 08, 2007, 11:16:57 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
My shitty mugen stuff:
#49  September 08, 2007, 11:22:15 pm
    • USA
But SDM's and HSDM's are coded the same way as DM's so what's the difference o_o??
#50  September 08, 2007, 11:23:30 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
But SDM's and HSDM's are coded the same way as DM's so what's the difference o_o??

They seem so hardcore >__<, i mean seriusly, look at the name, and i am hella lazy.
Make some sprites for me and ill code em ok? XD
My shitty mugen stuff:
#51  September 08, 2007, 11:27:08 pm
    • USA
oh, you don't get it &gt;_&gt;. ok, I'm starting to think you are lying so im out of this convo &gt;_&gt;
#52  September 08, 2007, 11:27:55 pm
  • Master of Vicodin
Ill keep him this way, i like it. I code to please myself, not others (well that to :P or Else i wudent relese stuffs).

I wasn't even thinking about HSDM, you known? :P. KOF 2003 makes use of weird "hitdef" properts that makes (among others things) the general KOF player avoid this edition. My point is that you won't attain KOF quality considering this method you're in.

Most people are not telling you that what you're doing is great shit, it's just that you probably won't do wonders without solid base. ;)
#53  September 08, 2007, 11:35:51 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
oh, you don't get it &gt;_&gt;. ok, I'm starting to think you are lying so im out of this convo &gt;_&gt;
XD
ok if i get a good idea, and maybe some sprite edits ill code em, Kfm doesent have much sprites you know D=

I wasn't even thinking about HSDM, you known? :P. KOF 2003 makes use of weird "hitdef" properts that makes (among others things) the general KOF player avoid this edition. My point is that you won't attain KOF quality considering this method you're in.

Most people are not telling you that what you're doing is great shit, it's just that you probably won't do wonders without solid base. ;)

like what?

i see (not quite) but isent the button layout (and such) the same?
Whats the "actual" diffrense betwen exmaplewise KoF 2k2 and 2k3?
Btw is the effekts (DM's) the same?
Cus i like 2k3's more than the others :P
My shitty mugen stuff:
#54  September 09, 2007, 03:34:59 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Wtf is DM?

And what is Ryuko Ranbu?
And whats a Super Cancel?does KoF have Super Cansles?
i want to give him projektiles, i just need sprite edits and stuffs.
DM: Desesperation Moves, it's like lv1 supers from Capcom :P
Ryuko Ranbu: That crazy combo rave that Ryo Sakazaki (and another Kyokugen) does, a DM
Super Cancels appeared from KOFXI, when you can cancel a Dm with a power or another DM

Well, that's all, I guess... good luck with your KFM ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#55  September 09, 2007, 10:04:03 am
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
Wtf is DM?

And what is Ryuko Ranbu?
And whats a Super Cancel?does KoF have Super Cansles?
i want to give him projektiles, i just need sprite edits and stuffs.
DM: Desesperation Moves, it's like lv1 supers from Capcom :P
Ryuko Ranbu: That crazy combo rave that Ryo Sakazaki (and another Kyokugen) does, a DM
Super Cancels appeared from KOFXI, when you can cancel a Dm with a power or another DM

Well, that's all, I guess... good luck with your KFM ;)

DM's Already know what it is, dident know that "DM" was the short version of Desesperation Move.
Ryuko Ranbu: No idea what is was, but i was planing of making a realy big combo (dm).
i did know what the cancles was, just dident know KoF used em ;P
My shitty mugen stuff:
#56  September 09, 2007, 04:09:29 pm
Seriously, man. Whenever you cancelled in 2k3, it said right there; 'S.CANCEL'. I mean hey, what is it? Sausage Cancel?

Actually, Super Cancels have always been there ever since 1999 IINM, it's just that not every single character had one and SNK never had the words 'S.CANCEL' or 'SUPER CANCEL' appear back then.

And cancelling from a DM to a DM doesn't work, it's cancelling from a DM to an LDM (or SDM, or HSDM, whatever the hell you want to call it, it's the same shit) that first appeared in KOFXI and it's called Dream Cancel.

Ryuko Ranbu: No idea what is was, but i was planing of making a realy big combo (dm).
You have no idea how good it would work with a KOF KFM. Ryo is karate, KFM is karate (or something). And it's something no one has ever done in a KFM edit, and guess what, you won't even need edits for it. Go to your emulator, use Ryo and do QCF,HCB+P. It's like an auto version of Deadly Rave.

i see (not quite) but isent the button layout (and such) the same?
Whats the "actual" diffrense betwen exmaplewise KoF 2k2 and 2k3?
Btw is the effekts (DM's) the same?
Cus i like 2k3's more than the others
No, button layout is similar, but 2k3 doesn't have the CD attack and only the roll.

Actual difference? Play the frickin' games, man! These two games are MILES apart.

If you can get 2k3 on an emulator, why can't you get 2k2?

Anjel if you can't even spend some time to play KOF, get down the KOF basics, get down all the mechanics and system stuff that KOF uses and whatnot, no one will use your 'KOF' KFM. You can't make a character you don't know anything about, especially when its related to something as delicate as KOF gameplay.
#57  September 09, 2007, 04:50:17 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
You havent read all post's in this thread, havent you?
And you overuse the word "man".
My shitty mugen stuff:
#58  September 09, 2007, 04:53:04 pm

No Borders, No Nations
#59  September 09, 2007, 05:02:11 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
My shitty mugen stuff:
#60  September 09, 2007, 05:07:42 pm
Nope, I used ctrl+F, only 2 in his post, and, on the images the afterimage looks like it needs to be more transparent

No Borders, No Nations