YesNoOk

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project  (Read 1301337 times)

Started by Xenomic, April 27, 2008, 12:56:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which format do you prefer for the project to take?

Current format (aka do whatever character and then release packs after set amount of time)
24 (31.6%)
Suggested format (aka focus on one character and then release sprites after finished)
52 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project
#981  April 13, 2015, 02:07:37 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
RockHowardMX has made a new Midnight Bliss for me (twas a birthday gift it was. Birthday was a couple days ago...I feel old T-T). And what's the Midnight Bliss you ask? Why, it's for Gardevoir!

Thoughts? Anything that could be improved upon at all? I already mentioned my thoughts to him (mainly, it's just the head that really needs touched up on, and maybe the chest area and perhaps the feet and legs), and I think it's pretty good overall. For those who don't know, IIRC it's based off of this image:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Or, if you'd like, you can try and touch-up upon it too! Could be a nice little challenge for you young spriters!
#982  April 21, 2015, 11:34:04 pm
    • USA
Now for a new shock from Aionios, this one all custom-made by him, sprite and shock both! This one...for someone I wasn't expecting at all!

Nina Williams:

Not bad at all for doing it from scratch! Litchi's shock was used as the base for this one, which actually works well I feel. Wonder how one for Xiaoyu and Lili would look~
#983  April 30, 2015, 06:45:04 pm

Reposting this because I just noticed that I uploaded the wrong version last time. The left arm should look better now.
#984  May 13, 2015, 02:56:54 am
  • MOMMY!!

For RoySquadRocks' Pac-Man ((I didn't really like the original shock sprite he had TBH))
I'm Clownman!
#985  May 13, 2015, 02:57:40 am
    • USA
Huh. Well THAT certainly is interesting o.o
#986  May 13, 2015, 04:27:12 am
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
#987  May 13, 2015, 04:28:25 am
    • USA
@RoySquadRocks: I don't see why you couldn't lol. Anything posted in this thread is generally open-sourced, whether it be anyone wanting to use it for the characters themselves or for authors who want to use them in their own creations ha. So go right ahead since it's from your character!
#988  May 13, 2015, 04:30:47 am
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Thanks! :)
#989  May 13, 2015, 06:54:21 am
  • MOMMY!!
I'm Clownman!
#990  June 08, 2015, 11:22:58 pm
    • USA
@ClownMan: Yo, how's things going? Been working on that one I suggested last month? ^^

Well, I got a couple new Sangue=Passares to share! And this time...they're not Lilith nor Zabel Treatments! First time in quite a while that we've seen those, eh? Keep in mind, IkunTyphoon isn't a spriter, but at least he tries! And these aren't TOO bad, so yeah! ^^

Marisa Kirisame:

Onpu Segawa:

Still waiting on a couple Midnight Blisses to be updated/fleshed out (one for Aerith, the other for that Gardevoir), but don't know when those will be done. Speaking of Aerith, in the event I never showed her Midnight Bliss, here's that:

It is based on her Kingdom Hearts II design, which is also used in Before Crisis. I felt it was a good idea to use one of her older designs for her Midnight Bliss (either this one or the one from Crisis Core), and left it up to Bis1994 to do. Will be waiting warmly for this to be finished~ ^^

Once again, if anyone wants to contribute to the project, feel free to do so! Or, if you want a challenge, let me know and I can toss some things to ya'll! ^^

EDIT - And then a third Sangue=Passare from Ikun! This one surprised me, as I wasn't expecting it! He was thinking of doing the bunny ears, but he went with belly since it was easier. Maybe someone would be interested in trying that for this character? : v

Catherine:

Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:32:06 am by Xenomic
#991  June 09, 2015, 02:03:35 am
  • MOMMY!!

Shocktae. :P ((Sorry it took kinda long))
I'm Clownman!
#992  June 09, 2015, 02:07:12 am
    • USA
@ClownMan: No probs at all~ Looks mighty fine for that style of sprite she has. Great work on that. ^^ Dunno if you have plans to try anyone else for shocks or not. I could give you a non-chibi character to test your might if you want a tougher challenge or want to learn more? ^^

@RoySquadRocks: Yes, you may use this of course, that's why it's done. Letting you know before you ask ha!
#993  June 09, 2015, 02:19:17 am
  • MOMMY!!
Eheheh... Maybe~ ((I guess I could try ;3))
I'm Clownman!
#994  June 11, 2015, 10:43:53 pm
    • USA
Three more new Sangue=Passares from IkunTyphoon. He's on a belly run it seems!

Maki Genryusai:

Toru Kugami (is this in MUGEN yet actually?):

Shiny F. Demeter (is she also in MUGEN?):

Of the three, Shiny's is probably the one closest to the actual Darkstalkers style of this type of Sangue. For reference, this is Jedah's (Talbain's I do not have on hand, but it's similarly big like this):

While she's not nearly as big as him (or anyone actually isn't close), it's still not bad. I think he needs to work on the amount of frames that are used and the size of things. The poses aren't bad, just needs a few more touches and they'll all be really good. Much like what he found in KAZ's Blue-Eyes Karin:

This seems like about the right thing to go with on references for a Sangue. Maybe one of ya'll would want to give this a try for a character of your choice? I know what's done with Karin here I was thinking of doing with Chun-Li's hair buns (and with one of Athena's versions that has hair buns. I don't know which one it is though...).
#995  June 12, 2015, 05:54:13 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
Hello Everybody.

This looks funny. the inflation, he he he.
Next some ideas about it.
Something like this:

or these:

this is weird and maybe disturbing, but funny.

#996  June 16, 2015, 05:52:42 am
    • USA
Er...I don't know about having those at all...

@bis1994: You may want to clean up your inbox. I apparently can't send you messages now. But here's my message to you:

"Not bad, though what happened to her right arm?? o.o Also, did you update the first frame at all too? Or is it the same still? Reason I ask is if it's still the same, may want to adjust the boots on the first sprite.

Will be looking forward to the rest for sure! And the shock! Will you be trying a Sangue for her too by any chance? o.o?"

For those who are wondering, bis1994 made the 2nd frame to Aerith's Midnight Bliss (will post with the original as well):

He will be doing the drain animation for her as well. It's turning out good so far, though a little things here and there may need fixed up. Nothing TOO bad at least!

EDIT - In addition to this, simpleguyfa from DeviantArt is allowing me usage of his various Cammy Midnight Blisses (mostly cosplays, but there's a couple nice ones like the British dress! In spoilers because of a nude sprite:

These are only single sprites for CFJ styled Midnight Blisses, but if anyone wants to try and do a grab/drain for them, go for it~
Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:22:02 am by Xenomic
#997  June 21, 2015, 10:10:35 pm
    • USA
New one, done by simpleguyfa as part of a request from me. Some of these won't be usable sadly due to them not being the same style as the originals, but some could still be used, if palettes are fixed. And some of them are really nice I have to say!

For reference, this is what each is supposed to be:

*Mina - Maid
*Maori Kasuga - Showgirl
*Lilica Felchenerow - Angelgirl
*Kula Diamond - Frozen Girl
*Nakoruru - Flower Girl
*Momoko - Butterfly Girl
*Kasumi - Female Model for car
*Hotaru - Mermaid
*Sophitia - Bathgirl
*Rimururu - Crazy girl
*Iroha - Evil Queen
*Athena - Shadaloo Athena/ female host
*Ingrid - Red Princess

I think my favorites are Mina (though could be touched up on. Some flatness here and there, and her bust seems to have completely disappeared), Ingrid, Kula, and Nakoruru.  So if anyone wants to use these, or would like to touch these up for the project, feel free to do so! ^^
Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:22:01 am by Xenomic
#998  June 22, 2015, 12:10:01 am
Why is the image blurred?
#999  June 22, 2015, 12:14:41 am
    • Argentina
Because he copy&pasted the preview instead of the full resolution image (by downloading it):
#1000  June 22, 2015, 01:38:34 am
    • USA
I did? Whoops. My bad. ^^;;