YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1244850 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#1901  March 26, 2015, 12:12:29 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA

Salamander Portable and Parodius Portable I have on order out of Japan as well, nothing on those yet. This one was $56 including shipping.

After that only leaves Gradius: The Interstellar Assault and Gradius Galaxies and then I practically own all of the Gradius games.
#1902  March 26, 2015, 06:10:17 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
^ I have +3 against weeaboos.

You're gonna be super salt later on when you realize you wasted that 20

Oh, my group's already quite used to wasted rolls.  Last session we ran into a boss fight and spent a solid 20 minutes with everyone, boss included,  randomly flailing their weapons around in the air hitting jack shit.
I remember last time I did something like this with a group of friends my dude threw a sword into an enemy by complete accident. God when you roll bad you look so clumsy haha.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#1903  March 26, 2015, 09:27:26 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
beenawhile

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Moar Smash amiibos. Pentarou and Koridai.

Also started collecting the Mario Party ones. Introducing KonpetoGal, Lickle, and Thorwald

For gaming:

Power Blade: If you ever needed an argument that sometimes Americans know how to do games better than Japan, here's the game for you. Power Blade was originally called "Power Blazer" and featured a fat Megaman rip-off that threw boomerangs for a main character. It was terrible. When it came to America, the localizers said "fuck it" and redid almost the entire game, replacing the main character with an Arnold Schwarzenegger clone, making branching paths ala Metroid, and making the default weapon not suck. It's a lot of fun, although it's a tad easy.

Not much on the game side, but that's because I made a very significant game purchase. I won't say what it is, but when you see it, bricks will be shat.
#1904  March 26, 2015, 11:03:01 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I got this about a week ago, my Toon Link one needed a pal.

Also, this came in yesterday!

[Insert "Really feeling it" quote here.]
#1905  March 26, 2015, 03:25:47 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA

SHING

sparkle sparkle
#1906  March 27, 2015, 08:35:52 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
#1907  March 29, 2015, 05:42:58 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
It only took me 10 years to buy this series. Too bad the Geneon release is long out of print, I had to resort to an Aussie release. Pretty sure it has the same subs/dub though.

conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1908  March 31, 2015, 04:48:24 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
My Girl & I, just did some well deserved retail therapy  :wiseguy:

She bought the batman and street fighter classic the sailor moon is all me lol
More like the opposite way around haha.
Didn't expect to buy a sound system but shit happens.
I need to start hunting down the other HC street fighter classics.
my girl what's to get all the other Sailor Scouts too.

#1909  March 31, 2015, 05:18:43 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Previously...

I made a very significant game purchase. I won't say what it is, but when you see it, bricks will be shat.

Now for the reveal:

Gimmick!: One of the holy grails of Famicom gaming, and now easily the most valuable game in my collection. The basic storyline is that your character is a toy bought for a girl on her birthday. She puts you on her nightstand before she goes to bed. Her other toys get jealous and take her... somewhere. You have to go to that... somewhere, and rescue her.

Don't be fooled by the cutesy graphics, this game is FUCKING HARD. The gameplay revolves around Gimmick's (is that its name?) charging stars that it can throw. Aside from being a projectile, you can also use it as a mobile platform, allowing you to cross over dangerous areas and reach areas you can't normally reach. What makes it extra hard is the physics: ramps are basically slides in this game, and you need to angle your shots to make the stars bounce just the right height to do whatever it is you're trying to do. Oh also you get weapons like fireballs and bombs and potions, but those are very limited, so you have to use them sparingly. While the difficulty might be discouraging, the game is full of all sorts of little touches that show that a lot of love went into this game (ie: If you're fast enough, you can sneak up on the Lv. 2 boss while he's sleeping and shove him off the cliff before he wakes up so you don't have to fight him).

Also of note, like Konami's VRC6 games (ie: Castlevania III), Gimmick has its own sound chip. Combined with the composition, you have one of the best soundtracks on the Famicon/NES.

I'd tell you to buy it, but one look at ebay shows that the current cheapest is $500 which is way more than I spent on it. If you want a cheaper alternative, some reproduction makers will give you the American NES prototype version which lacks the enhanced soundtrack, but if it's a sacrifice you can live with, you might as well go for it. You'll need to send them a copy of Sunsoft's Batman: Return of the Joker in order to do so.
#1910  April 01, 2015, 02:53:47 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Went to a video game swap meet in the area, and came back with a few things... (Should have image here, but think the April Fool's junk is messing with the link if the preview is any indication.)

NES/Famicom: Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight, Life Force, Mortal Kombat II
SNES/SFC: Sonic Blast Man, Melfand Stories, Rushing Beat, Super R-Type, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R, Super Bomberman 4, Godzilla - Kaijuu Dai Kessen, Kirby Super Deluxe
Game Boy: Ninja Ryukenden GB, Nettou King of Fighters '96, Nettou Garou Densetsu 2, Nettou Samurai Spirits, Pokemon Card GB
Genesis/Mega Drive: Rolling Thunder 2, Puyo Pop, Puyo Pop 2, Daimakaimura (Ghouls and Ghosts)
Sega Saturn: Puzzle Bobble 2X, Saturn Bomberman Fight
Playstation 2: Megaman X Collection

#1911  April 08, 2015, 07:10:12 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I promised myself I wouldn't get one. Oh well.

im a conscious dreamer

#1912  April 08, 2015, 07:59:17 pm
#1913  April 09, 2015, 04:29:02 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA

1/2 of the stuff I ordered. The PSP game is Salamander Portable, which is a Japan-only compilation of Salamander, Salamander 2, Life Force, Xerxes, and Gradius 2.

Now for Gradius: The Interstellar Assault and Parodius Portable to come in
#1914  April 10, 2015, 07:05:09 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
confound this hobby it drives me to poverty.

like, seriously! specially since lots of stuff got delayed and i ended up paying or still have to pay for them this month. also lots of stuff is coming up on june, july and august but i'm way past my limit. i gotta stop while i can :-\

that said, i'll still continue to get what i can! (if only i could use that motivation for something useful instead...)

I wasnt really sure about getting one of these but a friend wanted one and payed for mine as well :D

now what the hell am i going to do with this because over here the weather is blazing hot?!

aaand this month's "it's not mine but i'm going to brag about it...". not a present again (though it's my friend's birthday) but rather the present if the trouble i went to find it for him. hey, fuck you man i'm broke, ok?
Spoiler: BONUS (click to see content)

i (kinda) regret nothing!
Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:10:21 am by Bastard Wolf
#1915  April 10, 2015, 09:43:36 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I got this about a week ago, my Toon Link one needed a pal.
figmas are cool as hell im excited to get lucina next month

Aww man, that Lucina one looks gorgeous! I still want to get the Samus one too.

*Edit*

I got these today!

I wanted the Gold Majora's Mask N3DS, but sadly I missed out on the pre-orders and don't want to pay $100 more to a scalper for one. So I settled for the black one, which is still very nice.
Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:05:56 pm by JDM
#1916  April 11, 2015, 04:41:39 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I dunno how much need I'd have for Xenoblade on 3DS; I have it on Wii already. Is there really that much different
#1917  April 11, 2015, 04:50:51 am
I believe it's a direct port.
#1918  April 11, 2015, 05:18:14 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
It is a straight port, just one you can take on the go.

still breddy gud
...and certainly more affordable. lol
#1919  April 11, 2015, 09:23:00 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I wanted the Gold Majora's Mask N3DS, but sadly I missed out on the pre-orders and don't want to pay $100 more to a scalper for one. So I settled for the black one, which is still very nice.
We got a second batch, didn't you?
im a conscious dreamer

#1920  April 11, 2015, 08:34:37 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
I just got back in the crib with my preorder copy  :twisted: My import store hit me this morning with the bat signal