YesNoOk

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC) (Read 999238 times)

Started by Moon Girard, June 09, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)
#541  November 11, 2017, 12:22:26 am
    • USA
DB was a massive hit in Latin America long before the gringos fell in love with their shitty English dub too. America is just a small part of DB's market.

Man, the Latin American dub was easily the best dub the DB series ever got, it's a shame that Namco Bandai refuses to dub their DB games in LatAm Spanish for whatever reason. I had to much fun with the Latin American dub in their last Saint Seiya.
#542  November 11, 2017, 02:14:43 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STAQuOkfM4g[/youtube]
You have my immediate disrespect if you can't get behind Faulconer's soundtrack.

wow, that's an extremely narrow-minded and such a stupid thing to say. I like the Japanese soundtrack better and so does a lot of people. deal with it.
It was also totally tongue-in-cheek and not serious.  I certainly enjoyed the soundtrack when watching the series, but no, I don't really mean you are required to like it.  Just a joke, is all.

Evidently not a very good one, though.
#543  November 11, 2017, 11:21:01 pm
Following what GTOAkira posted in the two Capcom fighters about that leaker guy, there also was a leak for FighterZ
BANDAI NAMCO:
Dragon Ball FighterZ:
3 of the DLC characters I've heard of include Broly, Regular Goku (it was noted to me that he does use the Spriit Bomb), and Regular Vegeta. This is something I know is going to be highly controversial and I will get into why further down. Three more characters that I know about but not their status of launch or DLC are Bardock (whom I originally heard would be DLC, but that was only from one source that I have never heard back from), Raditz (I was told that he'd be DLC by only one source in particular), and Goku Black (in his Rose form)
I was told that Goku Black was even finished 3 months ago, and that Broly, Regular Goku, and Regular Vegeta were finished during the game's main development with Goku Black. I think people should make some noise if those 3 (or 4 if Goku Black is withheld) were made alongside the launch game, but are going to be held back as DLC like I've been told.
With the controversy out of the way, there is a Switch port in the works. Unreal Engine 4's UE4.15 is Switch-friendly, so that may explain why the Switch port is coming later. I do not know what Unreal Engine 4 version it uses for the others. The much demanded Nintendo Switch version will likely come out next year in the autumn or winter.
For some personal history, the season pass was originally leaked to me as some exclusive pass featuring saiyans (I originally heard about Broly and Bardock being DLC characters). Since the FighterZ Pass was revealed, I've heard much more since originally leaking those two. I've been told the game will be supported for 2 years by multiple sources. I don't know if that pass of 8 characters accounts for the first year or both. I am going to assume it means just the first year. Bandai Namco is reportedly, according to the people I have talked to, taking a very serious approach with this game having a lengthy life and long term support. Including an esports push.
I have a few different sources regarding this game as I said. Every source that I've talked to has told me that Broly, Regular Goku, and Regular Vegeta have all been heard about and agreed upon as being DLC.
Regular Goku and Vegeta would be a pain in any Dragon Ball fighting game because this is already their third form and the game isn't even out yet, but given how FighterZ handles its characters, I'd be really down with a "Goku vs Vegeta fight" era version of the both of them, with a lot more rush / combo specials than their SSJ forms where they just dash and throw a punch / kick or two, it just feels like their hits would have a lot more weight and be more impressive. Also the small Spirit Bomb was always cooler, plus and Great Ape Vegeta ultra, I guess.

edit - oh, yeah, I remember I noticed some time ago that the names for SSJ Goku and Vegeta initially just said Goku and Vegeta, but it was then changed for Goku (Super Saiyan) and Vegeta (Super Saiyan). I thought it was just to differentiate them from the Blue versions, but the regular versions would be the ones to only display their name. Makes sense.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:19:46 am by Byakko
#544  November 12, 2017, 12:49:30 am
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
IF, and I must stress, IF this is indeed true then honestly. Base Goku and Base Vegeta better be hella different from their SSJ and SSB counterparts. I would love to see the Meteor Combination in this game. As for Broly, Bardock and Goku Black...not surprised honestly if this is true.  Still waiting for my joke/gag character. Mr.Satan or Arale would be perfect for that role honestly.
#545  November 15, 2017, 01:20:24 am
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Dragon Ball didn't revive because of interest from the West. Toriyama decided to return and do the "Goku and friends return" short movie in '08

That's just the anime series. I'm talking about the franchise as a whole which had nothing coming out from 1997 until 2002.... not even the annual video games. The gravy trian came back in 2002 (culminating with the release of Budokai) when Z's popularity peaked in North America and has been going strong since (although it did decline a bit during the mid-late 2000's).

Also, when I mention the west I do mean America (USA and Canada) more specifically.
#546  November 15, 2017, 01:50:34 am
The release of the Budokai games has nothing to do with the US release of the anime. And Budokai did poorly, its again ridiculous to tie that to any success in the US. The dip after Final Bout was due to the 3D jump and how bad Final Bout did (not to mention the entire fighting game genre died after sf3.3, cvs2 and during the last few kofs !), but the Budokai series simply followed the same evolution as everything else that jumped from 2D to 3D, and DBZ already had popular games with the Super Butouden series.
By the way, the Budokai games came out in Europe first, before the US and even Japan. Because Dragon Ball maintained huge popularity in Europe even through that "gap" when nothing new came out. Hell, the Super Butouden series came out in specific countries in Europe even in a time when obscure games had a very hard time getting out of Japan.
I'm looking through the list of games and I'm struggling to find anything that actually had good reviews. Budokai 3 is the game that made the whole series of games work. Budokai 3 made the game series something actually worth looking out for, and the US waited until Raging Blast to really get chummy with new games. *After* the real revival in Japan.

Stop seeing connections where there aren't any. The series in the US didn't revive the series. The games that came outside of Japan did mostly bad and didn't revive the series. The Japan-only arcade games did, and Toriyama did, and he did it because it had always been hugely popular in Japan (and in Europe but I don't know if Toriyama cares about Europe).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:08:00 am by Byakko
#547  November 16, 2017, 09:28:03 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
#548  November 16, 2017, 04:13:28 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
#549  November 16, 2017, 04:25:44 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
Couldn't find the scans but here is PS360HD2's video
Ultimate Gohan looks awesome, Also i swear i saw Beerus and Hit on the arcade ladder
Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 04:29:42 pm by Infinite kyo
#550  November 16, 2017, 08:28:19 pm
    • Dominica
Beerus & Hit or ginyu?
Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:38:44 pm by yaret
#551  November 16, 2017, 08:34:40 pm
Or Ginyu and Dyspo.
#552  November 16, 2017, 08:41:59 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com

Well guys we've reached 20 characters, now if the rumors are true there should only be about 4-5 characters left for the launch roster. Time to wishlist with a side of salt
#553  November 16, 2017, 08:46:34 pm
    • Dominica
Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:01:05 pm by yaret
#554  November 17, 2017, 09:38:49 am
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
Stuff

Dunno where you got the idea Budokai did poorly. Obviously it wasn't the most acclaimed game but it sold extremely well (both it and 2 sold over 2 million units in the US alone by the end of 2003) and was very popular with fans. It was also the first DBZ game that was released internationally including all parts of Europe.

Only the first game came out in Europe first. The other 3 were released in North America first.

The Japanese Dragon Boxes also came out in 2003 which is the first video release for the series in Japan.
#555  November 17, 2017, 11:36:42 am
The Japanese Dragon Boxes also came out in 2003 which is the first video release for the series in Japan.
Yeah, in Japan, around the revival. They only came out in the US in 2009.

Just because there was popularity in the US, doesn't mean that the revival in Japan was linked to it. Most of the new stuff that came out in Japan and helped rebuild the series had no impact from the US.
#556  November 21, 2017, 04:28:40 pm
    • Dominica
Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:34:13 pm by yaret
#557  December 01, 2017, 05:11:32 pm
  • I got tired of waiting for someone to do it for me
    • Argentina
New trailer of Kid Buu

#558  December 01, 2017, 05:14:30 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
So, there's Fat Buu and Kid Buu... Kid Buu is the one who is rage incarnate, right?
#559  December 01, 2017, 05:21:09 pm
He's "pure evil" (tm).
He has moves from Super Buu (the tall noseless one), nice, it's much better to mix these two than have kid Buu with nothing going for him.
#560  December 01, 2017, 05:48:27 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Yeah, I kinda wish it was Super Buu over Kid Buu, but I knew it'd never happen so whatever.

I was hoping they'd give him the genocide blast move as a special so he could have a hidden missiles assist but that super looks cool too.