YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1409950 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Man of Steel 2 coming faster than a speeding bullet
#161  June 26, 2013, 03:44:42 pm
  • SNK is life
wow, it's hard to reply to a Jmorphman post ... you really need to read 7 articles all by different authors and postures, and 60+ lines of text written by Jmorphman himself. It's like a Doctorate's final project essay.

I tried man, sorry.

Bea

#162  June 26, 2013, 08:15:35 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I see.
You make some fair points, Jmorph. And you sold me with the "buff, shirtless Cavill. On the big screen. Yes" bit. I ought to see this.
I think I will watch the first 2/3rds of the movie that everyone seems to agree that is decent then lay down and think of England to endure the last third of the movie.

But... don't tell me they made the colours even more washed out than Returns. It was pretty terrible and dull at Returns as it was.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#163  June 27, 2013, 04:04:38 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Breaking my no macro tradition.
I saw this, and thought of Bea and JM
#164  June 27, 2013, 04:11:35 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
doesn't using a macro mean you have to give up your amulet or something

wow, it's hard to reply to a Jmorphman post ... you really need to read 7 articles all by different authors and postures, and 60+ lines of text written by Jmorphman himself. It's like a Doctorate's final project essay.

I tried man, sorry.
I'm sorry for so inconveniencing you. I'll try to think about how you will react before I post things.

I see.
You make some fair points, Jmorph. And you sold me with the "buff, shirtless Cavill. On the big screen. Yes" bit. I ought to see this.
I think I will watch the first 2/3rds of the movie that everyone seems to agree that is decent then lay down and think of England to endure the last third of the movie.
I was just kinda joking with the shirtless thing. It's not THAT long, and not really worth it. The things actually worth seeing it for are the Kent family scenes (even with as badly written Pa Kent is, Costner almost makes it work), the visuals of Krypton, and the fight scenes (even with the destruction, the actual fighting is fantastic)

But... don't tell me they made the colours even more washed out than Returns. It was pretty terrible and dull at Returns as it was.
They found a way!
#165  June 27, 2013, 03:27:22 pm
  • SNK is life

I tried man, sorry.
I'm sorry for so inconveniencing you. I'll try to think about how you will react before I post things.
No seriously, sarcasm aside, you really need to work on your ability to synthesize your ideas into readable bits. Otherwise you'll find yourself interacting with the same handful of people who already got used to work on your essays. This is a forum man, think of the kids.

Bea

#166  June 27, 2013, 03:37:05 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I was just kinda joking with the shirtless thing. It's not THAT long, and not really worth it. The things actually worth seeing it for are the Kent family scenes (even with as badly written Pa Kent is, Costner almost makes it work), the visuals of Krypton, and the fight scenes (even with the destruction, the actual fighting is fantastic)

They found a way!

Well, shirtless Chris Hemsworth scene on Thor wasn't that long either, but made the movie worth watching. :P
So that is still a saving grace for the movie.

And... how did they? D:
Did the shoot the movie in sepia or something?

Superman is mean to be colourful. He wear blue, yellow and red, for Odin's sake!
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#167  June 28, 2013, 07:29:34 am
    • USA
No seriously, sarcasm aside, you really need to work on your ability to synthesize your ideas into readable bits. Otherwise you'll find yourself interacting with the same handful of people who already got used to work on your essays. This is a forum man, think of the kids.
If you can't read just over 500 words of a few random thoughts separated by paragraphs, then I'm very sorry for you. It ain't hard. :I

And... how did they? D:
Did the shoot the movie in sepia or something?

Superman is mean to be colourful. He wear blue, yellow and red, for Odin's sake!
The color balance is really bad, I dunno what the point of making everything so blue and dreary was.

I think it's funny that the colors on the costume of evil drunk Superman in Superman III, which was all dark and dull (because of course that's what happens when Superman gets hit with fake kryptonite that turns him bad), was actually brighter than both Superman Returns and Man of Steel.

Bea

#168  June 29, 2013, 02:50:11 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org

#169  July 10, 2013, 01:32:00 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#170  July 10, 2013, 01:41:42 am
That was to be expected, he worked well in his standalone series after a little while of finding his rhythm (making his backstory and style believable but still throw in tons of references) and he likes his character. But he'll really need to have his character lighten up a lot in a Justice League setup, more like the "funny guy" he is in most JL cartoons. Especially if he doesn't need all his angst when out of town. The attitude he has in the series would have to be given back to Batman. I hope he'll be all "what am I even doing here" next to Superman.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:46:29 am by DKDC
#171  July 10, 2013, 03:14:45 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
talking about Batman btw, in your opinion, why would they introduce Gordon-Levitt to Batman's lair in the end? i understand it might have been a studio pleaser (because they already had a JL movie in mind) but since Christopher Nolan had already decided at The Dark Knight he would not be continuing, why would he make such a connection? it seems pointless, in addition to the fact that the studios don't seem to be willing to use Levitt, so far anyway?
#172  July 10, 2013, 06:37:07 am
    • USA
Having Arrow set-up JL movie stuff and/or having Stephen Amell appear as "the Hood" in a JL movie would make tons and tons of sense. So of course, DC/Warner will not do it at all.

Hey guys, I don't want to interrupt your discussion about Man of Steel
the one that's two weeks old, right

talking about Batman btw, in your opinion, why would they introduce Gordon-Levitt to Batman's lair in the end? i understand it might have been a studio pleaser (because they already had a JL movie in mind) but since Christopher Nolan had already decided at The Dark Knight he would not be continuing, why would he make such a connection? it seems pointless, in addition to the fact that the studios don't seem to be willing to use Levitt, so far anyway?
I doubt Nolan included it because of studio pressure. The whole point of that scene is to show that Batman's legacy is secure, and that (sigh) Robin Blake will carry on the mantle.

Bea

#173  July 12, 2013, 02:11:44 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Going to watch it tonight...
Wish me luck. I will need it.

#174  July 20, 2013, 08:06:20 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#175  July 20, 2013, 08:39:23 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
oh so they abandoned plans to release a JL movie at the time Avengers 2 comes out? good, it will allow them to not rush this shit
#176  July 20, 2013, 10:32:51 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#177  July 21, 2013, 01:05:00 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Can't say I'm particularly fond of this; for being so soon after establishing MoS, it pretty much seems like a cash grab more than anything else. The Avengers worked wonderfully as it did because Marvel developed a very strong mythos in film canon, prior to tackling said blockbuster. If anything, the only thing I can say is good on Bale for ditching the bat for having no Nolan.

Bea

#178  July 21, 2013, 02:31:09 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Considering who is ahead of it, and how I felt when I saw MoS, I am actually terrified by this idea.

#179  July 21, 2013, 04:23:36 am
    • USA
Can't say I'm particularly fond of this; for being so soon after establishing MoS, it pretty much seems like a cash grab more than anything else. The Avengers worked wonderfully as it did because Marvel developed a very strong mythos in film canon, prior to tackling said blockbuster.
This is no more of a cash grab than any other superhero movie. :I

And really, it makes much more sense to do a World's Finest movie before jumping into Justice League, especially if it is taking the place of MoS2. You can introduce the new Batman, hint at the JL movie, etc.

So I guess they'll save introducing Wonder Woman for JL (because "Wonder Woman is so hard to do", which is bullshit, but whatever). Green Lantern is who knows. It'd be dumb to bring back Ryan Reynolds, but... Warner Bros. Flash gets his own movie, which makes sense, since he's vaguely familiar (around Captain America level, pre-Marvel movies). So who else would be on the roster? Everyone knows Aquaman, and DC has a boner for yelling loudly that he's totally cool you guys. He's probably a lock. Martian Manhunter might get tossed in favor of Cyborg, though.

I just can't help feeling excited about Superman and Batman finally getting to be onscreen together. It's ludicrous it took this long.
#180  July 31, 2013, 05:43:13 am
    • USA