YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1426690 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#921  July 31, 2014, 07:15:32 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
It's because he's a love interest for Laurel. Which is somewhat of a comic-inspired thing I guess but really because shipping has proven to be good business.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

Bea

Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#922  July 31, 2014, 08:43:12 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
If it makes anyone feel better, AMC is disappointed in both camps-

Marvel for saying NOTHING about Dr. Strange and DC for Gal Gadot clearly skipping on her workouts-
Video
WARNING: ZACK SNYDER talks/jokes for 2 minutes and 30 seconds before bringing out the people we actually want to see.

I am seriously starting to think they photoshoped muscle on that WW pic, this woman is still a twig.

Oh dear goodness... she looks like a twig on that video.
They clearly photoshoped muscle on the WW pick.

So much for hoping she would hit the gym to play the part... :/
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#923  July 31, 2014, 08:48:15 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It's because he's a love interest for Laurel. Which is somewhat of a comic-inspired thing I guess but really because shipping has proven to be good business.
When I first saw the casting I thought one of the reasons they went younger was to add a love triangle or quadrangle or whatever to the Green Arrow/Felicity relationship, but then the description of the role just talked about him training not-Black Canary and I forgot about it. Because I just think of it as a relationship between Black Canary II and Wildcat (who trained her) and he's basically an uncle to her and eww.
#924  August 01, 2014, 03:16:52 am
  • Haters are toys
Oh, OK, here's something else: J. R. Ramirez was cast as Wildcat in Arrow. Which is absolutely terrible, another white character is being played by a nonwhite actor! I must away to mine fainting couch!

Wildcat needs a reboot, from the ground up anyway, I wouldn't have done it like this............ but eh.

I'm more interested how he'll look, really.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

edit:
Oh dear goodness... she looks like a twig on that video.
They clearly photoshoped muscle on the WW pick.

So much for hoping she would hit the gym to play the part... :/

Between Snyder's jibbajabba and seeing miss 'Le-twig', the host was the perfect fit. If there's anyone who knows about a project being driven into the ground, it's Chris Hardwick.

The whole thing was sad.

"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:22:15 am by Sky79
#925  August 01, 2014, 09:07:53 am
    • USA
Wildcat needs no reboot. He works perfectly well as a nonpowered street level hero who was active during WWII and has since gone on to teach everyone from Batman to Black Canary how to fight. He works great as a remnant of the old guard, and one who is still actively involved with teaching and inspiring the next generation of heroes.

... or at least, that's how it used to work. Thanks nu52!

I'm not really sure what the problem with the tape is; he's a boxer, and he doesn't have rich murdered parents. The tape makes sense both as a design element (calling attention to his boxer nature) and as a character element (he's an ordinary dude who made his costume out of what he had).
#926  August 01, 2014, 11:43:19 pm
  • Haters are toys
I'm not really sure what the problem with the tape is; he's a boxer, and he doesn't have rich murdered parents. The tape makes sense both as a design element (calling attention to his boxer nature) and as a character element (he's an ordinary dude who made his costume out of what he had).

You really want to get into this?
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#927  August 02, 2014, 01:15:41 am
    • Edtion.TK
#928  August 02, 2014, 03:13:32 am
    • USA
Well I already laid out why I think it makes sense, so I'm good. But if Sky wants to continue complaining about incredibly minor shit that no one else would ever in a million years have a problem with, he can really get into it in either thread, really.
#929  August 02, 2014, 03:15:02 am
  • Haters are toys
I think that's a 'no' on your end.

Pffffffff
#930  August 02, 2014, 03:17:07 am
    • USA
Well I'm glad you're able to so eloquently argue your point.
#931  August 02, 2014, 03:20:07 am
  • Haters are toys
If you're game, I am as well J.

See you there.

Bea

#932  August 02, 2014, 09:29:58 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#933  August 02, 2014, 09:35:38 pm
    • USA
Nah, they're filming in Detroit, it always looks like that.

... god Detroit jokes are depressing, it's such a shitty situation for its residents, sorry :(
#934  August 02, 2014, 10:00:16 pm
  • Haters are toys
AMC Mailbag host and editor & chief John Campea commented on how well BvS actors will measure up next to each other-

"These two are monsterus men, but Ben Affleck is nearly half a head taller then Henry Cavill"- John Campea

Spoiler: side by side (click to see content)

Add the costume and Ben will tower over him in the movie.

Edit:
Yo Bea, maybe they'll have heels for Gal AND Henry   :laugh3:
#935  August 04, 2014, 07:32:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Nah, they're filming in Detroit, it always looks like that.

... god Detroit jokes are depressing, it's such a shitty situation for its residents, sorry :(
now I had this mental picture of superman/apocaliptic movies being filmed on detroit to save money (since it always looks like that), then detroit becomes rich adn gets fixed, the studios abandon it and it becoems poor again and the cycle repeats itself.
#936  August 05, 2014, 01:06:13 am
  • Haters are toys
#937  August 05, 2014, 01:33:19 am
    • USA
Oh go fuck yourself, you morally bankrupt piece of shit.

Fucking Christ, blaming the victims, Jesus.
#938  August 05, 2014, 01:38:08 am
  • Haters are toys
WTH man? Victims of what? They voted for, elected, reelected and supported the policies that got them into this mess.

Yo mods, would someone mind splitting this off, I don't want to derail this topic by yammering politics.
#939  August 05, 2014, 01:42:24 am
just ban sky instead imo. bad poster that doesnt understand forums
#940  August 05, 2014, 02:04:56 am
  • Fuck You.
it's such a shitty situation for its residents, sorry :(

They've no one to blame but themselves J. They don't need pity, they need a kick in the Azz

WTH man? Victims of what? They voted for, elected, reelected and supported the policies that got them into this mess.

Yo mods, would someone mind splitting this off, I don't want to derail this topic by yammering politics.

oh

fuck you fuck yourself
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/