YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1426569 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1041  September 13, 2014, 05:43:33 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Well... didn't he do well in the executive producer role on Fringe (yet another show I'm kicking myself for not getting on-board with and still need to catch up with)? But then again the most recent thing he did was write and direct that weird Winter's Tale movie, which looked (and apparently was) absolutely terrible, so... who knows?

As much as I love the episodes he (co-)wrote on Fringe, he'll never wash the stink of Batman and Robin off of him. Never.

(yet another show I'm kicking myself for not getting on-board with and still need to catch up with)

Ahh, that explains why my Lincoln Lee reference fell flat. Fringe is great, watch it! Just like Battlestar, you've already done yourself a disservice by not being a part of it when it was airing. The speculation (Huge discussions about color usage! That turned out to be valid!), the emotion, the nail-biting fear that Fox could cancel it at any moment...

With all of the reboots throughout the years, wouldn't it make sense to just, say, take the elements that worked best and make a trilogy out of a smaller portion of a story?? While not a hardcore comic buff, I am one for good storytelling. I feel that studios are going to run with what sells and shoehorn waaaaay too much into a short runtime. I also think Batman VS Superman is being put under a goddamn microscope to the point that nobody will be satisfied with it when it comes out. There's still hope because Zach Snyder is capable of really good stuff. Watchmen was awesome in my opinion and 300 was simply badass.

The problem is that Warner is looking to do Justice League with the same buildup that Marvel did for Avengers, that's why they're trying to doublestuff everything into one movie.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1042  September 13, 2014, 05:58:53 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I'm still convinced that if DC's movies were being run by people who were competent they'd be able to build up a JL movie in far, far less movies than it took Marvel, simply because of the brand recognition they have with their core Trinity (Wonder Woman, sadly, to a much, much lesser extent than Superman and Batman, but still far more than most of the movie Avengers before their own movies came out). They could just put out a Trinity movie that seeded the idea of teaming up, establish the idea that there are multiple superheroes running around, and maybe do a solo movie for one other hero, and the actual JL movie could just quickly sketch the remaining heroes' origins. If nothing else, GotG certainly proved that you can assemble a team of complete unknowns with the need to laboriously explain each and everyone of their origins, and have it all work!

I wonder how deathstroke will play in this when he's way more driven in titans than anything when he first started. Seeing as how he's in arrow I would be more than annoyed if he didn't show up at some point.

Also I don't see why not have cyborg in the show, I know he's justice league now, but this isn't part of the movie universe, as I think some characters that are showing up in the tv series have also shown up on movies(or will, like Ra's) They seem to be two separate things.
I get the sense that they might not be able to use Deathstroke at all, given that Arrow's already used him. And DC is still laboring under the delusion that people can't tell the difference between different versions of characters in different media. Such arbitrary rules are nothing new to DC (who remembers the Bat-embargo)! DC seems to have really shied away from the notion of Deathstroke as a Teen Titans villain at all; it seems like since Identity Crisis they've done nothing but shout from the rooftops that he is the biggest of big deals, he can take out the whole Justice League be scared of him he's so badass etc. etc.

As for Cyborg, DC has really been pushing him as a JL member and it really seems like the only reason he's allowed to be on Titans Go is because they wanted the same lineup as the 2003 cartoon. And it's looking like anything that's not already claimed as by a show that's going to show up in a movie is completely off-limits (to the point where Arrow can't even mention Wayne Enterprises in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it newspaper headline). It's so, so, dumb, but I have to consider it as a strong possibility.

Plus it would be stupid not to capitalize on the teen titans cartoon's popularity as well
We... it IS DC and Warner Bros!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... :( :( :(

to be more specific, I am almost certain they'll try and distance this show from the cartoon as much as humanly possible, because this is gonna be a realistic and dark take on a bunch of teenage sidekicks getting together to live in a giant T.
#1043  September 13, 2014, 06:13:20 am
  • Haters are toys
The show simply isn't going to work without Cyborg,-But- the suite alone would be costly production wise, and I can't see them taking the Smallville way out again.

It all just screams 'bad idea'.
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1044  September 13, 2014, 07:12:54 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
you can make it work without cyborg, he didn't show up until the 2nd batch of titans or 3rd, I can't remember which version was that horrible team that all died minus like one.

And if this show doesn't have deathstroke I don't think I can watch it, he was such a huge and awesome part of titan lore and dc not using him is really just not catering to it's titan fans. This is the problem I had with arrow, and it's stealing other hero's villains, and I like that show.

Dc is horrible with coordination, if they done it right, they could have spun titans out of arrow, and had deathstroke find his way over there. I mean flash already exists in this arrow world. Guess it's because of the network crap, this is why marvel is so much better at all of this.

I want to give this a chance, but I am so worried it's going to be bad.
#1045  September 13, 2014, 07:26:06 am
    • USA
you can make it work without cyborg, he didn't show up until the 2nd batch of titans or 3rd, I can't remember which version was that horrible team that all died minus like one.
I don't recall there being any major Titan deaths until after the New Teen Titans era began (and the closest thing to "everyone dies but one" for Titans is that shitty setup book for Winnick's Adult Titans run that killed off a random new Titans team, which included Power Boy [he had a chest hair window, why did they kill him? :(], and there were a some but not a lot at the end of Wolfram's first run, I guess); in fact the only thing that's really coming to mind is the newcomers from the Justice League Detroit team dying (except for Gypsy) in that final arc of JLA that DeMatteis wrote to wrap up the Detroit era and set up JLI.
Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:43:03 am by Jmorphman
#1046  September 13, 2014, 03:17:12 pm
  • Haters are toys
Guess it's because of the network crap, this is why marvel is so much better at all of this.
Not network crap, The CW itself is a Crap Network for DC to get this started. I agree, there is no sensible reason why this couldn't be glorious. But DC is badly mismanaged right now.
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1047  September 13, 2014, 05:04:36 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
The CW is actually the perfect network to do this, it's owned by Warner. That means less money to air it, so as long as it has a passionate audience it can stay on for years, giving them plenty of time to build a sound universe. Constantine's gonna be in danger of cancellation from day one, Gotham from day two, Titans has a four year life EVEN IF it's successful based on every other TNT show.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1048  September 13, 2014, 05:16:04 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I don't recall there being any major Titan deaths until after the New Teen Titans era began (and the closest thing to "everyone dies but one" for Titans is that shitty setup book for Winnick's Adult Titans run that killed off a random new Titans team, which included Power Boy [he had a chest hair window, why did they kill him? :(], and there were a some but not a lot at the end of Wolfram's first run, I guess); in fact the only thing that's really coming to mind is the newcomers from the Justice League Detroit team dying (except for Gypsy) in that final arc of JLA that DeMatteis wrote to wrap up the Detroit era and set up JLI.

they weren't major, because the team wasn't around long, I just remember most of the team dying off.
#1049  September 13, 2014, 07:01:46 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
But DC is badly mismanaged right now.

I'm still convinced that if DC's movies were being run by people who were competent they'd be able to build up a JL movie in far, far less movies than it took Marvel.

These above two comments is what frightens me. While I'm no comic buff, DC has some truly fantastic material on their hands from what I've heard through here and from comic buff friends of mine have told me about. It seems that DC is trying to play catch up with Marvel regardless of the cost, and that cost is film quality and fanbase. There was that shit period of terrible Marvel movies that could have been great, but were disastrous. Daredevil and Ghost Rider were atrocities. Spider-Man 3 was even worse. Now I'm sure that won't be the case for BvS, you still can't help but worry about how these films will turn out. While it's great to see Wonder Woman get attention and Batman evolving in style to what Frank Miller envisioned, everything feels shoehorned in since DC is shooting for what's popular right now and merely stuffing it into 120 minutes of runtime.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1050  September 13, 2014, 07:12:35 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
it's not even what's popular right now, it's more of what they think is. And they are wrong.
#1051  September 13, 2014, 09:16:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#1052  September 14, 2014, 08:26:37 am
    • USA
The CW is actually the perfect network to do this, it's owned by Warner. That means less money to air it, so as long as it has a passionate audience it can stay on for years, giving them plenty of time to build a sound universe. Constantine's gonna be in danger of cancellation from day one, Gotham from day two, Titans has a four year life EVEN IF it's successful based on every other TNT show.
It's seriously so weird this is on TNT, I mean, Teen Titans is full of stunningly beautiful 20-somethings with great abs, it's got all the prerequisites needed to be a CW show!

they weren't major, because the team wasn't around long, I just remember most of the team dying off.
Oh wait, I got a guess: Team Titans?

While it's great to see Wonder Woman get attention
I wouldn't even call it that; DC's third biggest, well-known superhero, the most popular female hero of all, is making her film debut as a sidekick in a Batman and Superman movie. And they're prioritizing a freaking Shazam movie over a Wonder Woman one, and have already made a fucking Green Lantern movie before a WW one, and not even the one people know (John Stewart), but fucking boring ass Hal Jordan. To so totally ignore that you have a very well known property in favor of much, much lesser known ones, it's just absolutely insane!
#1053  September 14, 2014, 07:59:30 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
It's kinda strange that Titans aired in TNT (maybe, if the pilot passed).

But i'll wait to see the result of this. Since that Titans is one of my favorites superheroes groups.
#1054  September 14, 2014, 08:32:36 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I wouldn't even call it that; DC's third biggest, well-known superhero, the most popular female hero of all, is making her film debut as a sidekick in a Batman and Superman movie. And they're prioritizing a freaking Shazam movie over a Wonder Woman one, and have already made a fucking Green Lantern movie before a WW one, and not even the one people know (John Stewart), but fucking boring ass Hal Jordan. To so totally ignore that you have a very well known property in favor of much, much lesser known ones, it's just absolutely insane!

This goes back to what sells. For whatever reason, DC feels like Shazam will 1-up WW, so *bam* here we have WW as a guest character and Shazam getting his own feature film. It should be the other way around. Why would Shazam sell more than WW anyhow!?

The idiots in charge should be replaced with business savvy, hardcore fans who know their shit. Seriously.

#1055  September 14, 2014, 09:16:28 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Why would Shazam sell more than WW anyhow!?

I tried to understand this Saikoro. Really hard and sad to see that WW don't get more attention them Shazam. She's an superheroine icon (or THE superheroine icon).
#1056  September 14, 2014, 09:19:50 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+

#1057  September 14, 2014, 09:28:32 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I couldn't help but think of this awesome spoof with you saying that.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8iDFG6d734[/youtube]

Watch from 1:00 on to see what I mean. The entire thing is equally hilarious and well done though.

hehehe, i remember this spoof! Really hilarious! :laugh:
#1058  September 17, 2014, 07:11:02 am
    • USA
OK so apparently they're working on an adaptation of Neil Gaiman/Mike Carey's Lucifer over at Fox, and... no fucking way. C'mon. They're not making a fucking show about the fucking devil. No goddamn way, the outrage it would generate wouldn't be worth the trouble.

... they can't make it, I don't want them to. Lucifer was such a fantastic creation in Neil Gaiman's Sandman, and Mike Carey's Lucifer spinoff series only deepened the character and was the only Sandman spinoff to carve out its own unique identity in its excellent exploration of faith and theology. This is just too goddamn depressing to consider.
#1059  September 17, 2014, 12:38:27 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its a buddy cop flick, with god as the hardass funny boss that assigns lucifer , the cynical cop, to work with a new angel solving crimes and locking up demons.

#1060  September 17, 2014, 10:18:31 pm
    • USA
They already gave the plot description, if you're going to bullshit up a series from that at least follow the description >:[

it's basically where Lucifer ended up at the end of Sandman, right? But the actual Lucifer series by Mike Carey immediately abandoned that (not because it was bad, it's just unsuitable for an ongoing series) to go on a dizzyingly complex theological tale exploring Creation and Free Will.

They're gonna turn all that into another fucking detective show. :(